Best Covidien Division?

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking at Covidien on these threads and reading some bad things about the Imaging sector of Covidien, which would you consider the best division to look at? Ive heard good things about the Vascular side. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SharpSafety

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vascular is by far

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vascular? Good one. Valleylab by a mile. Get back to schlepping those TED hose now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) Valleylab
    2) USSC (old-school madhouse, though)
    3) Mallinkrodt
    4) Kendall

Kendall has the lowest tech products, but most of Covidien's upper management came from Kendall (especially Vascular). Lets you sycophantically climb the career ladder if you play your cards right and, if you're in "the circle of trust," many shenanigans go by the wayside. Boring products, though.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vascular

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can you elaborate on old school mad house for USSC division, this is the division i am looking at. any help would be great, thanks in advance

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

US Surgical and/or Valleylabs definitely the best from a resume/career standpoint and from a current product/compensation view. Have to train on operperating on Dogs and Pigs though !!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is Mallinckrodt the Nuclear Medicine division?? I think there is an opportunity open in my area for that. If its not great, then what is the next logical career progression from that division?? Imaging?? Any cath lab exposure?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the Respiratory division?? The Puritan Bennet Ventilator side of things. Is that a good division to work in?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its hard to disagree with these rankings, but I get a chuckle out of reading low tech products. I have been selling Kendall's low tech products for nine years and I can assure you if a USS rep lived my life for a year they wouldnt ever go back to wearing scrubs and sucking docs off. I'd also be willing to wager in a five year period, the successful low tech Kendall reps make within $5k of the USS counterpart.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dude get a grip. low tech meaning diapers? dressings? That is an awesome career path seeling on price, price and price. I speak with docs about actual clinical iformation which means I matter when I go to work. Enjot selling to those deadbeats

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I'm sure those docs couldn't hanle the case without you and your clinical ability. Give me a break. All you douchbags are the same . If you want to play doctor go to med school or find a chick. And not to be a dick, but you don't matter. If you got canned, or left, they would simply backfill you and life goes on. And yes, same goes for me.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Covidien use personality tests/profiles? (Calliper, etc?)
    Any insight? I hear that can make or break the final step on a new hire...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks to kendall, all covidien now uses a test called a ddi assessment

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked @ Kendall Alternate Site about 5 years ago. It was awesome. Now in the CVOR (Selling to Thoracic Docs, Vascular and I.C). You can make all the comments you want about selling diapers, that job was great. I left only because I was getting tired of the job. I never made less than $100K(was there for 5 years), my top year was $168 (Thanks to Protective Underwear SPIFF). I wanted to sell in the OR and went to a "top" company only to find out that while I was wearing scrubs and being cool, I was making LESS money than I did @ Kendall! Quickly left that job and found a new gig. Now I get to wear scrubs and actually make money:) I have to agree with the post about Vascular not being "THE" place to be. Come on. If you work for Covidien/Tyco you are not going to break anyones bank. Great company to work for, great benefits, good people.

I am in a different place now but always look back @ my Kendall days and think what a good time it was.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What can everybody tell me about the nellcor line at covidien? I am interviewing for the position and would like the everybodies opinion? is it good line? What type of money realistic can be made? ETC....... thanks a lot

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nellcor is best-in-class. I just have to wonder how capital sales are going in the hospitals in this marketplace. Good company!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thank you very much,

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

jury is still out it seems