Bill Humphries needs to go away

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, thanks for the adult convo. I am new at this and have been researching the field, and am quite interested in stats, pharma companies, the stock market, etc.
    I don't understand why they would give this man over half a billion dollars for something that has no word of mouth ( I am a woman, so W.O.M. is everything......kind of like if there was a bar with hot Russian broads giving out blowjobs, that would get around...well the same goes for beauty products). So, was he fired because the numbers were not coming in, or did he quit, because he wasn't getting the bonus because the numbers were not coming in? Does that make sense? Ultherapy is a disaster, and Neocutis, well, I do not know how much they spent, but their are thousands of options with skin creams and they did not put the money into the marketing as they did ulthera. Now, Valeant? He downgraded from CEO of Merz, and they were in some hot soup right? Did anyone see, "DIrty Money?' I belive they are changing the name to the eye company. Does this guy have some magical charisma to be attaining these massive high paying positions, and gambling with other people's money? There HAS to be something redeeming about him for him to be such an epic failure as a business man, and who is someone with no progressive vision in aesthetics, yet he still gets hired? Also, he graduated from Pepperdine. I am not sure if anyone is familiar with that University, but it is for rich kids, and it's in Malibu, and they have actual maids that clean your dorm. Was Bill from a wealthy family and just bled into these positions due to his familial circumstances? Also, how will Merz recver from the Ulthera hit and what do you think those numbers look like? Do you think that Bob R. is making some moves to compensate? I am thinking of applying to a high profile pharm company in N.Y., but I also have trepidations. I am switching careers and am trying to research as much as possible, so I don't have to start at the VERY bottom, as I have decent credentials. I just need to know as much as possible about the ins and outs. So to break it down...how does one with a crap education, and terrible visio, get to RUN these massive corporations? That's the inside scoop I am looking for. If he can do it, I certainly can do it. Thanks guys. xoxo

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seems that you guys are all in sales, and working under incompetent "leaders." Do you have an opportunity at the firm ( now I am confused if you are still with Bill, or if you are still at Merz?), to give your input, as in, switch from sales to being able to implement ideas if you have a lead on a 'hot' product/company, which you see has potential to be successful? Is there room for that where you are? In other words, can you pull a "Working Girl,' and get your IDEAS to the top people if you want to switch gears, or does that seem like an impossibility? Like a "glass ceiling" situation, and that is why there is so much frustration at work/on this board. Thank you for your answers.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Firm?? You obviously never worked in Pharma! Is this Andrew Left fishing for dirt? GTFOOH!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, you're some hollywood scumbag trying to get a "scoop" and crawled out of your gutter and you came to a gossip board to get info! You are a worthless troll. GFY

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had the displeasure of working with Bill at Merz. A self entitled, arrogant and incompetent loser who always knows everything better. He will fire anyone who may be a threat.

I can echo everything in this post. Humphries managed the Germans with empty promises, always finding excuses as to why he did not deliver. To survive he got the uber naive Germans to acquire Ulthera. Huge mistake. When he felt the rope around his neck tightening (not sure why the Germans watched the comedy show for so long) he joined Valeant.
    History is now repeating itself again as he destroys another business. Bill is the most hated person in the derm and aesthetic industries. Hopefully his career will come to an end soon before he leaves another trail of destruction

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look, there are no magical ideas to “fix” this company. Unless someone has ideas on how to change the entire insurance business, or come up with a product without a generic equivalent, it’s too big of a problem. Payers are simply finished with paying massive premiums for minimally differentiated topical products. End of story. Putting two generic products into a single tube isn’t cutting it anymore. There has to be real innovation, not what’s been happening in Derm for the past 20 years. Offices won’t do PA’s for anything other than life altering biologics; they’re not wasting their time on me-too’s. So everyone can bash BH all they want, and some of it is likely accurate, but the demise of the derm division (and almost every other name brand me-too derm company) is inevitable. It’s just a matter of time. The fact that JoePa hasn’t figured this out yet is the only shocking news.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of putting two generics in a tube — have u seen Bausch’s OD pipeline? More branded generics to come. No innovation. Pimcrolimus lotion, tazarotene lotion, tretinoin/benzoyl peroxide combo.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The blame game:
    *Unless someone has ideas on how to change the entire insurance business,
    *Offices won’t do PA’s for anything
    *me-too’s.
    So let's just all lay down and give Bill another pass.

The fact of the matter is BH is a horrible example of leadership. The reality is Joe's mistake was not doing his homework and hiring Bill.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Working girls are not welcomed here. Working girls are fired or resign because they are not part of the Merz men's club.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear Galderma is doing well in Derm. How come they are successful?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gotta be kidding. Galderma is not doing well.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% agree! Sexist attitude. Women with brains are a threat. Personally experienced it

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the fuck is this post? You wasted a lot of time doing a lot of pointless research. Want answers? Call BH himself cause you aren't going to find any truth about any one on a fucking gossip site. That's all this is a pharma gossip website like a rumor mill for people to complain and waste time.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the prompt replies. How much do think the CEO's make a year? ( Bill H., and now Bob R?) Is there a base salary and then bonuses on top of it, depending on the annual sales? I have researched most of the other companies, and that information is easy to find, since the companies are public, but this one is not.

Does anyone know how many private investors there are who split the profits? Are we talking dozens, hundreds, thousands? There is literally no information about this on line. I am curious if anyone has that information? Is this information considered confidential? Other companies have all of their stats on line, as they are public.
    It seems like they like to keep their information uber private, which piqued my curiosity.

I find it interesting that a company who caters to women's aesthetics, would not be interested in hiring more women to get the inside scoop on what products women want. ( Maybe I have watched too many eps of "Mad Men.") Perhaps they would be more respected and successful if they were to hire more female's?

Another question, does anyone know the male to female ratio of employees at Merz, Germany and the US?

The only product that I love from them is "Boletero," which is a filler. Ultherapy is a bust, and Radiesse wears off in a week or two, and Neocutis is okay, but there are way too many options out there.

Do you know if they thought about expanding their "Filler" market? Allergan has all the goodies for women's aesthetics.

I would like to work for a company where I could bring ideas to the table about which products/companies are going o be super successful with women, and from what it looks like, Merz hires men only? Who make bad aesthetic choices on for tons of money, which is confusing. Don't they want to be on the level with Allergan?

There are so many delicious beauty products on the market that have not been bought up yet. Why do men feel like they know better in this area? I consider myself a "beauty expert,' so I am trying to figure out, how that guy got hired, only to sell products to women that are harmful, or aesthetically unpleasing to the eye, or that don't work.

I am looking to work in that area. (sorry for the loooonnnnnggggg thread and thank you for your information.)

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK, let’s take a time machine and go back to that fateful day when JP hired BH. Instead he hires someone else, perhaps someone with your insight and acumen. What does that person do differently and what does the company look like now?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There have been too many HR problems stemming from the VP of sales. The last thing SK will allow is a woman in a top leadership role. We have seen it in SD and just recently in Atlanta.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who do you work for? You're asking a ton of questions, sorta like a jerk off reporter going on a fishing expedition. GFY!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please leave this shit off the threads. You aren’t going to get the information you’re looking for. It’s either going to be irrelevant or fabricated. Everyone on this board sees through the whole “I’m doing research to find a job” bullshit.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you doing on this board? Why don’t you ask these questions on the Merz page?