BIOMEDIX

Discussion in 'Cardiology' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2007 at 3:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an RVT, I have experience using PADnet (purchased by someone more knowledgeable than a vascular tech with 15 years experience) and comparing it to a study done on a Parks FloLab. Also, the tests were verified by correlation CTA. Here are the results:

The patient had severe hip pain, multiple x-rays, PT, etc. Nothing helped, tests were inconclusive. She had kissing stents in her bilateral common iliac arteries and known to have small arteries (Her Aorta is less than 1 inch at bifurcation).

The Dr.'s first thought, do an exercise ABI. At rest, her ABI was 0.74 on the right and 0.82 on the left. She dropped to 0.50 on the right and 0.79 on the left. Of significance, my hospital had just purchased 10 PADnet machines and they were going to be on-site to "train" the vascular techs how to use it. So, the patient received a PADnet test. Results from PADnet- right ABI of 0.89 and left ABI of 1.02.

CTA was ordered for correlation with the vascular lab findings. Results: nearly occluded right common iliac stent with moderate left common iliac stent hyperplasia. Patient was scheduled for OP procedure for re-stenting using larger stents. She is now 6 months post procedure, claudication free and able to golf again.

I am only replying as anonymous since I do not want to register.

P.S. Our 10 PADnet machines are collecting dust since we purchased them in August last year and training was not completed when the layoffs occurred. Now they cannot get any assistance. Hmmmm......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your anger should be directed towards John Romans, Michael Lobinsky, and Aaron Berg.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VascuMinder! What a flamer...

JR

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How has this turd reared its ugly head again? I see they are back at shows, how do they have any credibility anymore? Are there people actually selling for them again, are there any employees?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, John Romans rehired Jason from the east coast

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, how was JR bamboozled into leaving Covidien to come back to that train wreck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the price was right for JR. He is the sales director.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thinking about buying PADnet, rep has been very helpful but not sure with changeover, reimbursement, etc. Is this going to be supported anymore any insight, should I be worried?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jason is a great sales consultant. If you listen to him you will be ok.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jason wasn't the sales rep.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is this POS? Who is responsible for this I am better off talking to a brick wall for support.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jason will take care of you, trust him.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Romans is trying to do round 2 of selling this model and diagnostic equipment. Nothing has changed except the market is more saturated with better products.

The PADnet machine still sucks, the exam and CPT code is still not within scope of practice for podiatrists, and billing & reporting services are a commodity.

Anyone considering this as a break into medical sales should think twice. It will kill your reputation.