BioHorizons = Crap

Discussion in 'BioHorizons' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh No Mr. Bill!!!! They may lose Allo-derm and if the Medtronic thing is true goodbye Grafton. Goodbye IPO!!!!!

2. what type of money do the reps make a year here?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will do around 140k, I know others that are higher some alot lower

4. how long ago was that on $ and is it still that kind of money? Do they give you company card? How much for money for car? Do they track you micro manage?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not hard to guess who you are. 50-55k base + 85,000 in commissions which means you did a minimum of 1.2 million in sales. Only 3 people did that last year so which one are you?

Guess you feel like you don't have to work hard when you bill that much. Nice to see one of our top reps surfing this site in the middle of the day.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And 1:13pm isn't the middle of the day? I'm sure you're "working" too, but are you contributing 1.2 million to the bottom line? Seriously Doubt it.

Plus if they are a top rep, then who hell cares what they do or when they do it. They are SALES people. They are hired to sell. All that matter are the results. They are not hired to punch clock.

Sounds like they are doing EXACTLY what you hired them to do! You should be rewarding them, not chastising them! Your management style and attitude sucks. You could learn a thing or 2 from this person. Heck, I would like to learn a thing or 2 from this person. I wish I could sell 1.2 Million of Crap.

Comes down to it, I think your jealous. Your a sad strange little man, and you have my pity.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No BioHorizons rep makes that. Probably exaggerating or covers 6 states.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the commission structure is the same as it was a couple of years ago you can easily make that if you have a decent $ territory. You'd get 7% from dollar one and 20% on anything over 100%. Big time commission $ for the few territories that did over $1 mil.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazingly the Biohorizon reps do make more than your average Nobel, Straumann, etc..... Reps. When I was working in implants, I knew a couple of the Biohorizon reps in the region and was shocked to hear how much they were making in comparison. They were seasoned reps, but still.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That may be true, but how many BioHorizons reps have over $1mil territories? What would be the geography coverage? Their market share is relatively low, and what they charge for an implant is moderate.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I posted that I made 140k and was called out for it being "1:13pm" in the afternoon and didn't come back to the board until now. Ya what the hell is your point? The year is over and again made Presidents Club and Million Dollar Club and made more money than last year.

To answer some questions we do well if you take over or build up a substantial territory. Do not get me wrong for the ones who do 120k+ there are those making 80-90k.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were you the only one that made 140K for them to specifically call you out on this. Furthermore, you could have been on lunch and posted from a Blackberry or IPhone. Piss poor people to call you out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll admit I was at my house doing office work and took a little break to troll the boards, I am really not worried about it. I don't want to post specifics but there were a number of reps that did over a million and made quota. To do really well you need to be in the million dollar range, now some territories are weight more in metal vs regen and regen vs metal. This will vary your overall compensation but I would say if you are at million your doing 100k-120k 1.5 million 150-180 and some hit 200k. BioH commission structure is awesome, monthly paid from dollar one and some SICK quarterly checks when you catch the kickers.

To the idiots about to call bs, the above is dead on and ask any rep that's been around for awhile.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd wager that 95% are closer to 100k than 150-180k. And if reps at this company routinely have a shot at 200k, I'd like to sign up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you stay and develop your territory you can make $200k after a few years. You can definitely make more money at BH than you can at bigger name implant companies. But you are correct, most make much less. They also lowball with salary because of the high commission payouts. Without years of previous implant experience, your base will be less than $50k and in most cases closer to $35k.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the honest advice. It's helpful to see what's out there.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another negative is their car allowance plan. They use Runzheimer. For those that don't know what that is, it's a plan that offers different monthy car allowances and mileage reimbursement depending on where you live and how much you normally drive. It ususally only pays around $250-300 month plus around $.15/mile. Way below industry standards.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We use Runzheimer and it's about $400-500 per month with .15-.19 (depending on gas prices) per month. You can't have a car over 5 years old. I know that each company elects into different levels with them.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BH must have taken the worst plan they have then. I couldn't believe it when we got the numbers. We went from getting paid full IRS rate per mile to $300/month and $.14/mile. Most of us have long windshield time and would drive 750+ miles a week. I went from getting about $400/week, $1,600/month to about $400/month. BRUTAL!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone just accepts it? Where's the revolt? How do they throw that at you with a straight face?