Best division of ethicon

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um yeah. The question was what are the best divisions of Ethicon and this person listed them 1-4.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the csr role? Is the hernia role better than the csr position?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts on EES full line?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I thought "PriCara was the place to be". I guess they feed that happy horse shit line to all the operating companies.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hernia Solutions Rep much better than CSR as far as income goes (average 170 vs 120). You have be able to sell and sell immediately out of the gate as this company only pays on growth, so know your territory before you sign on. Great products though with a solid pipeline. Surgeons who believe in this technology will never go back!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was your previous job prior to EWHU? What is the pay structure like?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ASP is by far the best spot and it is not even close.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ethicon Pharma/EWHU is best. We have so many new products, Drs. Love us. just need to practice my role plays before I detail my customers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only take the job if you are un-employed! I would say in normal times to take the job for your resume (J&J Med Device) but this division will end this year. Best bet if it is sold, everybody knows now they will not make it. Managers that tell you otherwise are telling you lies, and they will also be out of work soon. Come back to this post in June, and see if I was wrong!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you referring to hernia or ethicon in general?

Is it true that ewhu is the worst division within ethicon?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This poster either does not work for Ethicon or is in training and still believes the BS. the avg 170 HSR vs 120 CSR is BS. Hernia's average in 2009 was 120K. They changed plan to 170. That does not and never did constitute average income. I would love to have them tell us what average is but an HSR Manager told me 120K. As a matter of fact ask any HSR (Hernia Solutions Rep). They will laugh in your face if you bring up 170K plan number. They did start getting paid on all sales not just growt (which is well deserved in this space). Securestrap which is a large portion of the HSR plan is still on backorder. I'll bet 120K is right on for HSR average in 2011.

CSR plan is 125K. So they are told. This is the first year in my knowledge that the number is not actully written anywhere in the plan. Calculations of the plan when CSR's do their own calculation comes to 100K. That's not commission, that's total comp. They are also affected by the Securestrap recall and every pay category was decreased for 2011. There was not one positive to come from the new plan. I'll guess the average to be 80-90K total comp for CSR's.

With that more realistic comp in mind, yes HSR is the way to go if you have a gun to your head and have to take one of the two.

To answer OP, 1 Acclarent, 2 Mentor, 3 Biosurgery, 4-5 Womens Health, 4-5 Hernia, 6 Suture

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where does EES land as far as the rankings go?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is possible and done quite often. You have to be in your current position 18months with a good track record though.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't rank EES. It's a different company than Ethicon Inc. I would rank it with Biosurgery. Acclarent and Mentor clearly the best pay with a realistic 200K achievable plan (so I hear). Biosurgery is an area wher JnJ is pumping cash because there's a lot of growth opportunity in that space. I think it's 150ish and a realistic plan, the reps like it there. EES Energy and Full Line reps have solid base pay (75K, 85K, 105K at 1,3,5 yrs) reps in my area make 135-185K total comp. Hernia is a tough space that's saturated. No one know's where the 170K plan comes from since no one makes that, 120K average. Don't know enough about Women's Health but the reps complain that products are too old for the forecast increase in 2011. Suture is 120K or 100K plan depending on if you calculate the plan (100k) or believe what they say plan is but are unwilling to put in writing (120k). But 80 -100 is realistic for 2011.

But in general Ethicon pays on growth and it is very territory dependant. I have seen outstanding reps come and go because the territory didn't have the room for great comp and I've seen one of the worst reps in the nation win rep of the year because JnJ gave price to win a huge system contract. That rep had nothing to do with the win.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually-acclarent has you beat sweetie...that's ethicon's lil darling until they run it into the ground like everything else they take over---like mentor. You must be new.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does not really matter . The objective is to work as little as possible and make as much as you can .
    The mother ship will dictate how much you get paid. ever wonder why we get our numbers so late in the year and then the all important adjustment .
    The big money days are gone . at EES you once could make 18% over forecast .
    It really does not matter which operating companay you work for , we are all middle of the road at best in terms of benchmarking other companies.
    We do not get paid on dollar 1 sales, others do , how many buckets do you have , and of course we get zero for maintaining .
    So who cares which company none of us make big money .
    There are reps from other companies , and Independent reps who pay more in taxes than I earned last year. How much you ask , maxed out 401k pre and post , savings bonds, etc.
    Total gross was 185...
    Not complaining just realist... So shut up and sell .... So my 10,000 shares jnj stock in my 401k keeps paying the great %

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very Stepford of you. Glad you are happy just being average.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahah so true, reps are average, products are average, pay is average

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For a long time this was considered the pharma company of the medical device industry. Most people never had to work if there was a contract with sutures. You went through a rigorous training program to come out and stare at some surgeon stick a trocar in correctly or use the harmonic for hours...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The managers are extremely unimpressive.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Products is definitely the best division!