BEWARE of aureon lab bills

Discussion in 'Aureon Labs' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My husband had prostate cancer surgery last July, 2011. Last week we received a bill for $3200.00 from a collection agency, Universal Fidelity, out of Houston TX. They are claiming, testing for my husband was done at Aureon labs. After numerous calls to his Doctor and hospital that did his surgery, we find out that none of his lab work was done at this lab!!They had their own labs, nothing was ever sent out. After speaking to Amber, from universal fidelity collection agency(who, by the way was rude, and tried to intimidate me) we decided to call our insurance provider. They said all our lab bills have been paid in full and there was never any testing done at aureon labs. Our health care provider in turn is investigating and has
    turned the matter over to their fraud and abuse line!! We think some how medical records have been stolen. So, please BEWARE, this is some kind of scam!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably some sleazebag from yonkers, NY went Dumpster diving!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you check with the office of the doctor who did the biopsy? We couldn't find where this bill came from but then we found out that the original urologist sent it out even though my husband had moved on to a different practice for surgery.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check the thread above this one called "Is Aureon Closed For Good." Read both pages of the thread all the way to the end.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We did check with both doctors. Never was aureon labs used with any of my husbands procedures. We sent the collection co. a certified registered cease and desist letter. Our health care provider did extensive research into this matter. Aureon labs were absolutely and positively never used! All my husbands lab and medical bills were paid in full, and, as the collection co. told us, our health care provider was billed and never paid the bill. This was a blatant, outright lie!! Our health care insurance provider also sent a cease and desist letter, through their attorneys. I hope this is the end of the whole matter. Our insurance provider said we wern't the first ones that this has happened to. How they got medical my husbands records is still a mystery. I just want to warn people, BEWARE!!