Baxter MD Executive(and Mormon Bishop) Brik Eyre Donated $20,000 to Anti-Gay Movement

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Paranoia setting in: this week, a Director gets a call from CEO representative asking for specific financials on a project. Director works with Finance, completes analysis, and prepares to send to JA per his request. BE finds out, rips Finance a new one, and demands it go only through him. He has to present it. I bet JA has found this out, too...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When is Joe A give the pink slip to BE? He really deserves it instead of Jill.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

His day is coming. Hold tight. Outside firm is recruiting for his replacement now.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really hope this is true. We will all be celebrating the day BE leaves!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you might be cheering if BE leaves but he will be laughing at you with a payout > than 10 years of your sorry ass salary. hater chump.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry if we all don't kiss his ass like you do - dweeb. He brought this on himself with his poor leadership and business skills.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the dweeb that probably could never in their lifetime come within an arse hair of a c suite job. Go sell something and count yur pennies and quit fame shaming. You stay up at night and secretly wish you could ever have a chance to sit in his chair.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. I bet you played little league baseball and sit around making judgement against MLB players like you even know what you are talking about. Leave BE alone and go grab your batting tee. Bushleague.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

let's admit BE is not the sharpest tool in the shed. His peers and direct reports roll their eyes at some of his naive or ignorant statements -- in his own meetings -- I am told. One of his Powerpoint slide makers laughs that the only reason he/she stays employed is because BE doesn't know Powerpoint! He is a slick self-centered operator who got where he is because he is male, tall, and smiles well. It ain't because he is smart. And his little minion running the US Region ain't much better....his day, too, is coming. As in likely when Q2 falls short.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like a c suite job is something to aspire to.... Get a fuckin hobby you power hungry narcissist douche.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So - big shot. Tell all of cafe pharma what you aspire to be. You are not capable to be a C-Suite level. All ears. Write something dazzling and special. Then grab your shine box and go back to work.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is such a pathetic thread. And you can easily see with consecutive postings and writing styles that its the same 1 or 2 unhinged loons making most of this up out of thin air to destroy someone simply because he disagrees with a special privileges political movement masquerading as a civil rights movement. You need help...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You really think 1 - 2 people have written all these posts for this thread for the past six years? How stupid are you? Go be useful and sell some products.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is a civil rights movement - and to have leadership that supports our oppression is mind boggling - how does Baxter claim to support diversity and have leadership that feels comfortable enough to make public contributions as a Baxter leader to anti-gay organizations. it is not one or two loonies keeping this thread alive - it's your daughters, sons, sisters, brothers.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a gay male who works at Baxter. I have worked here for 12 years and have always felt as if the organization treats me well. Last week, I heard of a difficult and alarming conversation a female co-worker had had with a senior manager named Brik Eyre. When I shared this with a different co-worker, I was pointed to this website. My interactions with Brik have been nothing other than positive and productive. I do not know nor do I care if he knows I am gay. But, he told a female who shared she was pregnant that she should consider staying home with her newborn and not returning to work, since that had worked for many people. She considered this unsolicited advice. While it was his opinion, she did not seek it, and that bothers her greatly. I truly understand why some consider him sexist or at least pro-family, but he needs to be very careful in a company making such statements because everything gets shared, and now many women will likely think they cannot get a fair shake with him.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay. So knucklehead. How about some context to the conversation? Maybe Brik spent time with this employee and she starting discussing some thoughts about life after the child or maybe she just started to talk about the baby. Maybe Brik just gave some insights and shared thoughts with the employee in a different context without malice or bad intent. It sounds like Brik's fault may be that he trusts when he is spending time with an employee that they are trustworthy will ensure the conversation is not repeated and used to continue to smear him. Yes. He needs to be careful. And this is why executives lock themselves in rooms away from the rest of the company - because they will be taken down by the TMZ police that is cafepharma.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK. So knucklehead, check the dictionary for a definition of "unsolicited." Baxter is a company that struggles to keep women in leadership positions - to have someone recommend a woman consider staying home after a baby - unsolicited - is bullshit.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a difference between recommending a woman stay home and engaging in a discussion with a woman about different alternatives women consider. Maybe BE needs to wear a wire when he speaks with employees and play back the recordings word for word as a post on CP. I highly doubt he recommended anything. That's just dumb. He probably listened to a concerned employee and the employee told someone about the discussion and a game of telephone ensued resulting in selling him out - again....

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give me a freakin break! Brik has pushed out the door just about every female business leader that has worked for him! I've personally heard him brag about his stay-at-home wife in a nice, but condescending, sexist way.