Base/Bonus reps get better commission?

Discussion in 'Benco Dental' started by anonymous, Feb 15, 2020 at 3:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wasn’t that the reason they started hiring base bonus reps? But it backfired because they weren’t making any calls just collecting a paycheck.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s the big deal? That’s how I was hired on years ago. Once my sales commissions covered my base I went full commission.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Years ago? Normal hired, base bonus is a rep that got a salary n got extra bonus for hitting target numbers.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uh, no. Not the same thing. You were hired on with a subsidy that eventually went away and then you were full commission.

Base/bonus = a salary of $50-65k that NEVER GOES AWAY. Ever. The rep can earn bonuses on top of that and in come cases even commission on top of that. To put that into context, a fully commissioned rep would need to sell roughly 1.2 million to earn $50k a year.

We have commissioned sales reps busting their tail selling 2 million and making about $60k a year while some base/bonus reps sell $100k a year (if that) and make more $$.

Now do you see the issue? Now do you understand why some of us are scratching our heads wondering why those reps were kept and others who sell exponentially more were not kept?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m OP of the subsidy post. I was wrong. Thank you for breaking that down and explaining it.

Yeah, I agree. That new compensation package is completely unfair and unjust.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No problem glad I could clarify. I don’t think you were alone in understanding what the base/bonus structure looks like and why commission reps aren't happy about it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insiders. When is the next round of firings coming?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Within 2 weeks.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! Not sure what these guys are thinking!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many are expected?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unicorns are real folks.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many? All of ‘em

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With some states beginning to reopen and more coming on May 1 I doubt there’s more layoffs in the immediate. Benco cares about their people and they are working feverishly to ensure that we all have an income and that we can earn the high commissions that we always have. Chuck is one of the kindest most generous upstanding people there is on this God given green earth and he will forego his own salary to help us I just know it to be true.

Did you fall for it? Who was ready to troll me and call me chuck? ROFLMAO

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha! That was a good one.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn't see the #onwards on your post so I fully expected it to be a joke.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like there’s a list of names in the event they need to lay-off more if this covid blows up in all of our faces after states reopen. Some who on furlough won’t be returning at all, that’s been established.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bravo. Great reply.

Thank you. You made coming to the negative crapfest worth it.