Base salary range MS rep?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, May 4, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone give me a salary range for MS reps? I'm in Neuro now with another company, 10 yrs experience.
    thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After you find out the salary you need to find out additional information. Is my potential new manager a micro manager. There is a good chance since many in MS are micro managers. Why Novartis with 10 years experience? You can do better. Unless you need a job, run fast

Look through cafepharma to get these answers about managers.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be desperate....most are trying to leave MS here. Have fun with the worst in class HUB and FDOs....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Base salary range and is 110k to 175k. There are 3 levels and most people come in at Level 1 or 2. Having said that why WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO COME TONRHE SHITTIEST MS company in the world???? If you want to get into MS go to a real Biotech like Biogen, Genzyme or Genentech.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The person who wrote this is correct. Be very cautious.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what's the timeline on naming the internal transfers for management and bringing on the people from outside? My manager hasn't said a word. Then again, he doesn't work all that often.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you salary range is on point for MS reps stated above. It's honestly a range where you currently are and what prior experience you have. Manager salaries are 175-200k range depending on experience. So let's say we can get a manager or rep from Biogen or Genetech that is gonna be on the upper end of the spectrum if the person has performed, top 10% finishes, etc. otherwise, that being said, Novartis is big pharma with metric focus, and bonus will largely depend on where you are located, but don't expect to go much over target if you hit it. Hope this helps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Put the crack pipe down. No chance in hell a rep working for a biotec comes any where near this Big Pharma micro mgmt shit can. NVS is also lay off central each year.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If any rep from Biogen or Genentech came to Novartis there must be some serious baggage involved. Novartis is a micro management nightmare. Part of your bonus is subjective and if your manager doesn;t like you there goes part of your bonus. Just not worth the risk to work here

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Novartis echo man repeats another reply. What a well trained novatian pup. Ha

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People come for different reasons. For instance, I'm considering the opportunity bc my spouse is getting relocated to another state. No openings at current company. This would be a promotion and salary increase. The goal would be to do well and possible shift to another division in 2yrs or so. That's why.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure that is a good reason. Do you know about the legal/ethical issues here? Would you be ok if you were asked to compromise your personal values? How would you feel if a significant portion of your bonus wasn't paid because the manager might not like you? Just do your homework and if you are ok with the environment maybe this is where you belong.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good points above. Pharma has fallen so much all reps are looking for now with taking a new job is 1-2 years. They figure I'll accept a job for a year or two to receive good pay even if Iknow going in its unstable with a bad reputation. Sad times.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a great Company. Try working hand in hand with Amgen and all their primary care mentality. The MS reps have it good here.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is it a great company? I just don't see it. Give us your opinion why Novartis is a great company without comparing it to Amgen. I would say if the MS reps have it good why did most of the people with previous MS experience leave many years ago. They must have known the difference between good and bad

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NVS is good for young inexperienced Reps. It's a good place to start and understand what BIG Pharma is all about. Don't spend more than 3-5 years here. It's not good for anyone w/ greater than 5-7 years of experience because the company dose not value experience at all. The coaching that you will receive is geared for entry level Representative and the ABLs cannot coach or deal w/ anyone w/ greater experience or wisdom than themselves. They coach a 10-15 year veteran that knows their territory the same as someone w/ 1-2 years of experience that's part of the culture problem here. ABLs talk down to anyone w/ experience because that's what they are trained to do and they don't know any better so it's hard to blame them.