Base/Bonus reps get better commission?

Discussion in 'Benco Dental' started by anonymous, Feb 15, 2020 at 3:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because someone at Benco is requesting they be deleted. They're afraid of one more lawsuit than what they've got on their plate already. Too many managers doing too much shady stuff for too long. They've turned a blind eye and now they're having to answer for their apathy towards this behavior. I'm sure there were those who were furloughed and those who were even kept on and even some who were let go that experienced harassment and now with time to reflect, regardless of how "willing" a participant they were, they're deciding to take action. So Benco is doing what they can to limit the online chatter that can be used in a lawsuit to show that people were aware of this behavior and who was alleged to have been involved etc. So getting things deleted, nothing is ever really gone on the internet, makes them feel like they're ahead of the game. Good luck CFC, Schitface etc. Your gonna need it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. Too much stuff was going on.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All I know is that a young cute blonde was kept over me (an old person) who brings no value to the region and makes 65k a year on base/bonus when I brought roughly 1.5m in sales last year. If the rumors are to be believed, she was supposedly friendly with the right people. Firings making more sense to anyone now or just me ... ? And the other base/bonus rep making 65k They didn’t want her mommy (literally) to quit so she got to stay. I don’t even think she sold 100k last year???? Fishy things at work here and it’s not adding up maybe I’m difficult but if this is a numbers thing or keeping the best sales reps this doesn’t seem to make much sense ... onward?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They essentially cleared out the west. Probably had nothing to do with your performance, but a way for Katy to make her mark and have a fresh slate. It’s not secret that Chuck has had this extravagant plan of being nationwide. (Please check Federal lawsuit his business plans and expansion plans are outlined)

No right hand of CFC has been able to figure it out. KT, MS, Now KC is up.
    Hiring former schein and Patterson reps works for fast expansion, but not sustainable growth. Invest in your people, invest in training ( put someone more pleasant to be the POC for training questions) -they have to know about dental so don’t even think about her current minion. I hate to say it, but the same individual keeps getting dragged in the mud on this forum and she really does nothing wrong, just has way too much on her plate. She is actually very nice, anyone would get grumpy with all of those tasks and having to plump up chucks ego.

They fired the best looking female and she was under 30, so your argument isn’t valid. No one taught chuck about a loss leader in business school.
    CFC- “she wasn’t ramping up fast enough!!!”
    Rep- “what is ramping up fast enough?”
    CFC-“well uhh, um, gloves, cotton balls, uhhh, that’s a good question let me have management get back to you.”

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with all of this. I actually like Shiv, I think she does a good job, she can be difficult, but she also doesn’t deal with BS and she’s well organized. There needs to be multiple trainers, one of each district at the very least. There needs to be a better way to invest in the rookies and seasoned reps collectively if we want to see growth and expecting on person to manage all that isn’t reasonable or sustainable.

I have a question for any managers in here, did you get the final say in who was let go or was it done from the top? I am of the belief that the RSM had the final call on this. Yes, maybe there was a headcount given or dollar amount given to clean up, but I think the RSM gave the list. Correct me if I’m wrong please.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s my understanding that the RM made the call

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about the regions that had no RM for a while? RM just fired? Or even new RM?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is my understanding that the lowest performers and those close to retirement were in the first round. The next round will be the next lowest performers and those with slow growth.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many TRs are left? Do we want to be Darby type and just be over the phone?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The regions will cut dramatically. Only the highest producers will be left.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like that’s what they will do. Combine regions and give reps bigger territories with less commission.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you not hear KC at the BSF? Bigger territories!

I’m waiting for the insiders to come back on here and tell us what is happening. It is amazing how you can find so much info on this site.

It will be interesting to see if they even bring any base-bonus reps back. If they do it, I wonder how many stick around. Once loyal reps may not think twice when that Patterson or schein manager has a manufacturer rep contact you on their behalf.
    They are going to hand select all the up and comers and leave Benco with the insurance collecting washed up reps who make 4 calls a day and do not cold call. “but they have relationships”
    How’s Darby doing with their relationships? Dental city? Net 32?
    Do these accounts really care about relationships?
    Look at their market share growing every single day. I’d love to see an analysis of reps with tenure over 8 years and see their numbers the last 5.
    So many you think have “relationships” are losing business to online retailers because they are only order takers. That business model is not sustainable.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true novice.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

May become like medical. Contracts with very low margins. Large territories. Low pay. The days of making $100k+ are over. Pay in line with Dentsply.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s a lot of TR’s that I am still shocked are here. Just look at all the negative and ungrateful people on this board. Oh and the people that we’re let go, there’s a reason. It’s kind of like an account, no one ever gives up a good one. You weren’t a good account.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chucky boy. Why can’t we close your account down and instead have someone else run the office? Retire, sell it, do something besides be the account owner. Chuck you are not a good account!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bears there was quite a big meeting today with the state of the company. Any insider information on that?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Base bonus is coming for all. Look at all distribution gigs.
    The days of getting rich in dental are over.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just shut up. You’re an idiot