Baxalta

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jun 28, 2017 at 8:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did you buy Baxalta? To deliberately run it into the ground? The changes that have been made are astonishing to say the least. You let go some of the top people in the industry without even thinking of how they can hurt this business by going to a competitor. They know this business and it isn't an easy one to know. You don't listen to the few leaders left telling you exactly what is wrong and why you are horribly screwing everything up. You don't want to hear it. You believe this is like any other business. It's not. It's not more special than your other businesses, or better, it's just different and intricate, and has many moving facets.

Can it even be fixed at this point? So many bad moves were made. More bad moves/decisions are being made on a daily basis. Legacy has screamed over and over again what the problems are and nobody cares. We have become the joke of these business units that we were always the leaders of. If you want the bleeding to stop. Quit making decisions without asking and learning about these true rare diseases. Shame, shame, shame on you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So a true. The phrase for 2017 is "nobody cares". It is a shame. A sad, sad shame

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Baxalta employee here.....what a disaster Shire has been for us....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shire is a disaster. Completely void of leadership. I have never seen the complete destruction of a business unit in such a short period of time. We were once the pride of the industry and in one short year, we are now a laughingstock. It always comes down to leadership and the leaders here are incompetent.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen...now they are ruining the HAE division too

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Companies will let you go on Christmas Eve. They all wonder why there are people who change companies often it's because they don't give a crap about you or your family so why not look for better opportunity. It's better to be the one in control. As I'm typing I can feel the Kool Aid drinkers ready to pounce!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have GIBU was a preview

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shire is by far the worst company I have ever worked for, falling victim to recent downsizing bc this company's leaders don't have the sack to man up and tell investors that the goals are way too absurd. ZERO communication and ZERO transparency. Layoffs happened 4 days ago and still no communication to the sales. My own zone director never even called, what a pathetic joke, even leadership can't do whats right and call the employees they just let go of.

absolutely terrible and most unprofessional company I've ever worked for.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm very sorry that you were let go. As a rep in the OBU that's still employed by Shire, I am very nervous about my job security long term. I think the way you guys were treated is absolutely awful. No warning, no PIP, we have had no communication from ZDs or John. My numbers are doing ok for now, but all it takes is for 1 of my big docs to move out of my territory or stop rx X and my territory will tank. Then I'll be on the chopping block. X hasn't even been out for a year.....and already firing people?? I've launch a lot of products in my career and never seen anything like this.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shire seems to want to get rid of every trace of Baxalta and the Baxter heritage. Just toss it into the garbage bin, close the lid, wait for trash day, and it's gone and out of site and mind forever. They are cutting and closing sites rapidly to save as much as possible. Senior Management has a plan and will walk all over the dead bodies to get to their goals. So don't be surprised when the next shoe drops and you are blindsided with more job cuts.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They had no business buying Baxalta in the first place. The final "f$ck you" Ludwig was able to get over on Shire was somehow making the books look profitable for the future despite all the hemo compition. The Baxalta deal has been a disaster for Shire. That's what you get when you try and assign growth numbers like it's selling pills being filled at Walgreens. Idiots. They should have stuck to ADD pills and dry eye disease drops. HAE is imploding on itself too. They have created a complete shit storm.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wah, wah, wah

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Phlem made a highly emotional purchase, like a spoiled teenager from a fancy suburb, borrowing lots of money from Mommy and Daddy to buy a top of the line Ferrari. But after he got his luxury car he didn't take the time to learn about how a Ferrari is different to drive from a Honda Civic. He didn't take care of his fancy car and quickly crashed it. Now it's in the repair shop and he still has huge bills to pay. All this turmoil with the car has negatively impacted his friends and family as well. His family is embarrassed that they allowed Phlem to behave recklessly. And his friends are sad they no longer get to ride next to Phlem in his once beautiful luxury car.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Phlem, I was wondering when the shareholders realized what you have done and cut you off, I would. You are not making the business better. You just use Baxalta legacy to move the stocks price by consolidating and layoff people who know how to run the hemophilia business. For short term, it looks good, for long term, it's a disaster to the shareholders. Since the day shire took over Baxalta, sales are going down, most of the Baxalta either stop production or no market. Shareholders, please do some research before your money goes down the drain with Phlem. After all the layoffs and closing sites, the stock price still remain ~$167, it used to be ~$250. Beside that, Phlem destroyed the Baxalta business and still promising lie to shareholders that the future is great, how? In the next year or so, Shire will loose market to all Baxalta drugs to other competitors. Look at the pipeline that Phlem promising, it is not that impressive, other companies done much better. They will out run Shire, then his strategy to move the stocks price is going through more layoffs and closing sites. Firing experience people and replace with cheap labor and expected to out put good quality products to the patients. If I am the patient, I would move on the other competitors product, where I feel more comfortable using their drugs. So keep on what you are doing Phlem, I can't wait to see you destroy Shire like you destroyed Baxalta. I encourage shareholders to do some research and move your money before it's too late.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believed all pharmaceuticals businesses are to safe lives, not to Phlem. He is taking more life's then he think he is saving. By taking over other businesses and layoffs people, don't really care how that will affect their love one and their families. Thousands of people loosing job and suffering to make a living, how is that saving life's. their is no one to blame but you. Stop what you are doing and let the businesses do what they do best. Stop ruining it, for the love of the business and everyone who's make it possible. Not every business act the same way, especially when it come to hemophilia business. It takes more then just consolidating and laying off people. I am in this business because I love what I do each day. But it comes to my attention that this business will be vanished in the near future. How sad, before you do anymore harm to the business, please stop what you are doing and listen. It will do much better if you allow it to.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't a sales reps job is to convert doctor's use of an existing product to their new drug? Your concern that losing one of your "big docs" is PATHETIC. You should be developing a lot of "big docs" for X!! You call your self a salesperson, ha ha ha! Your just a snowflake that delivers sandwiches and samples! You need to be FIRED!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I haven't worked pharma in 15 years, but plasma is totally different. What if we are short on product due to manufacturing and your biggest customer CANNOT get our product despite wanting it? They move to another product in order to keep their patients on therapy. We still have the quota and loss of sales. And Baxalta/immunology doesn't sample. Please go write on another thread that is more your speed.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are clearly not a "X" rep if you can't comprehend the other reps situation. It is absolutely a legitimate concern for many OBU reps considering how small & unbalanced (low:high decile ratio) many territories are and more importantly, how quickly reps are fired when trxs dip (not enough time to replace a large loss). No one is safe. Oh and by the way, get over yourself, you arrogant pos. Go back to your cushy desk job cranking out garbage marketing collateral.