Board Certification for MSLs

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by anonymous, Oct 21, 2017 at 5:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those of you who have taken it, I’m curious how difficult the final exam is? I’ve completed my modules and I’m in the process of studying. Not here to argue the pros and cons of the program as I’m already in it, just would like to study efficiently to avoid taking it multiple times. Thanks!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Board exam is an intermediate level of difficulty . The proctor will ask you to show your ID into the camera and make you show the surrounding area in your room to make sure you can't cheat They give you 3 hrs but if you studied the question bank you'll be in good shape. Overall I thought it was a medium level of difficulty

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does everyone pass lol?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great, thank you :)

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Current medical affairs exec. Been doing BCMAS and absolutely love it!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aka, works for ACMA

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^ This! If you're all on the fence, I suggest messaging people on LinkedIn to figure out if people are really using it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent program. Only accredited one

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The BCMAS certification was awesome. Very comprehensive. I have been in the industry 25 years and found it to be excellent as well.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for sharing! I'm currently working at a small biotech and we are board certifying our entire medical affairs and MSL team. We are pretty excited about it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last 4 replies are ACMA, just FYI. Zero companies require this for their employees. Zero. You're better off getting a career coach for that kind of money.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just completed my BCMAS. Great program!
    Ps.. I don't work for ACMA and it's obvious the last reply is the same guy who keeps bashing the program.. you're bias so nothing you say can be taken seriously. You obviously have some personal vendetta.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're thinking about becoming board certified in medical affairs you should absolutely do it. My company Gilead paid for it and it was excellent!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My company Achaogen board certirifed our MSLs. We thought it was a good program Very comprehensive and offered a lot of material very useful for Medical Affairs professionals Also, the ACMA was incredibly supportive and helpful. They have a live chat support which was great. Would definitely recommend it!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Astellas requires it. Charlotte Kremer said on her last lecture that BCMAS is the most valuable thing to come to medical affairs in the past 30 years.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello all,
    I recently attended a meeting the ACMA hosted which brought together leadership from the industry to discuss the issue of settling a standard in the pharmaceutical industry. I honestly didn't know much about the organization prior to the meeting but have to say I was very impressed with the caliber of their team. One of the team members actually is a well respected patient advocate. The others were strong supporters from industry for setting up a benchmark like BCMAS. After the meeting I did some more research online which is how I stumbled on this forum. Here are my two cents.. I think that the ACMA has an excellent curriculum and most everyone at the meeting agreed that their program was solid. Although it isn't a requirement now, almost everyone except 1 person said they believed that it was a matter of time until BCMAS is required. Many stated that BCMAS is preferred for some roles already. So I would respectfully disagree with some of the comments attacking the ACMA. I think these posts reflect a larger fear that some medical affairs professionals have about being exposed because they've been skating by for some time. I personally don't care for all of the gossip and attacks but my prediction is that the ACMA will dominate the space. They already have learners all over the world and support from several well respected bodies and universities both in the US and abroad. I neither work for ACMA nor am I involved in MAPS so I believe I bring a neutral perspective. However I do believe that there is a huge benefit to having a benchmark and they are accredited which does say soemthing. Hope that sheds some light!