Biotech or med device sales rep better?

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Comp - Gen Discussion |Pharma Sales' started by anonymous, Mar 11, 2018 at 10:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will bump up this question, as I have sold biologics in my last two companies and each was a 'big pharma' company. I think biotech is a term that is thrown around at certain products big pharma produces in oncology, growth hormones, RA, etc. If not, who are these mystery "biotech" companies?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In a nutshell Biotech means that the method of research, development, production and MOA stem from biological manipulation versus traditional drug development which chemical/chemically derived. Many big Pharmas have biotech drugs and development platforms often times obtained via acquiring small biotech’s. Many of these companies are based on the Bay Area and Cambridge/Boston. To find some of them check out the Biotech Start ups thread on CP, or Google small/mid cap biotech companies. Both will show you many different companies in different TA’s. Some of the once small start ups like Amgen, Genentech, Biogen, Gilead are now what is referred to as Big Bio.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am debating leaving the OR to work for a smaller pharma company. Wish me luck on making the right decision.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same. Few years in implant, few years in medical supplies (medline), and now looking for speciality pharma, biotechnology, oncology gigs… All about QOL for me and my family. I’m 29 but I see the writing on the wall with devices and hospital sales. Life is too short. Give me a few products, 150k plus and I’ll make it work. Plan to get into a few side hustles too.

Any suggestions on decent companies or realms to look at? Or vice versa… were NOT to go.

Cheers!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG]