BioMarin Hemophilia

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel sort of like they're stringing people along. Does anyone else feel the same that's been interviewing here?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes.
    How many positions have you heard there filling..
    I heard 24 but then it was said might be two waves of 12

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard the same. Are you attending the Dallas interviews? Have you heard if anyone has been actually extended an offer yet? I heard they were extending offers before Thanksgiving or week after to the first 12.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I attended the Dallas Interviews last week. Was one of 2 candidates for an East Coast territory. After 3 phone interviews I flew to Dallas and interviewed with 6 people. RxSales pros recruiter called me 4 days later and told me I would be hearing from the hiring manager with an offer. 3 hours later she called and said “she made a mistake and no decisions had been made”. Next day manager called and said they hired the other candidate. Not sure how a mistake like that can be made but it was the most incompetent, unprofessional recruiting company and the interview process was dragged out so long. BioMarin should be embarrassed that they chose such an incompetent organization to represent them.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ouch. That’s a rough way to get strung along

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be thankful u don’t want that job anyways

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think I do want this job. My only concern is that a better product comes out in 2 yrs

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you get an offer? Your concern is valid. Pfizer def has a better product. Pfizer (as big pharma as it is) is still a better company. Just do what I'm doing.... accept the offer and then roll over to Pfizer when their product is approved. I don't feel guilty bc this management team is no more genuine.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer product is better? should I turn it down?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No... you should accept it and then try to get on w Pfizer when it's approved.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be careful, most pharma/biotechs are requiring you to sign non competes if you want the job. It usually lasts 1 year after you left that employer.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can break a non-compete. Ask Biomarin. They should know.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what is the coverage, sound s like this product will be expensive versus and old product that probably costs 1/10 in price

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is pretty typical of RxSalesPro. This group is one of the most incompetent recruiting firms I have ever seen. Early on, when I found out that BioMarin had entrusted their hiring efforts to this group, I knew it would be worth passing up on. Sad to see a company with such potential rely on this team.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree about RxSales Pros. One of the worst. The HR rep for the Hemophilia team for Biomarin is also lack luster to say the least. She is downright rude and smug.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was called but I see there are very few spots. Only 24 reps will be hired? And when is the start date? the product will launch when?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you can’t find answers to those questions on your own then you’re not a viable candidate. Truth.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear the salaries here are stupidly high. 170k starting. Any truth to this?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was quoted $160-$170k bass range, $60k bonus, $800 per month car allowance, $50k in RSUs. Hearing different stories as to why they haven’t secured sales team. Was told by RX Sales recruiter that Phase 1 was already hired Fall 2019 and Phase 2 be hired by Mar 15. Anyone hired Phase 1? ???

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth on $170. Big risk should pay a big reward.