Biosimilars

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Mar 25, 2018 at 8:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call it a rebirth.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call it a metamorphosis.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call it the biggest shitshow on earth. This couldn’t be a worse failure if we tried to tank it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope-- I'd call it a death.

Nov 30, 2018 11:26am

Pfizer is the latest biosimilar drugmaker to settle on a 2023 launch date for a Humira copy. (Pfizer)

AbbVie is on a hot streak striking patent deals to protect its top drug, Humira. Even as Boehringer Ingelheim has opted to fight the company’s patent claims in court, Pfizer has decided it’s in its own best interest to settle on a late 2023 biosimilar launch date.

Under a licensing agreement with AbbVie, Pfizer can launch its Humira biosim on Nov. 20, 2023. The date falls after biosim launch timelines for several other drugmakers that have already inked their own patent deals with AbbVie.

Amgen, for instance, was the first to settle with AbbVie and gets the earliest U.S. Humira biosimilar launch date of Jan. 31, 2023. Samsung Bioepis followed with its own deal this year that allows its marketing partner Merck to launch a biosim in the U.S. on June 30, 2023.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AbbVie knows how to strike a deal. Look at all the managed care contracts.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer, in all its glorious arrogance, doesn’t thinks it matters. The leaking holes are increasing rapidly on this sinking stinking ship.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you mean... “after birth”?

Biosimilars is done. Last one out, turn off the lights.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Going into Biosimilars was the worst mistake of my career.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those other named companies may have biosimilar openings. Then you can spank pfizer's ass.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did You get a severance package?

I’m sure they took great care of you

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’ll find Pfizer on your resume isn’t a positive thing.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More proof. "Pfizer cuts 5 biosimilar candidates and150 jobs in R&D shakeup. "

Bio-pharma-reporter.com

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must not be here enjoying this Biosim NSM. In a word, awesome. Really, really good stuff, folks. Progressive and disruptive.

Can’t stop us.
    Can only hope to contain us.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are an idiot.....that’s why you’re in biosims. .

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think she (or he) was being sarcastic... ?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hope so; no one can be that stupid.Of so, my apologies to the poster.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean the new Xeljanz divsion products ?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Given we split profits of Inflectra with the biotech who makes it, then it should be spun off, sold off, given back, or BAM only sell w Contract Salesforce pull through.

However with BioSimilar Humira already approved for 2022 launch and BioSimilar Enbrel as well as 2 others by 2024 this division will morph into the Xeljanz team to sale since they do not have a deep pipeline.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think we know what we are doing in selling biosimilars, and we are not likely to be the company that figures it out. We are unwilling/unable to try different tactics and strategies that may work; its the same old playbook in a new and different marketplace. I like the fact that we have our hands on some key products but I believe we would be better off licensing at least some of these to a smaller, scrappy and innovative company; let them figure it out then we can decide if we are willing to play ball after running it by 300 lawyers.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you dumb shits took until 2018 to figure this out? We’ve been golfing and shopping and “working the T’s” since the late 70s.