Biomet Spine

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The number was 23 "released" on Tuesday.

Cervical disc - all design activity stopped a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, it was a pyrolytic carbon coated titanium device that sort of resembled a watermelon seed. During clinical studies they found out that the "watermelon seed" would pop out if there was even a remote hint of a less than absolutely perfectly concave surface on either opposing vertebral body surface. They determined that there was very, very limited application based on its design and as such, abandoned all efforts. There were talks about acquiring a design from third party, but the rumors never materialized into a product.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they are working on a new disc design and hired a manager to run the program. What a laugh! How much more money are they going to waste before they realize they cannot produce anything but semi functional "me-too" device. On top of that, I heard the manager was an idiot and manages no one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One could say there are lots of idiots at Biomet Spine, Kashuba, Valentine, Curry, Donnelly, Viele, Ferreier, Messer, Doughtery-Shah, not to mention most of the distributors who struggle with "selling," even if their lives depended on it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kashuba's "Pyramid to Growth" deconstructed... 1. come on board and lie your ass off to your employees 2. create a state of mass micro-management 3. act like your listening to your employees, and sales force 4. start laying off people and promise it's going to be the last time with every lay off. 5. succumb to the private equity firms pressures on bottom line 6. watch the whole organization crumble as they slowly take Trauma away from you, with Spine to follow 7. collect pay check and ignore the fact that you are sitting naked in board meetings

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone please tell me why there are SO MANY levels of upper management in this company? Seriously, why does it take a President, multiple VP's, and general managers to run a company that barely has a corporate operational crew keeping the business going? Just a lot of fat worth trimming. Maybe start with Kashuba.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't you see the movie Goodfellas? The part of the movie where they usurped a restaurant, squeezed every last drop of money they could out of it, then burned it down to collect the insurance? That's all that's happening here. Sort of ironic that the pathway to growth is having the opposite of its intended effect. Maybe if the vp of sales could have his bad cranially impacted rectum situation resolved, they wouldn't have to fire droves of people to make their top line appear better.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's a matter Glen, was your pay in jeopardy if you didn't protect "their" top line? You're not worth two cents.

"On February 28, 2008, we entered into employment agreements with Mr. Florin, our Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, and with Mr. Kashuba, our Senior Vice President and President of Biomet Trauma and Biomet Spine. Both Mr. Florin and Mr. Kashuba will be referred to in this section as “Executive.” Both agreements have an initial three-year term that provides for automatic twelve-month extensions, beginning on the first anniversary of the agreement, unless either party gives prior notice of termination. Mr. Florin and Mr. Kashuba will receive a base salary at a rate no less than $395,850 and $397,722 per year, respectively, which shall be increased at our discretion. Executive will also have the opportunity to earn an annual cash bonus in an amount no less than 80% of his base salary for on-target performance, with the possibility of exceeding 80% for high achievement. For a further discussion of our non-equity incentive plan, see “The Elements of Biomet’s Compensation Program—Non-equity Incentive Plan.” "

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quite a hefty salary for someone who keeps his head buried in the sand and is virtually unseen around the office.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is probably less than a year before this Biomet division experiences total implosion. Best everyone inside has an exit strategy, otherwise you might find an "exit" is already staged for you!

Distributors, better start shopping for a new source to accommodate your customers. The old line of implants just won't cut it anymore. Glen's promises will fall short, everyone will be screwed, with only his arrogant management making out in the end. Heed the warning signs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know who the ST Spine manager in NC is? What kind of guy is he to work for? Is this a good dept. to be in? Please shed some light on this company and specifically the spine Dept. Is the spine fusion stimulator a good sale? Thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be a f'n idiot.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should fit in perfectly with this sales force.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's the shady EBI distributor in NY who hired a Dr.s son in Westchester and now has his business. Guy will do anything. Does compliance know about his business practices. If not I am sure DOJ will be interested.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NY isn't the only place for this sort of crap at EBI. There are other places in the house that Valentine and Donnelly built which most people don't know about. It's wider spread than you think.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like Where?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New York Fx and Spine is the distributor.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

his last name starts with a Z I believe and yes. I bet they are aware of what he does to get the business. Very foolish in this environment to be doing that.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the boost. Anyone that is willing to offer constructive advice is appreciated. I know what I've read. It can't all be bad surely. I haven't accepted anything I'm just trying to prepare for the interview.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much can you expect to make selling Biomet Stims through a distributor?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get almost $400k to do your job, why would you get an 80% bonus afterwords? There is something wrong with that pay structure.