Baxter MD Executive(and Mormon Bishop) Brik Eyre Donated $20,000 to Anti-Gay Movement

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not the first time, nor the last, that BE will offer advice to women about how they should live according to the Mormon dictates he espouses at the stake or ward or whatever they call "church". He bragged to the NTM about how his wife does his laundry and irons his shirts. He openly espoused fighting equality by giving to anti-Prop 8 (starting this whole string). And he has yet to seriously promote any woman to his inner sanctum: he chases them all off. Just count them: LR, JS, LP, and countless others. Is LH next? What he hates are people with a brain and an opinion, cause he lacks both and can't make up his mind without changing it twice over. All of his direct reports openly joke about it with those of us outside the circle. It doesn't surprise any of us that SL remains, too: he is clearly not the sharpest spade in the shed, but Brik likes dull edges cause it makes him look really good.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny you write that because we started one of SL's meetings recently with the request: what can we do to make BE look good? We all laughed!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At the Gay Pride parade today, I was given a handout stating that the Mormon Church still refuses to baptize gay Mormons but they have no objection to baptizing dead Jews (Anne Frank!) and even Hitler himself! I am sure some of this is exaggerated, but I wonder if BE condones that sort of atitude?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Confirmed in conversation with her today that Laurie H is heading out, told to look for a soft landing in company but otherwise job will be eliminated! Yikes! Now Brik will have to prepare his own Powerpoint slides. Imagine that!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is a class action lawsuit just waiting to happen with BE being the first executive name listed on the suit.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think RF will be second to BE on that list. Now that TL is gone, his HR lackeys (yep, Liz) cannot bribe people to clean up the messes he left behind his special quality initiatives. It does make you wonder: if Joe felt it necessary to replace TL with his man, why hasn't he seen the writing on the wall re: BE? Or Jeane? Or SL? Hmm....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is RF and TL. Thought Joe gone?
    They will never get BE.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Felicelli, Lawrence, and Joe = current CEO

9. Bunch of trolls on this thread.

I am very very PRO gay marriage. I am also very open minded and because of that I am ok with others who are openly not ok with gay marriage. I believe everyone should have a right to believe what they want - even if it makes you and I feel uncomfortable.

Since when did being open minded mean you are only ok with the generally accepted opinions and beliefs of those around you?

This thread upsets me. The beliefs here are surprisingly sexist. Let me explain. I have been working for the past 10 years ( college educated woman here). I work 50 hours a week at a demanding job that I love. I love what I do.

Hopefully one day I can meet a nice man and get married and HELL YES if I get lucky enough to get pregnant and have a baby then ya'll better believe that I will do everything in my power to stay home with that child. I would be willing to put my beloved career aside. Because that is my choice and that is what I want to do.

Other Women may go back to work for various reasons and I whole heartedly support them and give my love to them. They know what is best for them and their baby.

It's people in the previous threads that make me feel like staying home to raise a human being is disgraceful or the lesser option. Like being a stay at home mom means your dumb and spoiled. What the FUCK y'all. You act like being a supportive wife makes you inferior- I saw those taunts shot at Mrs Eyre. You are low, who ever did that. Being a mother is beautiful- why do people bad mouth it?

Don't you realize that it is sexist to try to shame the noble title called mother?

Not everyone wants to work their way up the corporate ladder and then turn into a cafepharma troll bad mouthing their boss in secrecy.

Everyone hates the guy up top. He is flawed I am sure . But try to realize your ever own sexist attitudes. You are not perfect either.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This response brought to you by episode #236 of Dr. Phil; "Irony - Facebook moms who criticize others for posting their opinions in secrecy by attempting to shame-post in secrecy"

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Latest BE stab-in-the-back: knifed Phil R because he doesn't like competence and competition. We all sat in the Town Hall and heard Joe say Phil was the man to lead integration, and that afternoon Brik stabs Phil and sends him packing! All of us are now taking headhunter calls. All of us. Paranoid little Prick Eyre replaces Phil with "the screaming machine" Robert Felicelli who has never met a single person he could not brow beat into submission with a loud voice and emphatic swearing. Speaks volumes to the Mormon management philosophy: keep the stupid ones in mgmt because no one will threaten you then. SL, RF, DF: check.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was in a meeting this week when one of BE's direct reports (Franchise Leader!) said that BE's high water mark in his career was beating his latex glove sales quota at CareFusion. Check.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds right!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so - the same guy who donated $20K to an anti-gay campaign using his Baxter title and who uses examples of how his subservient wife delivers his laundry to him to illustrate service delivery to his team - this guy is in charge of diversity at Baxter?! Is Joe trying to punish BE or all the women and minorities at the company? Can't figure this one out.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Come on! This has always been the Baxter way or BE would have been long gone.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take good long look... Joe is old school. He will gladly setup an idiot to take the fall for not doing their job.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, what’s the update? Is this ass-clown Eyre still there?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup. He just fired Scott L. His first good decision in his long career!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sure Brik gladly threw Scott under the bus to save his own ass. Joe must like suck-ups, as Brik is the best of them. The guy doesn’t know strategy if it hit him in the face. Brik needs to go.