Bard Urology

Discussion in 'CR Bard' started by anonymous, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is a role within the kidney and stone management position worth pursuing? Can anyone give me honest feedback about the role, call points, compensation, company car type or allowance, work life balance, Salesforce.com entries, on call or not, etc. I appreciate your input. This position is not hospital based, correct?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also who are main competitors and who owns most market share?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did "Interventional Endourology" sales for Bard a couple years ago. It was Kidney & Stone management and also covered what was left of the women's health division.

Compensation is competitive with others in the market -- it's pretty low base salary and then high commission.

Your call points are going to be urologists and then the rest of the necessary hospital staff -- CoN, Material Manager etc.

There was a choice of a few different cars - Taurus, Escape etc. These were around the $28-30k price point.

It's a tough job. Your main item are stents followed by guide wires and stone baskets and laser lithotripsy fiber wires. If you're not on GPO/contract with the hospital, you can pretty much forget about getting your product in the door. If you are on contract, then your job is to convince the Urologist or hospital to stock and use your stent in all their procedures instead of your competitors.

Main competitors are Boston Scientific (market leader) and Cook (usually the cheap guy).
    You're not "on-call" at all hours of the night, however if you have convinced a hospital to do an evaluation on your product, you better be at every procedure they do to make sure it goes smoothly.

You will spend a lot of time in the OR standing over the shoulder of the Urologist, staring into the deep dark hole of an 85 year old man or woman. You'll spend the rest of your time setting up appointments and trying to get into a physicians office during their normal hours.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your lengthy reply. I did not end up accepting the position but I appreciate your help.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently under BD this division is now Urology and Critial Care. Can anyone give an update on how this division is doing and what are some of the pros and cons to considering a TM position in this division???

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They train reps to cry in offices to get business. It’s beyond hilarious if they don’t have Bard link in the hospital systems. Your product blows just like your reps.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How crazy is this division?!? It is officially TOAST.

If you are interviewing for any of the six open territories in this division - STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. (Dallas, Denver, Boston/NY, Seattle/Portland, Florida, and Ohio/Michigan).

24 reps total in this division. 6 now have left in 2018. And - the most tenured Product Manager has left as well.

Expect more to be leaving soon, with the loss of the HPG contract. Management has known about us getting kicked off of HPG for over two weeks, but waited until 9/11 to spill the beans. How fitting is that? That's two major contracts we are not on now. The loss of the Premier contract in December of 2017 was the start. You know Vizient will not be renewing things for Bard Endo come 2020.

But our products (stents, guide wires, baskets, laser fibers) aren't commodities, so we should be able to just switch things over to a Local Contract, and continue on with business as usual...HA! Anyone left here should be on notice that time is short. This place is churning with discontent, low (or no) morale, and is in last place when it comes to market share. Don't let the BDD managers tell you that Olympus is in 4th. They are killing it with their new laser/fiber placement deals. And making headway with disposables because they have capital to leverage in the terms of their own laser boxes, along with their scopes. We have nothing.

To top it all off, without a doubt BD will be changing the comp plan around, and not in a positive way. Expect total comp to go down. The NSM should be a lot of fun...

Bye bye BD UCC. Ivan probably has someone looking to off-load this even as you read this.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interestingly enough, Ivan left. That was a hilarious group conference call!

IT: "I'm not leaving because Bard/BD is not a good company. I am not leaving because the opportunities are not here. I'm leaving because I need to do what is best for me and my family and my career. BD is great and there is a lot of opportunity at BD, with great products and a great future."

That's all great - but why leave and go to Zimmer Biomet if BD is so "great"?

Maybe Bard/BD isn't so great?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't say enough how sad it is, this division has definitely fallen.

Leading the way is the West. If memory serves me correctly, the West won District of the Year a couple times in the distant past.

Since the current manager has been in place, it hasn't won anything.

Five, almost six years, and nothing. Not even quota achieved.

The other three districts have all won at least once during that time.

What's up with that?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is EK still a manager?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes - "EK" is still a manager. So is "RVA" and "BS".

Can you believe that "NH" is still a manager, though!?!? Never woulda been one without a BIG ASSIST from his GOOD BUDDY "ST".

Since becoming manager just under 5 years ago, he's had a total of 10 reps in 6 territories.

What kind of a manager goes through 2 reps a year, on average - doesn't ever hit his quota number - and manages to STAY as a manager?

It's certainly the Wild, Wild West...