Benefits working for Intuitive as a CSR?

Discussion in 'Intuitive Surgical' started by anonymous, May 15, 2018 at 11:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sent my application and got a call for an interview. Any advice?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone shed some light on this position? Avg total comp for a major city? Work/Life Balance? opp to advance to capital rep? Management type?

Thank you

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

also looking for some insight before I take the time to do the face to face and all of that. What does comp look like? Any kind of car package? Please no bullshit answers

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was recently told by recruiter $75k + $100k, car allowance, "you work your ass off"

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes,us viewers want to know this. Your non answers give us the impression that you are lying. We viewers have no interest in your gay stories, so why even bring it up. Tell us viewers why you have spent 9 years lying and running up a view count.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not even sure what the above is supposed to mean, I'm not the OP, I spoke to a recruiter last week about the CSR role and thought I'd share what I was told.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have no interest, then please explain why you even view at all?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s training for this position?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahah very low.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the car allowance?
    What is the culture like now? Heard it has improved? How many hours per day? It’s not that I am afraid to work hard just want some details

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have to ask about hrs. per day in this role, you have no business even considering such a role.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really why can no one just give some real scoop

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The scoop is this job is poop

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What its like to be a CSR (from a former long time csr)... (some things are dependent on what part of the country you live in, who your VP/Director/CSM is).
    1. The training process has gotten shorter due to covid and there isnt near as long of a stay away from home. It's gone from months to a couple weeks if that. That being said, many new hires are coming out vastly unprepared and the csms dont want to take the time to train them right. When that happens, they either stick the new hire with another CTA/CSR that will end up working wild hours just to train someone or plant the new hire in GYN / URO cases until someone remembers they're there to help with a saturday in service.
    2. They tell you it will take you about 2 years in each position to get another promotion... completely untrue and inconsistent. You could be an associate or regular CSR doing the same work (most of the time MORE) as Execs and getting paid less than half for 4 years or 6 months all for a manager that has never held a bag to tell you your promotion isnt in the budget. be prepared.
    3. Prepare for the job to be your life for a long time. most manager/surgeons/care teams call at all hours. surgery lasts long. you'll be covering weekend and night in services, training or cases.
    4. Budget has gone down so gone are the days of nice dinners/hotels. Better not have more than one drink with your surgeon and no dessert because its only $100 with tax and tip included per person.
    5. CTA/CSR is the hardest you will work at this company. Any SSM/BSM is essentially aligning themselves with a hardworking CSRs account and never actually stepping foot in the building, you will be doing all the capital selling and just telling your ASM when its time to write a contract (or getting last minute invited to capital rips for your useless asm to tell you all the things THEY should have been doing all along are your responsibility in front of directors), you will be doing C-suite meetings /surgeon meetings/staff meetings/marketing meetings alone unless your csm decides to show up to write a cotravel report. many manager positions will "work remotely" from a vacation or outside the territory and don't go into the field. Some times better that way because they are so out of touch with surgeons.
    6. There are very few managers here who have actually done the job or do the job at a high level, and the reps that wait around for someone to tell them that they've hit all the "pillars of promotion" to be a manager that no outside hire ever hit will be pissed. Why? The pay is usually that of anyone else's standard "rep" because anywhere else will pay more. Forget about your TAP plan mattering. It doesnt. Your only chance is being good at the politics. Many people take credit for things they didnt do behind closed doors OR get set up in greenfields where anyone with a pulse could be rep of the year.
    7. While you've been learning every aspect of 4 robots and all advanced tech and working in every function/clinical specialty with advanced clinical knowledge (sometimes more than the surgeons)... your hernia rep slinging mesh or conmed rep with airseal or trumph bed rep that you sell for them is making more $$$$$. oof.
    On the plus side, after a couple years you will start interviewing outside and people will say "yall are the hardest working reps out there and have covered just about every aspect a medicine, your interview skills and selling skills are amazing... I cant believe ISI will let you go! we'd love to have you!!" All while your ISI director tells you to stfu every time you want to interview for an ISI role. Interviews at intuitive consist of "how bad can the managers make you feel before they bully you into an area or position you didnt want?". Standard policy is also "noone gets hired for the job they've been preparing for. you must be turned down once or twice for no real reason other than being humbled before landing a promotion." cheers.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

God damn this is the best reply I've ever seen on CafePharma...

I wish I could take you to a lunch for this but we are anons

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell us you need a friend without telling us you need a friend. Who says anons? Is that like some special CP code for meet in the bathroom stall in 5?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ttbm is working stall #4 tomorrow morning at HQ.