Best Arthrex Distributor?

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only person would say Peerless is Philip Bowman, the owner. His current and past staff can’t stand him.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The answer to this intriguing question is…..None! The agencies themselves aren’t the problem. The guys I work with , great guys! The managers, territory leads, dex mgr’s, regional mgr’s , Arthroplasty mgr’s VP of Sales, Agency Owners,I’ll even throw in some of the surgeons, basically anyone who has a position of authority, ruins this company and the industry. If Reinhold can take his head out of his ass for a moment and talk to not the aforementioned but the boots on the ground, the reps, the ones who really do make this conglomerate work he would hear a much different story. The current model and compensation structure suck and this job is difficult enough without some assholes telling you to be #Arthrex Proud and drink the preverbal cool aid. Not to mention you got everyone up your fucking ass each and every damn day. Now they want to push trauma it never fucking ends. Arthrex are greedy corporate pigs! And the agencies are an extension of that. If you don’t agree or go against the grain your labeled an outcast or a problem employee. Then when compensation time rolls around you literally have to beg , borrower and steal to get a fair shake and some additional income. I’m burned out from this business. I wish I never got into this racket this job have taken years off my life and now I’ve been doing it for so long it’s like where the fuck am I gonna go! I’m 41, I can’t hit the reset button on my career but I got to get out there and find something different. To all you young’s kids who are out of college don’t be me 20 yrs from now. I was to lazy and to much of a pussy to jump to a new career path. I now have essentially let Arthrex use me up , I made some money don’t get me wrong but now that’s all gone. They monitoring everything we do. Gone are the days of doing a bunch of cases in the morning and strolling into the country club playing 9 holes with one of my surgeons , smoking a joint on the green and grabbing a steak at Ruth Chris. No more expensing any of that number one, number two I have to account for my time now which I never had to and last but not least I’m not making the money I used to make yet I’m doing the same if not more business than I did in previous years. The point to all this is the golden days (era) are gone. What’s left of me is this broken down, jaded, angry , frustrated, cynical son of a bitch. I hate my job but I was to chicken shit to leave. I got comfortable, I was able to hideout make my own schedule do things on my terms and on my time. That was very appealing back then but I lost sight of the oldest trick in the book; what’s that you may ask?? All good things come to an end wether we want to admit to ourselves or not. So to answer your question they are all bad , nothing good here to see fellas just what’s left of a washed up 40 something year old. To the kids reading this smarten up or this may be you one day 20years from now typing a post just like this one. My time is up curtains closing boys, where we headed it’s to late to go out , just wanna go home momma just wanna go home.. tired baby just tired.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

jeezus... STFU !

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are people such pieces of shit?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone interviewed at Gotham Surgical recently? Had an odd experience with the VP and Sales Manager if I’m saying that right. It was two guys interviewing me. I’m a female btw and felt put off by the whole situation.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought that I was the only one. One of the interviewers kept saying to me “balls as smooth as eggs!” Total cringe and sus!!!!!!!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is what I will say about the “culture” @ Gotham. If they were a Fortune 500 entity with a real Human Resources group and an Ombudsman the whole distributorship would be fired and they would be cancelled . It’s amazing in 2021 that I have seen and heard the following types language, offensive , derogatory, inflammatory, racist, gender discrimination . The list goes on. Now I’m not someone who hasn’t said comments that may be taken the wrong way. Here is the difference: they were said when I was 20 and not in front of someone I knew can take offense. Doesn’t make it write but the point in making is we are all human and have said comments we wish we can walk back. That’s not the case here. There is a systemic , deep rooted problem. I have heard such offensive comments made towards women that I’m literally left speechless. So to hear this young girls experience above is not shocking in the least. Look at the bright side if you already feel a type of way about this company then stop right there and look for another company to work for. Trust me when I tell you run the other way. You were blessed to see this at the onset as opposed to investing your time and energies into this job and witness or personal experience what a lot of us wish we had not.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gotham/Peerless- pick your poison. Yes they both suck.

yes the ones that run them make a shit load of money off the sweat and blood or their
    Reps

yes they make all the money

no you WILL NEVER make more than 120k maybe and I say maybe 150k of you been there 10 years and fought with everything you had to convince them to pay you

yes you will be asked to sell and cover trauma.

yes the VP of sales will play favorites and only pick the chosen few to be in his inner circle

yes the Owners are non existent and send out holiday and end of year emails “rallying” the team.

Yes you will be treated like shit from territory leads

yes no matter what you do you won’t be given a fair shake.

no they will never pay you what your worth

No you can’t take long vacation that’s reserved for the VP of sales and mangers. Only they get to spend quality time with their families, put theirs kids on the bus, wake up at 7am and stroll in at 9 only to go workout at 1pm then call it a day by 5, go to the beach , go fishing , this one is big play golf or attend the annual outing, go to EOY or Xmas party! How dare you think the parties for you! Whose gonna cover those late cases ??! Can’t have the managers or VP’s or agency owners doing that now come on. Leave early on a day where there are no more cases you fucking nuts? Go get that saw bone and bust up in a Docs office and shows them a knotless fibertak cause that’s the shit we hawking now . Fucking sham , fuck all you assholes that get to sit home while we in those OR’s till all hours of the day and night. Don’t get to comfortable cause the lid is getting blown and the lights will be shined on all you assholes…This whole industry is a fucking pyramid scheme . Don’t allow them to fuck you.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn! That’s some harsh criticism… however 100% real truth right there. I left the Med Device business awhile back. Worked for Arthrex corporate and it’s distributorship for years. Things were a lot different when I got in, however it has changed dramatically over the last 5yrs. Good place to learn bad place to stay long term.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone here have any dealing with Gotham Surgical? Specifically the I&R managers , I’m dealing with a situation with the clown who runs the Long Island region.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are agency owners typically making these days??? Anyone know the averages?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best distributor?

Follow the insane amount of turnover and you’ll know who to avoid.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One can spot "Owners" a mile away. Most (Not all) have the following characteristics.. Shaved or Slicked back hair, 6'0 or taller, Loudest personality in the room, uniform plaid blue sport coat and Ferragamo shoes/belt to match. None of these traits have anything to do with running an agency and being successful. Arthrex always looks for the same character which I will never understand.

Most of these individuals also have a few favorites as mentioned above with a few TM's. These are the TM's who get the "hall pass" on lost inventory, paying for ASR, special commission plan, skipping meetings, etc.. Most of the time these are not the best reps in the Agency and only causes friction with everyone else.

Take the Agency model away and this place could be really good. Trust me Ive seen it all from working in California.