Bard Vascular Access

Discussion in 'CR Bard' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you leave a $125k/yr job (device) in a mid market city for a TM roll with Bard Vascular Access? Would appreciate any thoughtful responses.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah if you want to find another job after six months. I have been here for almost three years and 75% of the sales team has less tenure than I do.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you really looking for career advice on a bitchfest blog??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where else do you suggest he/she try to get some honest feedback from reps about a potential job change his recruiter or the hiring manager?

Bard is not a bad company to have on your resume and vascular is a good space to be in especially if you want to move on to the St. Jude's or Edwards of the world. Bard does have high turnover so get you 2 years and move on to bigger/better.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard Access sucks, and the best days are far behind. You will spend all your time selling the dog PIV product, port access needles, Site Scrub and bullshit kits of Statlock, all while protecting your PICC business and fielding calls about broken 3CG/sherlock and capital equipment every day. On top of that, you will have a micromanager up your ass twenty-four seven including weekends. You can make $125k pretty much doing anything nowadays. This is not worth it. Trust me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest feedback from current employees? Pick up the phone and call some. Sounds a bit more logical and productive.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DEAD ON!!! the territories are open for a reason. PICC growth is gone and 3cg upgrades are not feeding the children. Powerglide holds the key to maintenance and it is a failing product. Statlock is getting kicked out of everywhere. Port access is good, capital can be good if your machines are in budget or one breaks.

Realistically in the wrong territory , you will be lucky to make $110k. And that may be a stretch because the rep that just left whatever terry you are interviewing for loaded those accounts, got a fat commission, and is on his/her way. You my freind, will be stuck eating ramen noodles for the next year trying to figure out how to make your call report look exciting!

Long story short - bard access is a thing of the past. This ship has sailed, is now sinking and about to be taken over by pirates

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. I appreciate your feedback. I have talked with a local rep in my region/ same position, 2 reps back. And yes I know CP gets a lot of bs but I do know that it has the potential to provide some insight into arena's that not everyone may be familiar with. I have never sold vascular so it's all new to me. Thank you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best advice I can give you is : stay out of this company and vascular access all together.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it is a great job, why do you think the person "2reps back" isn't still here. Turnover that person probably quit 6 months ago and there have been 3 or 4 reps already through. Don't listen to the recruiter either. Turn em and burn em

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Statlock growing its revenue or losing ground? I have an opportunity with 3M and in the first interview, was told that bard Statlock owns this space in securement. Checked with two hospitals an they both use statlock. They are also evaluating a clip like device and said 3M is too many steps. Any info would be helpful

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha! Statlock is brutal! It's getting booted and/or under threat everywhere. ! Take the 3M job and get To know the materials director really Well and you will have it made.

The more business you take the less in servicing and materials management threats I have to deal with. Hell, I'll tag team those accounts with you. Doesn't really affect my commissions!

Enjoy!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the latest on PICC's? Good market or bad market. I think this is part of Bard Oncology and they mention PICCs on the conference call and that navigation is driving the business. How close is the coating to market, this year or next year? I heard that Angio D has a better product now but does not have navigation. Teleflex has navigation but not a great coating. Bard has no coating but great navigation. Is that how this market is viewed?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is correct. BAS missed the boat many years ago regarding coating on piccs. They passed on Bioflo (mistake) and that coating is proving to be a big player. The navigation component is a big deal however not having a coating is locking BAS out of some accounts. It's hard for me to believe that accounts will pay a $20-$40 up charge for a coated picc line. More than likely BAS will be giving the coating away to protect their current accounts.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coating is everything...just ask the guy who lost CCF to BioFlo

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Angio does have Navigation. Its called Celerity.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does Beasley still run things? It's amazing a guy who has done so little runs so much. He seemed to be a survivor more than someone who actually did anything, is that still the case?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AD is clueless, Celerity is not a navigation device. it's a joke, vasanova holds more weight than that terrible product. nobody likes a follower, AD will never compete in this space. it will always be bard's market and arrow praying for a few big breaks.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Combining BioFlo and Celerity should move the AngioD needle markedly...yes?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard may own the market in VAD, but their company and the people that rep their products are held in disdain by their customers doing business with them. Has Bard ever done a customer satisfaction survey? I think you'd be surprised by what you find