Biotech doesnt respect Pfizer reps

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jun 13, 2020 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two top major Biotech expanded since Jan-- Biogen & Gilead --both having combined over 225 opened US jobs posted.
    Hundreds of Pfizer reps posted. Literally hundreds as our I&I Xeljanz division had over 130 post & 15 DMs post just for Biogen (per ex Pfizer RSD who is over there).
    Total Pfizer had hundreds reps post for both companies and not 1 rep was offered a job. Not 1 out of out of hundreds.
    I can completely understand Xeljanz reps not getting offered as they are mostly Internal Medicine primary care reps just delivering food and robot marketing canned role plau messages on every call. But we have other divisions with high clinical technical selling that did not get an offer.
    Friends I know who work for Biogen & Gilead say Pfizer in general is not respected in the biotech world cuz they are not scientific and only care about the sales driven my madison avenue marketing messages.
    They say even the specialty physicians think Pfizer reps are just canned arms of marketing unlike Biotech that brings value w science & research trying to cure diseases not looking to turn a failed heart drug into erection drug to make billions.
    Now I know why very few Pfizer reps make it to Biotech for big bucks.
    I ll just have to look for startup for few yrs to parlay into a $300k package biotech career or just be comfortable & satisfied w my 120k salary hoping social security will still be here in 25 yrs.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most "biotech" reps I've met can't sell.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most are pharma reps with a fancier title.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depends on the biotech. In my territory most are highly regarded by the offices because they know their clinical info and they behave professionally. No Big Pharma aggressiveness, Madison Ave slick marketing pieces, or just-following-orders mentality. Let's hope we can attract a few biotech reps. We could use their influence if we want to remain relevant especially post-Covid.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what you’re saying is there’s no difference between a biotech rep and a bad pharma rep.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And fancier cars (lincoln mkz, audi 3, Volvo SUV) and and forgot About 200k more a year in compensation.
    Avg biotech total comp is 250-300k year with high salaries (160-180k) bonuses (60-75k) and company stock (50-75 yr)
    Biotech PAYS & REWARDS Clinical expertise that bring value not Starbucks on a daily basis.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now don't get jealous of the higher level of Biotech. I ve been in both 10yrs each for 20yrs total. (Currently w Pfizer Oncology).
    The average Biotech rep skills & capabilities are probably equal to pharma Oncology reps. That is spot on.
    And the past is correct, very very few big pharma get hired by Biotech because they really dont so much outside their marketing sales piece & provide food every day.
    Every specialty physician will tell you the same.

Most of Biotech hires come from other Biotechs and a select rare few from pharma Oncology divisions. Some from medical like Boston Scientific & Medtronic both those are usually management level positions.

But never hurts for keep trying & put your name in the hat as you might be that 1% that gets hired! (Especially for you 150 Xeljanz reps that posted for Biogen & crashed their website!)

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Indeed. The XC90 is fantastic.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they all do the same shit quit pretending you are special.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The titles state their importance; Specialty Rep.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you think doctors know or care about the difference between a specialty or biopharma rep or primary care rep you are a special kind of stupid.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But they know the skill levels when they see them.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks, mediocre dumbass.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Years ago we knew our clinical and scientific data and were allowed to provide features and benefits. By the way, it was not with Pfizer

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for so skillfully delivering my coffee. Flawless execution

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are clueless if you dont think the doctors know which reps & companies that bring value and ones who just show up w food and go over a canned marketing 30sec reminder.
    Being from a family of cardiologists and neuro surgeons, believe me they know the difference in quality.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with the topic as will 130 Xeljanz reps and 17 DMs who applied for Biogen & did not get 1 offer..... that speaks volumes when Biogen had 125 openings!

There are maybe 10% good strong clinical Pfizer reps who can talk ant medical issue with physicians like they were in med school. Biotech most can.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so what happened, couldn't pass the MCATs? thanksgiving must be embarrassing

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stupid meets deluded in your mirror each morning.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh yes keep doing your little kabuki dance convincing yourself you're the 10%. This guy