Benco is awful now

Discussion in 'Benco Dental' started by anonymous, Jan 3, 2018 at 5:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else hearing rumors that Benco is going to let go of a bunch of under performing TR’s?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope just your wishful thinking over there at Patterson.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was announced publicly last week that they are on a hiring spree to grow the outside sales force by 10% and territory’s available were posted. They need far greater inside sales support or any sales support far more than they do added “outside customer service reps”. A lot of talented sales people there running around like chickens picking up kernels dropped in the yard. They’ll never make it to the feeding bin picking up all the pieces dropped by someone else.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you don't work for BENCO but are making assertions about their abilities and shortcomings alike...yeah. Well opinions are like Patterson and Schein reps, every Dr has one and they all smell the same.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Except that I work for Benco… Try me. Ask me anything to prove I’m a Benco employee. I’m serious when I say that I heard that they’re going to be letting go of a bunch of underperforming TR‘s… Think of the ones have been there for 5+ years who aren’t even doing 1 million yet… Why is it worth keeping them around? Definitely have a couple in my region They are hiring Rookies with the base plus bonus salary hoping that one of them can take the place of two underperforming TR‘s.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, seriously. At BSF this year, Kari and Terry did their ridiculous Kari and Terry show. We had the power of moments guy who talked about the Hotel with th the popsicles in CA at the closing ceremony. Sales meeting next year is in Cancun. Trust me. I’m a Benco employee with some intel. Just was trying to figure out if what I’ve heard is actually true and what else is going on in the company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard nothing myself but knowing Kari I wouldn't put it past her. And I hope the dog and pony show doesn't reappear in Cancun. The little clown cars were a nice touch very much in keeping with the theme of their schtick.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just looked at the Benco website. There are now 40 open sales positions! What the hell is going on?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would totally agree with the post below. Must be a Benco rep or maybe former. Benco runs so hyper lean on internal resources (not sales) its hard to fathom how they Are posting so many new salaried sales positions (part of 2 year support program) It was fun being in sales at Benco but now reps hardly sell anymore since they have made it so there is no time. Management seems to think the future is in AI or predictive technology on who will buy. Lol, Just having a foundation and infrastructure to be able to utilize AI is so far away from reality. It needs reps with more time and support to capitalize, not measurably less. Its not too late for Benco to connect the dots if Kari doesn’t keep driving blind in the wrong direction without a map and the pedal to the floor. Stop the bus and get directions from the local people and customers.

“It was announced publicly last week that they are on a hiring spree to grow the outside sales force by 10% and territory’s available were posted. They need far greater inside sales support or any sales support far more than they do added “outside customer service reps”. A lot of talented sales people there running around like chickens picking up kernels dropped in the yard. They’ll never make it to the feeding bin picking up all the pieces dropped by someone else.”

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You. Can thank the Cohen kid studying computer science at Harvard for their belief in AI being the safety net internally... Rich get richer the rest of us survive.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol, yup, the real reason behind the moronic call notes is a Harvard school project.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty sure all the new rookies will eventually replace the 2million and above reps. Inside Sales is where this is going and they’ll eventually weed out the old timers and have a few base/bonus sales reps per region and rely mainly on phone and online ordering instead. The TR role is morphing into a mfgr type position. Might take 2-5 years but it’s coming. “Changing the DNA of our sales team”.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think I can agree with the logic that rookies will replace 2 mill reps ? Unless 2 mill reps really start getting fed up and move on. It has gotten so difficult to get anything done, I can’t see how a team of rookies is going to deliver any value or handle the load. It sure is interesting and sad the direction things are going but I can’t agree more that things look like they will morph to inside sales or order takers with some outside “customer support” or what was a TR. Commodities aren’t sold they are bought and as name brands lose share the big “A” effect will start to be felt.. name brands will want need other avenues for growth ... or to limit contraction.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sure Benco learned a lesson from Patterson to not fire their reps that are doing over $1million. Everyone knows what a f$#@%#% disaster that was for Patterson.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8 months after the original post, andthe company is not less awful yet.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree, No more KT. That's a start.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can blame any VP of Sales you want. No decision gets made unless Chuck Cohen wants it or agrees to it!! Benco needs a new leader. You never know Chuck maybe out after FTC ruling September 16.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can blame any VP of Sale you want but no decisions get made unless it comes from Chuck Cohen or he agrees to them. Benco needs a new leader. Maybe Chuck will be out after FTC ruling September 16.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed to a point, and wishful thinking of Chuck leaving, stepping down etc. Anything short of criminal prosecution and he's staying. KT was allowed to behave badly, sure Chuck allowed it but he was off fling other things while she concocted the crap we deal with on a daily basis.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KT was just a pawn you guys. CFC runs this ship. You really think everything came from her? Mike Burns and all his data drove a lot of the required things we have to do now as well. Doesn’t matter who the VP of sales happens to be. Eventually Mark Rowe will be out too. He’s too old school for this new team of district VP’s.

This is the new Benco. There’s no going back. And they wonder why everyone is hightailing it to Burkhart where it’s still a family company.