BMS Healthcare costs for retirees

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Feb 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you so much - I am on it!!
    New to Medicare, carrying retiree health care for younger spouse and taking that as my supplement until wife is Medicare eligible. This is all new to us, thought I understood all this with decades in this industry - it changes too fast - and our needs have changed as well.

Thx again!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got my 2014 notice. Both on Medicare. $741 per month

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just for me $373.77 per month.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What will insurance look like and cost in 2015 or does anyone know?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$645

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard or read about BMS UnitedHealthCare for rerirees and their spouse's being canceled in 2014? They want to cancel all health care for non empolyed persons.
    Thank you

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine went down from $422 to $385 somehow(standard plan for me only).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UHC will leave NC health insurance market in 2015. What does this mean for retirees?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good morning All,

Father - BMS Retiree since 1996.
    Involved in house fire 2016. Incapacitated and now in nursing home.
    Wife died 2014, never notified BMS.
    Questions:
    1.) How or what website do I use, as his son, to see what benefits/payments/EOB UHC is paying? He pays $824.10 for UHC, which includes his, now dead, wife.
    2.) We have a POA to handle his affairs. I have contacted MyBenefits and will get his wife taken off as a dependent. His BMS Pension is through Prudential. What would be his, single male only, UHC premium?

Hope someone sees this and can help.

r/

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very sorry for your loss. Assuming you are under 26 yrs old I believe monthly cost is around $225/ month. Would suggest checking with BMS benefits group to confirm. Best of luck to you and may 2017 bring you happiness.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless I'm mistaken, you can go back to company insurance even if you leave it. Clarification on this would be appreciated.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just retired myself and they told me today that I can always go back and take the Medical/Drug coverage. The one that you cannot go back and get is Cobra dental which is only for 18 months

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you are not on Medicare yet, cost for just the retired employee?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cobra is a joke; ridiculously expensive.