Benefits? Car? Vacation Time?

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

can someone give me a rundown of 401k match, car choices, vacation time?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every day is a vacation at BIPI so don't worry about PTO. It is the kind of place people willingly pay to work for. Company cars- your choice, Mercedes Benz, Ford F-150, Audi 5000. 401 K is so good people are raking it in and leaving the organization early, well before retirement age. Upper management, well you could write a Harvard Business review about their transparency and innovation. Yes, you have found a true workers paradise!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You forgot about the anal penetration.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't know why everyone is so worried about not giving info like this on this site. Who cares if it's a potential employee or recruiting looking to know. As a former employee, I will be glad to share the news.

PTO-depends on prior work history. I was offered 33 days to start. Typical holidays off and BI gives you a few more than others.

Pension is offered and fully vested after 5yrs.

Company match dollar for dollar.

Don't pay for company car-great perk as other companies take amount out of each paycheck.

Hope this helps!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PTO, all vacation and sick leave comes out of it. In the majority of states, if there is a cut, you only are paid on two weeks vacation.
    401 K match is $1 for $1 to $3, .50 to $6.
    Pay increases do not match the cost of living.
    There is no monthly fee for company car use, so add $200.00 to your income.
    Company loyalty to high performers? Zero

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What did the Italian girl say when she lost her virginity in the back of a rental car?

....it's A Hertz....

Our new preferred rental car agency.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn't worry about vacation. My partner is on vacation basically every day for 5 years. She never works collects a paycheck.....I keep my mouth shut. It will be funny to see how long it takes for anyone to find out.

So yeah, take the position learn the territory and then vacation your way though this company. So easy!!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually....

"The Company makes a matching contribution to your plan equal to 100% of the first 5% of eligible compensation you save each pay period.

So, for every dollar you save in the plan (up to 5% of pay), the Company adds an additional $1 to your account."

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The benefits and PTO are good. Depending on your position, the salary is good too (varies greatly). The company was once GREAT! The new GTM model is aweful and there are constant changes to every aspect of the business!! You will never feel like you are good at anything, because you can't do it long enough to measure or perfect it. I say stay away until (if ever) BI gets their shit together.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BI does not shut down at Christmas/NY so you have to use your PTO if you want that time off. A lot of people have spouses and kids on break at that time. BI has about 2 holidays or so around that time. Other similar companies shut down for a week at the holidays (merck, amgen, lilly etc.) My former boss said that was part of why she left and recruited others to leave. She said that it amounted to one week less PTO annually. Maybe this is because BI is private?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I fuckin hate this company

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vacation is for pikers
    Car- well, its got four tires and windshield wipers may come with a towel to clean your tears from the rear view mirror
    Pay- mediocre like the turds left managing this circus
    Managers - go out and make calls on supposed key accounts
    Take the job if your options are limited plan to keep interviewing
    No culture and this place is a hollow shell of a once great company. The RBD and interviewing you is likely a cross eyed vulture who doesn't really have a clue

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i could not agree more. Fuck BI. It's a shithole.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish my HSBM would call on accounts. Maybe then he would realize that what he asks us to do will earn us a request to leave the office from the health care providers.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree about giving info. I don't care if it's to a potential hire or recruiter seeking info. I don't work for the FBI and it's not top secret info. The above poster is spot on with PTO and time-off.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, the pension was discontinued in 2015. If you're in it already it will still grow over time but not adding any new ppl to it.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This. New hires no long get a pension. It's a good place to work, but only metabolic and IPF are in good states now a days. Respiratory and cardio are ghost towns. The products in those areas are going off patent soon and nothing to replace them.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No pension for new hires? Just when I thought I found a perk with this company!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL