Beigene

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, May 15, 2019 at 11:45 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me Chinese, me play joke, me go wee-wee in your Coke!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Celgene HOCs jumping ship to this company. Good luck!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of all the posts on this company this one is candidly spot on encompassing points that can’t be ignored by anyone with self respect and human concern. Can’t believe anyone could work here! For those in it for their own greed, company won’t be for sale in this country ever!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice to see xenophobia alive and well here....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about working for the Japanese Eisai, Diaiichi Sankyo, Kirin Kowa, Astellas? So why so much hatred for the Chinese company Beigene?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of them are pretty bottom of the barrel for reps and pharma companies. Has nothing to do about being Chinese or whatever nationality. None of those companies have any product that revolutionary or first in class by any stretch of the imagination. For the most part me too 3rd or 4th to market products.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Approved 3.5 months prior to the PDUFA date. The FDA must be full of inept physicians, huh? Amgen also investing $2.7 billion in the company must be ludicrous too. Continue being jealous and miserable, while the rest of us did our research before coming here and are excited to work for this organization!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck to all of the ex-Celgene employees. Your future is bright here.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some unethical employees hired too. Sorry to say management was in a hurry didn’t totally vet some of them and will unfortunately discover problems.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still third to the market and no clinically significant advances over the two competitors...Amgen played into China hands buy paying to get their technology ripped off for access to their markets. But I am honestly happy for my friends you made a mint on their stock options..

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most who went over had nothing to lose and were in desperate situations. The stock options must vest before they can even be exercised so the mint you describe has a while to go before cashing in. At that time could be worth a lot less, nothing or highly profitable. Gotta know when to roll ‘em!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company is called Beigene. I think they sought out unethical management and employees. Kind of goes with the territory.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great point! Hopefully they won’t have to cover Hong Kong where brave young men & women are fighting for their freedom and literal lives. Could not work for that communist government company!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure how anyone is making a mint on a paltry amount of RSU’s...the company will never get the obscene buyout premium that are typically seen with US companies as they will not/can’t be bought out. At the rep level you would need the stock to double a few more times and split a few times to make any real money north of $1M. This has Clovis written all over it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yikes doesn’t sound too good. Reps were given RSUs and not options? Tough situation to make that mint as mentioned in some previous post.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, $125k worth. So depending on the what the share price was when you we’re hired that is how many RSU you received. It’s not ideal. Will be tough to make a big splash. Annual incentive RSU will be interesting if we do them and how many. Typically sign on options/RSU are your biggest chunk...at $125k I’m guess the annuals allocation will be quite low especially with the share price so high.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of the reps ran from Celgene as they were rejected for a CarT position. They were hoping for big options drop and got RSUs instead. It’s not what they’re used to being given but it’ll have to do.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did something happen at ASH? Why is this stock dropping so much? TIA!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. Sometimes you have to take what you have in front of you at the time.