Bio TCP/nanostim

Discussion in 'Biotronik' started by anonymous, Jan 17, 2020 at 2:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumors are out that Bio is developing their version of transcatheter pacer (like nanostim or micra) Any word? Have they started training their folks for it?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hang on... they’re releasing “me too” technology within 10 years after the competition did?? Thats some dang ambition! Next thing you say is they release a basic spinal cord stimulator that is a copycat of what’s already on the market.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hey smart guy, we invented home monitoring. GFY

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know what else you invented? Self explanting loops. Your long antenna? Acts like a spring in the pocket as it creates tension and compresses during implant. Pushes the devices out the top. Seen it first hand.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that's just bad implant technique

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

go check Maude. Expulsion from the pocket is about 75% of the events. Infection the other. The infection could just be a misclassifacation of expulsion. I’m telling you it’s a design issue. But then again implanting something 4 inches long..... go ahead. Blame the doctors.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BTK has had a leadless pacer on the R&D bench for years.... As Max has stated, 'It is in the drawer for now.' They have also had a sub-cutaneous ICD in the 'drawer'. In fact, BTK actually built the first generation S-ICD for Cameron Health. BTK will never jump into the deep on such unproven technology until it is proven and accepted within the market place. They simply can't afford the risk and cost which is $10's of millions to invest in a technology that might not pan out. They have to let the big boys prove its value and acceptance in the marketplace first.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK, they earn one point for that. What other clinically significant technology were they first with?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Auto MRI which everyone wishes they had due to the service burden.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MRI...... Nobody really cares.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronic just released an AV micra. That’s awesome. If Bio ever had one in the works, they should just stop lol

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yup! Exactly! No risk, no reward! He who risks much, wins much! Biotroniks 6-7% market share is right in line with their willingness to risk and actually do something cutting edge and ground breaking. “Oh no! We have several ideas in the drawer but we can’t afford to risk anything. We will let the big boys risk. Oh that WAS a good idea? Crap. Ok let’s push out our idea too! What?!? Saturated market?!? Now what?!? Hmmm. Let’s pay doctors for studies and training cases. See? We’re a player too!”

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish I could post a gif here. It would be Ray Liotta in the Goodfellas scene where he’s laughing at Joe Pesci.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know right.... becasue it's so true!!!!