Biogen Alzheimer's Expansion

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, May 29, 2020 at 12:09 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gezzzzz bro. Y u gotta be so mean. Take a chill pill. I m outty 5,000 idiot.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got my “sorry we went with another candidate” voicemail from a P1 recruiter (not the one I’ve been dealing with) yesterday. I have been strung along and waiting since the first part of June.
    Just thought I’d share for those that have been waiting forever like me!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is very accurate and on-point

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When the BIIB ministry of propaganda pivots on a dime like this, admits this likely is not going to end well and tries to shame you for not being daring enough, as a reaction to post #275, you know which side is being sober and truthful and which side is blowing smoke

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure why you’re here then. Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind. We’ll probably be ok without you. And, I’m pretty sure no one shamed you for not being ‘daring’ enough, I think that person just said they, personally, were ok with assuming a bit of risk, as the only downside is finding a new job. Not sure how that’s a referendum on you. If you want safety and security every day, I’m not sure where you’ll find it, but it’s certainly not in pharma.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AD is not depression or some candy ass psych indication. Also you can have negative trials if you also have some positive ones. Biogen has zero positive phase 3 studies. A single positive post hoc analysis, after failing your interim analysis and stopping your trial due to futility, is a laughably low level of evidence.

I mean more power to Biogen for engaging with FDA, but I hope they are being honest with employees regarding chances of approval.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biogen is never honest with its reps. It’s high probability that this new salesforce gets hit with a lay off within its 1st year.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never. Getting. Approved.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're. A. Moron.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As an insider, I can say this weeks news that another Alzheimer’s drug failed was another body blow. Many on the inside now feel this drug has nearly no chance of approval without proof of some sort of efficacy in a Phase 3 study (let alone 2 that is more industry standard). Good luck to all.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like I said early on in this thread. This drug has 0% chance of approval and the MOA / theory of plaque is flawed. Plaque is like a scab...get rid of the scab and you bleed. It’s not the answer and unfortunately hasn’t worked in any trial. They have been looking at drugs like this for almost 20 years and they all fail.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You smucks are bitter losers with no inside scoop. Nobody giving ypu losers any inside scoop on anything accept how to collect your unemployment checks.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dumb ass

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard this Friday - regret taking the gamble on this job, plan on looking for new job starting Monday.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The likelihood of this drug being approved is diminishing by the day.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me love you long time.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There has been so much time, money, and most importantly entire academic/medical research careers that have been dedicated to this amyloid plaque theory, and almost the same with Tau. Their need to continue with this theory is not based on THINKING there is still some hope in it, but rather they're not giving up because they NEED it to be true or work to some extent. Imagine being in your 40's or 50's or 60's and being told your life's work is absolute junk? That is why many in this field keep at it and overhype and chase ghosts in the data for small subsets, or are cheering this on. They cannot let it go, otherwise their research has been rather fruitless. Arrogance and ego keep it alive.

Its going to take some young, risk-taking, go-against the grain type researchers to get people dedicated to the TA to shift off of this theory.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said. There is also quite a bit of money involved. Not only research grants to keep careers alive, but also big pharma. A lot of thought leaders have turned themselves into prostitutes; say anything as long as the checks cash.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m very hopeful the approval happens. Would be incredible for our company and more importantly the patients. But, the chance of approval is zero point zero.. Sad but true

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Perfect line to sum it up. Chasing ghosts in very small data sub-sets.