Blood Bath in Network Across the Board.

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson IT' started by anonymous, Jan 23, 2019 at 8:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard many impacted today. HR and Managers had bad news for many.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There were a few who were thrilled though as they can now get a severance package and go work someplace better than this poorly managed shit hole. Most of the guys in this team are like tech super stars and they really won't have problems finding well compensated appreciation for their talent elsewhere.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are right about the super stars though - heard one of them already landed a CIO job.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boy o boy - ITS has outdone itself in dumb moves. Each time they make a dumb move they look for ways to improve the quality of the dumb move - its part of the continuous improvement process. this one's by far the nobel prize winner - where are the leaders - they need to stand up and take a bow for this one.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh no! Who? Do they get to say goodbye at least

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were any directors cut

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not right now. After the new org is in place in apr cuts will be made at the Dir and Sr Mgr layers

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true. Directors were cut too. Not sure who. Please tell me Renee I wasn’t cut The only leader there who’s worth keeping

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Getting better, jobs already reserved for outside "friends"

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bringing in these unqualified “friends” needs to stop. Where is HR overseeing this? Oh yes, the HR IT Director is traveling all over the world racking up airline and hotel status and she is very proud of this perk. Does Exec leadership not see what is going on here?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know what needs to stop? People starting rumors and stating things that are completely false. There is absolutely no plan to bring ‘friends’ in to these positions.
    There is a plan to bring qualified people in for this positions. Sorry, but it’s that simple. People who are starting these rumors obviously don’t have enough to do at work.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don’t need to start rumors here. Just look at history, it has happened over and over and we are stuck with unqualified people.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bringing in friends is a rumor. Stuck with unqualified people - who is to say that you are qualified? If it’s so bad, you have options - you can leave and start posting on your next company’s Cafe Phatma board.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like HR here trying to justify their lack of oversight again and again.

As one of the previous posts said, no rumors are needed, just look at the history here. SM comes in and brings DZ and SW, neither of which have the skills or leadership qualities for those jobs. Then DZ brings in TD, ML, CW — all of which there have been much written about in these forums - enough said there. SW brought in TM, JL, CD — all of these folks are friends from past and most not qualified for these roles. There are others I am sure but many of these folks have already been shown the door for a variety of reasons. Hearing CD has now brought in another BL consulting buddy from up north. Another guy without experience for this role. CD has survived really because of his alliances, just talk to his team and partners to get the real story there.

So no need for rumors, it is a pattern that has been happening over the past 5 years, bringing in unqualified friends and driving out longtime J&J folks. Even if that isn’t the plan, why would that not be the buzz. What has happened to promoting from within? These outside people were supposed to bring us forward in IT, the saviors to show us the way. Who thinks that is what has happened? Most of us feel we are much, much worse than 5 years ago.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have worked for CD organization and I can say that everything his organization can deliver is good speech, vague presentations and repetitive statements. No real progress in any area besides the increased participation of some services of their "preferred" vendors added into app development projects. I do believe his real boss is SG.
    Whomever is doing real work in CBT is left behind when all the political games and alliances are the priority.

In the mean time SS is crushing the execution and really turning strategies in reality. Maybe its too much for him. But he's definitely delivering some real work. He deserves a lot of respect.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, these vendor relationships need to be investigated...again. There were RFPs done for services back in 2018, particularly for BAs. But CD continues to state that CLP is the “preferred” vendor despite highly prohibitive costs for most project budgets. There are other vendors who have been awarded that RFP who can do that work at much lower cost. The SG relationship is bizarre, he does seem to be making the decisions for CBT.

Weren’t all these vendor relationships investigated at least once last year?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why does CD still have a VP job? He does not have the skills for that role and is the main reason more progress hasn’t been made in his areas of responsibility. He can’t make a decision because he doesn’t understand what he is making a decision about. He blames everyone else and avoids all conflict. Heard from his team that there are very few coaching sessions or 1:1s and his feedback to them is nonexistent and no midyear reviews. He is a great example of a really poor IT leader. No one respects him or his ability in this space.

Agree that SS is making great progress and really despite many of those around him. He is a great example of IT leadership, someone who has done all these jobs in his career and knows what it takes to get something done in IT. The real question will be how long will he stick around in this dysfunctional environment.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup did just that - got my offer letter from down the street and its more than at JNJ. Christmas came early in 2019 - getting my severance and more. At my age though more money doesn't mean much but I value appreciation from my management. Sadly at JNJ despite my best efforts management has always thrown you under the bus and can never be trusted.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should get my offer letter on tue as well and will join in early Apr. Management threw you under the bus and you are surprised why?