Board Certification for MSLs

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by anonymous, Oct 21, 2017 at 5:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your insight. I am a physician and am very interested in becoming an MSL. I've tried networking on LinkedIn but all recruiters keep telling me I need experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best bet is to work on your research experience. These certification programs are not respected, they prey on those desperate to be MSL and steal your money

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm an ACMA enthusiast in Europe. It is an excellent program and quickly catching on in the EU. They're the only accredited program for medical affairs professionals and MSLs. I was just at the DIA meeting and met with their president who had given a talk. I think what they're doing is revolutionary actually.. Think about it... They're reshaping medical affairs as we know it. I also do not work for ACMA but would love to be their ambassador in the EU. We need this type of benchmarking. They also have offices in the UAE, India and Brazil and they seem very active. I believe that the individual who is attacking is also the same person in this thread and nothing he says should be taken seriously. I think this is the wave of the future for pharma. Here's an interesting link to a Forbes article on ACMA. By the way I'm at Covance and we have several in the UK board certified So far feedback is superb. Cheers!

As Opioid Liability Rises, Accreditor Seeks Credential For Pharma's Educators

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi all...
    Don't work for ACMA and don't deal with any of the other groups, ie., msl. Society maps etc...
    I'm at Sanofi and our VP had our msl team do it. Overall despite the fact that we are a tenured team, we learned a lot. they're accredited too. If you are looking for broad skills training do it. For the guy attacking ACMA you're an asshole that's obvious. And you'd have to be an idiot not to see that you've got a clear agenda to damage their reputation especially posting their chief academic officer CE issue which is absurd because basically she missed CE Credits which we all do. So it's obvious you hate their leadership Your the reason why this profession and industry won't advance Stephen dodge. Need to evolve buddy

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

definitely do bcmas to increase your knowledge. i wasted my time with from science to pharma. that guy is based on australia and he was an msl for a year and now just wants to make money off of telling people stuff....bcmas is actually real content.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BCMAS is amazing. I did it and I have worked in pharma for 7 years. I think it is great and I learned a lot.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This entire thread is just junk and it’s such a shame cafepharma allows such unprofessionalism on their site

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is obvious that one person on here is anti BCMAS and pro MAPS.

Make sure you read the link as to how MAPS was started by ramin and his wife and how they are hiding that they are pocketing every penny.
    There is a whole thread about this.

And why are people cursing about board certifications lol who cares.

Cancer or heart disease is something to care about not this. It’s just a job. Do what you think is correct and ethical. Board certification makes sense for some

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This whole thread is junk and lies

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This entire thread seems unreliable.
    I completed BCMAS and I am the VP medical affairs at a small biotech and no I won't reveal which company because I am not comfortable doing so not because I'm an employee of the ACMA. The poster who is posting against BCMAS is either misinformed or lying blatantly
    First ACMA is accredited externally by the Iacet accrediting body. Second they also offer CME and CE for HCPs. Third they have worked with reputable medical and pharmacy schools We did our due diligence and checked before working with them. We had a small MA team and gave it to all of us including the MSLs Overall positive feedback but there were some that were resistant more because they were worried about the exam. It gave me a good gauge of who my top performers were from a knowledge standpoint. I don't see anywhere on their site or in social media that they are marketing towards those who want to break in to a role. Msl society certainly does this and that is ok too. ACMA serves a need, if you don't disagree with it, that's fine it isn't for everyone but I personally see that there is value to having some level of consistency.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The world needs people who build each other up, not tear them down. The poster who keeps criticizing the ACMA and attacking its founders isn't doing anything constructive. The ACMA saw a need. If you really care that much why not reach out to ACMA and offer your guidance and assistance to make what they're doing even better For the poster making all those accusations against MAPS, shame on you as well. Even if that may be true why bring it up??

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi everyone!

I am due to sit the BCMAS exam in a few days, and just want to get an idea of how the exam is like for those who have completed it.
    Its been a while since done some of the modules, do I really have to thoroughly study all of them cause I do have a short period of time until the test or would understanding the question bank and the case studies suffice?
    All your advice would be greatly appreciated.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone should verify this by contacting Charlotte or the SVP, Salim Mujais on LinkedIn or work email

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't get what is so bad about what they're doing. Tons of organizations and schools offer certifications and training. Also I've never heard them say in any of their materials that their programs are required. Where are you getting this nformation from?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One other thing... What makes you think that they're even on here posting. All these posts are anonymous. You're making assumptions.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi all I Stumbled on this forum. I agree with poster 216. The ACMA organization is quite impressive with what they've done. I attended their live event and it was superb. FDA and NIH were present and I met with the ACMA team who were delightful. Their curriculum is excellent and I am looking forward to getting Board Certified soon. My company is willing to pay for it.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gotta give it to the ACMA. They were just named the standard of excellence in some journal.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What comes in the final Board Exam?
    Are they the same questions as the ones in the Module? Any specific quetsions you remember?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Always guess C