BIGGEST LOOSER

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a number of things that I have a problem with at Kowa and I'm sure you do too. What is or who is the Biggest Looser at Kowa? My first selection is the IC program. Why does Kowa insist on rewarding low performers. If my quota is 400 scripts and your quota is 100 scripts and lets say I get 100 NRx's I'm at 25% of quota; however, if the other person who has a 100 script quota gets half my scripts (50) they are at 50% of quota and they get recognition and a larger bonus. Who is generating more business for Kowa? My reward for bringing in more scripts is a higher quota and little to no bonus???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are!! Where did you learn to spell?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, newbie, don't you know that goals are set based on potential for business - not on absolute sales?

Your 100 Rxes may equal a 1% market share while another's 100 Rxes equates to a 5% market share. Clearly the 5% territory is doing much better than yours.

Another way of thinking about it is comparing a large metropolitan territory to a rural territory. You can't expect the rural rep to match Rx to Rx with the big city rep.

Its all about share of market - NOT absolute Rxes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this person is equating it to revenue. Let's say he brings in 400 scripts which is....$10k in revenue then he is producing more than the guy who brings in $2k. From a revenue standpoint he brings in more thus he should be paid more. However it is not revenue based and he feels he deserves a bigger bonus. Almost all pharmaceutical jobs are based on growth.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

of course the OP was referring to revenue generated....duh!

However, when an IC program is set up it has to be fair.
    Since not all territories are created equally in terms of potential, market share rather than absolute Rxes (revenue) is put into play. That makes it as fair as it can be.

Clearly, the OP has not been in this industry long or he/she never would have made the comment to begin with. Or, he/she is so stupid as to not understand how this industry works.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, who was the BIG gun who got BIG time drunk at the BIG meeting?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHO??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be afraid to make a mistake, but make sure you don't make the same mistake twice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This message board for Kowa is pretty boring. Do all you people lead equally boring personal lives?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is nothing going on here, move along to another board if you want excitement

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to see you've checked in to monitor the mind numbing mediocrity.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP may be a newbie but he/she knows more than you do. Kowa IC/goals has nothing to do with share of market or metro vs rural. It has everything to do with how you performed last quarter. If you are in a metro area with big potential and you sell 100 scripts your goal is to get 100 plus (stretch goal). If you are in a rural are with less potential and you sell 100 scripts your goal is to get 100 plus (stretch goal) no difference. You must be from big pharma where they actually looked at more than monthly sales history. It will even be worse now with a monthly bonus.
    Now lets assume you work in an metro area with a lot of potential and you only get 50 scripts, your goal is to get let's say 60 scripts to make goal. If you work an area with less potential and you get 100 scripts, you are expected to get 120 scripts to meet your goal next quarter (even though your area has less potential). Newbie was right, it is all about absolute sales. Most companies look at potential, market share, and history etc. but not us. If you don't believe me look at your own District.....who has the highest quota? Is it the person in the territory with the largest potential?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares if the OP "mispilled" a word. Maybe they "ment" LOOOSER. Someone with nothing to do but put others down, this could have been an interesting thread but we have the "gramur" police out there. Another Loooooooser.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just an indication of the level of intelligence/eduction found in the Kowa sales force.

How would you feel if they sent you out with a misspelling on a sales brochure??
    Oh, that's right...you wouldn't even realize that a word was misspelled.

Go back to your fry-o-lator jobs - where spelling doesn't matter.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

typo = education, caught and admitted to by OP.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get over yourself. This is not a PI or a sales brochure, it is just a blog where people use "words" like fry-o-lator, use "...", use double "??" or even stupid face icons. No need to reply or get your panties in a twist, this is the last time I even waste another minute on Cafe Pharma. I found my Biggest LOOOOSER...U.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who got drunk at the meeting out West????

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny, his initials were posted on here a couple of weeks ago. He must be trolling this sight out of embarassment looking for any hint of a finger pointing his way.

It was the same person who took alot of blame on this site for Q4 bonuses being withheld. Same person. Ha ha.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know........the same person who insists on ending EVERY email with a string of letters, .........like we all know what the hell all those are supposed to mean!!!! Oh wait, every, manager is now copying that little idea to impress him! GEEZ!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BH