BIOMEDIX

Discussion in 'Cardiology' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2007 at 3:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sad that I am no longer a part of the BioMedix team but I have to say that unlike the negative posts I have read, it is clear that the company is growing but in a different direction....billing. I seriously considered going into their billing division especially when they are billing more than twice than what they had forecasted. It would be exciting to be a part of the organization that is taking off. My problem is that I have no desire for or prior experience in billing.

There are still many good people left in the company and I hope that everything continues to be grow. I will use this time to rethink what I want my career to be and hopefully not be on unemployment for long!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ye KOOL AID DRINKER!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hearing that the "best of the best" that survived the 2 slaughters will be gone in a month or so. The odds are higher that Larry, Moe, and Curly will all find other jobs before the BioMedix boat sinks completely.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Headline:
    "Former Bulldog, Seasoned and Accomplished Vascular Device Reps To Now Sell Podiatry Billing! I'm Too Sexy For This Job!!"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has the ship sunk yet?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, how are these guys even keeping the lights on? The billing service can't be bringing in that much, plus they are doing it for DPMs...bottom feeders. They have a skeleton crew of reps not selling because they are too busy looking for jobs. Yet another failed company by "Mr. Wonderful" John Romans. I guess he'll have to find a new wife with a daddy that'll give him his company. I hope the VCs check out these boards before forking any money.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So they plan to sell continued billing services and EMR to podiatrists? First off, this product is a total commodity, competing with 300+ EMRs, including free ones. They have no differentiating factor to the platform. It's overpriced and will lose to Athena every time they get shopped by a bottomfeeder. Secondly, they propose to sell billing and EMR to DPMs...the same guys who are upside down in leases for Biomedix's obsolete, non-reimbursable PADnet vascular equipment? Not a very solid brand anymore in that market.

Biomedix might try to shift the conversation to Tracknet, their reporting software. It's a more refined market and they may be able to make a pitch for bundling EMR, billing and ultrasound reporting. The software itself is total garbage for a vascular lab or even an outpatient testing site. It will need a major overhaul to get on par with even the lowest rung of bottomfeeder products in image management and reporting. They also have zero people who can sell and support this product.

The company is doomed and they are bleeding "talent"...the ride on the gravy train is over.

I will laugh in the faces of those once-smug pricks at the next podiatry show.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it is true Biomedix closed its doors today in Saint Paul and laid off most everyone except a few that are staying behind to help transition the business to the new company who bought the billing division. No severance, no vacation pay, no nothing told to pack up and leave. Very disappointed with Mr. Wonderful John Romans who admitted he made "bad decisions" about the company and it completely tanked. From once a thriving business which was alive and vibrant to the last few days of impending doom for those who were left in the c/s and billing arena. Last week they laid off the remaining sales team and marketing team so we all knew the end was near all because of the CEO of the company who did not know how to run a business and made "bad decisions" that affected everyone's lives including the clients. Do you think Mr. Wonderful feels bad, probably not he still has his wife's daddy!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is indeed a sad day for their clients.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, it is a great day for many of their clients running the practice management software! A group of very competent people are acquiring TRAKnet PM and evolving it into a new cloud-based system that also meets Meaningful Use Stage 2.

Rumor has it that Scott Leum, the podiatrist-programmer who founded MediNotes (Charting Plus) and Leum Software (PodMed) is taking over the development and cutting out the red tape and B.S. that was a hallmark of BioMedix.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a Biomedix client, I was thrown to the wolves by this company; Stephanie Guiliana (wife of John Guiliana, DPM) grossly mishandled my billing account, and then bailed when the Company went under, leaving my account in shambles, and simply hanging up on my patients when they called to inquire about their billing errors.
    This is a huge disservice to their clients.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No worries... Stephanie Guiliana's group will likely still be around with the new company that purchased billing service. Don't expect the billing side to get any better...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah tell that to the client that was texting my significant other begging for help the other night with TRAKnet. They were not happy with not being able to get the support they needed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ever since the top rep - JR left things were never the same.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JR's departure had nothing to do with the downfall of this company. It was simply horribly mismanaged by John Romans. His greed is the culprit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JR was the only one that was selling anything. Ironically, Romans was always trying to cut his top rep's territory year after year. If you were to ask any customer in MD/DC/PA about JR they would tell you how great of a rep he was. Where is JR now?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yah you are right JR. you are the best.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JR was always up somebody's ass at corporate.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JR wasn't the ONLY one selling and most of his deals didn't adhere to proper gaap standards. The overall sales mentality was shady and lead to a majority of the contracts being unprofitable from 2011 on. One of the biggest issues was ML having zero concept of what makes a sale profitable and therefore having an entire sales force with the "you know how much money I make this company" mentality when in reality most deals were a long-term loss.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was always under the impression that JR was a great guy. It pains me to know otherwise.