BCISE fuckup

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Matt Gray may be gone but his legacy lives on. What a massive fuck up from day 1. So disappointing. But what the heck, let’s promote those leaders responsible and bring in new people with no diabetes experience.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to back up and look at the bigger picture- providers don't like bydureon because it is clearly inferior in terms of a1c reduction and weight loss to other glp-1RAs out there, and it has unfavorable side effects to boot. The pen device might be better than before but is still inferior to trulicity/victoza/ozemic pens.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But, alas, 6 months from now when the re re re launch of exenatide goes south, the marketing team and SLT will blame the sales reps for not selling.
    This will be a perfect time fir them to realize failure comes from above and goes down. The Bcise market will never, ever return to anything respectable in the glo1 market. I mean, why waste your time?
    It'll be nothing more than the nexium /? and toprol xl/? combo flops.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ gonna AZ. I guess it's too much to ask, not to release samples until we can actually have them ship. But what does SSLT care, they don't have to have the conversations in the field.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

even Tanzeum delivered a positive CVOT trial. Bydureon has been a complete screw up from the start, if you have been in pharma for any amount of time - this must be, hands down, the worst drug you have ever sold.

It had legitimate challenges from the start...and at every turn our marketing has not helped. Grey was just the most recent face of a failed franchise

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What role, if any, did “Little Fitz” have in this? He has left the building.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not worst drug I ever sold... not even close. But most mismanaged? Absolutely.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And still having issues getting Bcise in pharmacies.

1st Quarter-Lets give credit for pen w/o setting baselines. Folks who had old pen biz win the day.

Keep records for HR in case you get called on overall performance this year.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even AFTER we were essentially lied to about how AZ is stocking wholesalers, pharmacies...the issues are over. What freakin' ever idiots believe that garbage! Truth is, a month later and patients still can't get it. Why even mention Bcise at this point? They might as well discontinue it. It's an inferior drug with insurmountable problems. I mean, it's embarrassing to sell. You might as well order new business cards and only list the Farx/XXR on there. You're basically an "orals" rep anyway at this juncture.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we have been oral reps for a long time, everybody else in the industry knew it except us

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ diabetes is a cluster. It’s amazing how brand leadership are still here.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ALL AZ is a cluster . The respiratory sleeves are the worst . Nothing makes sense . Absolutely nothing .

We want RST to do 2-3 fasenra calls a day , that you may or may not get bonused on . Then AZ will get the designations wrong so the 70/30 rule screws us.

The Dali/Bevespi rep has all primary Symbicort calls . Gets paid less than their DSA partner and gets minimal samples to grow their Other products business ( only reps selling Bevespi or Dali to PCP) 4 Bevespi samples is not growing the market btw.

The DSA rep has over 1/2 of their calls DSA only. Then Symbicort. Oh but they are ranked higher with symbicort and at the end of the day only ranked with it on COE.

I’m looking forward to the first Q2 report. Not to mention, by the time we get the first and only Q1 COE It will be almost 6 months into the year . Cluster is an understatement.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All mentioned is true. It’s hard to set a Strategy to Succeed w/4 samples of Bevespi (which is double mine BTW). Trying to explain to HCPS “why” we are not sampling the brand requires us to be very creative. I wish we would give all samples to areas with best coverage so that at least if the HCP writes it, the patient is likely to get it refilled. If we don’t invest in local coverage, don’t even ask us to waste time talking about it when it just frustrates HCPS/patients to write something the patient cannot get and it reduces our credibility.Where is the We Put Patients First in this scenario? Some areas/states have decent coverage for the brand and consequently have double digit share. Bring the coverage and we can bring the Rxs, but until then, it’s pretty demotivating.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup. You have children (except for DF) making these decisions all sharing with each other how great they and their ideas are. Here is the bottom line:

Until "they" align GEO as THE COE measurement, don't sweat the other brands. Just sell Symbicort like your life depends on it, because it probably does.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Until your DSM is up your butt sideways to move more Bevespi

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like it has just had bad luck

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

poor planning all of the way around. Now we are relaunching with 4 easy injection steps! Still limited supply of drug. What a joke.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Zero and completely unrelated I believe, he just knew to get out.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Serious questions for a retired 31 year Stuart, ICI PHARMA, Zeneca and AstraZeneca rep. My wife was put on Bcise. What are the problems and complaints you guys are hearing in terms of AE’s and efficacy vs the competitors?

I come back to read the threads and boy and I’m glad I self-identified back in 2012! Also, is it true they reduced the severance package from 2 to 1 week for every year? I also took the lump on the Defined Benefit Pension as well, because I didn’t trust them on the annuity. Boy, I just wished you guys could have experienced the fun we had selling Tenormin, Zestril. DIPRIVAN, Cefotan , etc. It wasn’t work, it was non-stop fun!

Thanks for the answers and good luck to you guys!