Biomet Nano Tapered

Discussion in '3I' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im an O/S in the NYC region. I found my Biomet rep in the office last week rummaging through the implants I have in stock. Mainly of his company it includes Tapered and Straight Nano. When I asked his what he was doing he stated he was sending all the implants with NANO surface back to corporate and swapping them for the old Osseotite surface. He then sampled me an additional 20 Osseotite Implants for the inconvenience and to make up for the cost difference. The cost difference of what he sent back and was sending was probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 so why would he give me around 7k in free implants???

I mean the guy has never been the sharpest knife in the closet but I have to believe it would be related to the 78percent success rate with this implant as opposed to my other systems.

Have any other Docs experienced this odd behavior.

Sincerely

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My apologies for any typos or other errors. I have been drinking since my last patient and did i mention i was an OS in the NYC area???

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because no one from 3i has posted on the new CF boards doesn't mean @ 1 am in the morning you need to try and start shit. Blame it on the A.a..aaa.acohol.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I mean the guy has never been the sharpest knife in the closet"

Are you sure it wasn't someone in 3i management ? That sounds like a pretty accurate description of the whole crew...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

I am one of the three Area Directors with Biomet 3i.

I can assure you absolutely nothing is wrong with any of our implants. We spend millions of dollars bribing speakers that still maintain a shell of a practice to test the integration of our implants for success and speed. Although the few studies we have not "manufactured" through one of our doctors would elude to a dismal performance. We dont believe they accurately depict the majority of failures. Realisticly, true numbers would be much much lower if even the unbiased studies done had utilized any one of our bone grafting products.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GP Here:

I once went on a plant tour of the Biomet 3i manufacturing facility thanks to one of my reps in Florida. Lucky for me it was right before they moved all the manufacturing to China due to a higher concern for profits. Apparently in China its not necessary to examine raw material specs on metals or specs on products dealing in mm.

Nevertheless, I did witness one of the areas dedicated to Nanotite technology. It included 20 of the original cast of Willy Wonkas Umpa Loom-pas hand dipping Osseotite implants in to what one could only assume was fecal matter. This assumption was made because I observed at the start of a shift change a tractor trailer with the words West Palm Beach Highway and Road Division enter the building and unload 10 Port o Johns. The Umpa's stirred in 1000's of implants into the waste and let them remain for precisely 9 min and 37 seconds.

This is what one informed me was the Top secret manufacturing process. One so complex its not even necessary to establish a patent on.

Kudos

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your looking for the sorry integration rate of Nano and Biomet why not spend 1/2 the price or less on MIS or BioHorizons?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word on the street is Biomet 3i dental division is being sold off from the other performing divisions of Biomet to make Biomet stock appear more lucrative when it goes public again.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES this is true! Not only does NANO not help implants integrate faster, it does have a delaminating surface. Dare i say the one we made years ago that... (wait for it) created the same exact issues encountered today!!!

The old saying goes fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Im a sales rep and we have been told to get all of our largest accounts back on board with Osseotite utilizing a "velvet hammer" and discretion. We were then told if anyone asks why they should go back to Osseotite we should just tell them "Although nothing is wrong with NANO its just not performing at the high levels we expected to see and that there isn't a significant difference between the two surfaces. Therefore, in order to save the company money during these difficult times we have decided to limit the additional costs of manufacturing a completely different product line that does relatively the same thing!!!

Can you believe that? I have to walk into these surgeons offices and outright lie to them about the product not failing. Were instructed to throw it back at them if it comes down to it for not changing drills frequently enough or for using cheap bone graft material or not auto cleaving the equipment properly!!! Oh yeah here was the latest we were told to say, "Did you get a new staff member recently maybe she is responsible for not properly disinfecting the equipment". I mean what office doesn't have a new girl in it almost weekly the turnover for staff is extraordinary.

Sad Really Sad

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, your sad. I'm a rep, doing very well. Also, the BS that has been posted is beyond belief, it's bordering comedy. Those who read these post realize its just BS from either competing reps or a rep that may not gotten their way with their manager.....ahum ;-)

3rd party research numbers show that 3i is one of the few implant companies that posted growth. Also, we have a digital solution far superior than Straumman, and where is Nobel, Astra, Zimmer, ID, Neoss, Simpact, or any other garbage player with theirs? Don't sleep boys and girls, 3i has been back. Now start the nay sayers b.s. lines, because call it what it is....BS. Nano tapered works well, Osseotite tapered work well, come back with some new scientific material for your rebuttal. If you don't have one, then it's bs like the rest of these posts.

I'll be back in a few months to read your rebuttals...idiots.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another example of BS. If you were someone that new anything other than the crap you want to position as reality, 3i is the top performing division of Biomet, with growth. The rest of the Ortho world has suffered with 3i. Get a freaking clue...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oops, I meant the rest of the med device world has suffered with Biomet. At least I know when my statements need to be corrected, unlike the rest of the moron's who have nothing better to do and complain. Whaaaa, my 3i guy is saying this, whaaaa, my 3i guys is doing that. Whaaa, 3i sucks.... Whaaa, their implants fail all the time, why are you doing biz with that company.....whaaa, encode is crap.....whaaa whaaa whaaa. Go suck on the tit that raised you this way.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does any of your bs have to do with the facts? Im unbiased here but the original statement does not appear to be about numbers or growth or competitors and what those companies are doing. It seems to specifically do with a poor product that a surgeon has concerns with because lets face it its his but on the line he owns the practice.what competitors are doing

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES this is true! Not only does NANO not help implants integrate faster, it does have a delaminating surface. Dare i say the one we made years ago that... (wait for it) created the same exact issues encountered today!!!

The old saying goes fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Im a sales rep and we have been told to get all of our largest accounts back on board with Osseotite utilizing a "velvet hammer" and discretion. We were then told if anyone asks why they should go back to Osseotite we should just tell them "Although nothing is wrong with NANO its just not performing at the high levels we expected to see and that there isn't a significant difference between the two surfaces. Therefore, in order to save the company money during these difficult times we have decided to limit the additional costs of manufacturing a completely different product line that does relatively the same thing!!!

Can you believe that? I have to walk into these surgeons offices and outright lie to them about the product not failing. Were instructed to throw it back at them if it comes down to it for not changing drills frequently enough or for using cheap bone graft material or not auto cleaving the equipment properly!!! Oh yeah here was the latest we were told to say, "Did you get a new staff member recently maybe she is responsible for not properly disinfecting the equipment". I mean what office doesn't have a new girl in it almost weekly the turnover for staff is extraordinary.

Sad Really Sad

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another example of a competing rep who may be caught in grounds hog day. Come up with something new. Drills were changed 7 years ago. Nano tite is NOT a coating that delaminates, but I'm not going to bother telling you what it is. Bottom line, go ahead and tell the surgeons that is a coating, and they will laugh in their heads at you. By now, even tenured competing reps know its not a coating. As for autoclaving, that's just made up by those looking to defame 3i, but nice try. As for grafting, we all know that if the graft don't take, the implant won't take either. So that is a universal claim for all of us, not just against 3i.

Keep it coming, I love this. I have to come here more often.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are 3i's implants manufactured now? That's what I thought...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont tell me you believe the corporate bullshit that its some "scientific static charge forming a molecule changing bond between the two materials permanently merging the two different substances".

You really are fucking stupid. Did you ever take chemistry?

Why dont you run around a rain storm with a magnet tied to your nads and hook that up to a kite with a fucking key and see how that static charge merges the two surfaces.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If its not a coating how do Osteoclasts remove the Nano surface from the implant structure????????????

I pick things up and I put them down. I pick things up and I put them down. I pick things up and ...

Do yourself a favor and thank God for companies like 3i that hire mentally deficient individuals only so they dont ask too many questions. Have you ever heard of Hitler? Yeah books are bad, real bad stay away.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The surgeons are going to laugh in their heads. The reason you cant inform anyone about the "Nano Coating" is because you have no idea WTF it is or how it takes place not because you cant be bothered explaining it.

Take your Blinders off Sea Biscuit...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(This is going to be good)...

Ok smarty, then since you know very well the chemical composition and bonding of molecular compounds to the nano degree, please enlighten us. Otherwise, shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

People who have no other way to rebutt other than through insults are either insecure, or don't know jack shit. I know this is a blog, and I like to have my fun too, but it gets thin like the Nobel 3.5. Like I mentioned earlier, come at me with scientific proof that nano doesn't work on a discrete level within the osseotite surface. (hint, it's not a coating).

As far as blinders, our clients (notice, not mine) tend to buy from me because of service to their referral base is strong, we communicate well, and our products work. If one of any of these reasons were false, I wouldn't be doing so well. Plus, Encode has been a godsend.

But I like the scare tactics that these other reps use on surgeons, it works well....not!