Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Larry Shapero Medmark this jackass is all over medreps.com with his bs jobs. He's a recycle master of jobs that don't exist !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah f that medmark schlep

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So glad to hear you say that. He is a complete poser. never has the listings that he claims.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean the 180k jobs he has been posting for years? Same shit month after month. Asshole

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen! Guy's a fool

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SCAM!!!!! Waste of time!!!!

Patricia Rowland , Staffing Coordinator - Express Rep Staffing aka Scumbag Recruiter

NAMSR, DME and R.A.I. all scams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heads up:

Job Title: Medical Device Sales Rep - Entry & Exp.
    Company: Alan Moser

is their new post spamming the sh*t out of big markets nationwide the last few weeks too..

anything entry level in the title or needing some medical sales bs training in the jobs' requirement section are dead giveaways, don't be fooled by these schmucks...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unsolicited Job and Recruiting Emails:
    Checking out "McSourcer Recruiting and Staffing"

Have you received an recruiting email like the ones below, typically with the subject line, "Executive Recruiting Firm Contact" or "Corporate Recruiting Firm (Contact info request)", claiming to be from "McSourcer Recruiting and Staffing", using these names and email addresses:
    Mike McCarthy, m.mccarthy@mcsourcer.com
    Mike McCarthy mike@mcsourcer.com
    Others?

We are not saying they are a scam, only that the initial contact method they used, an ambiguous, unsolicited email, is identical to those commonly used by scammers and identity theft phishing. If you have received a job through McSourcer Recruiting and Staffing or the others above, or have anything positive to say about them - PLEASE WRITE US! So far, all we have seen is very suspicious, at best. See farther down this page for results of our initial investigation.

Do you have a resume posted online? We'd like to hear from you about your experiences recruiting emails that turned out to be scams or misleading - click here to write us. We suspect these are possibly a new wave of identity theft attacks.

Note: There ARE legitimate recruiting and employment firms on the internet, and some with very similar names to those above. We recommend you check any company out before you give any personal information to them. If they do not have a posted address and phone number, or don't answer the phone, don't give them any personal information! The legal recruiters will be happy to give you contact information, return calls and act in the open!

What to do, if you DID fill out their form:

Report it to the following government agencies:
    Forward the email you received to the Federal Trade Commission: spam@uce.gov
    Contact the FBI (United States Federal Bureau of Investigation) at the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about filing a complaint with the FBI /IC3

Contact your State Attorneys General. Your state Attorney General or local office of consumer protection is also listed in the government pages of your telephone book

Below are a number of these suspicious emails received by our staff:

Tom Johnson,

If I already emailed you then please ignore this, but I've learned that some of my recent emails were not delivered.

I have a copy of your resume and was touching base to see if you are currently in the job market. If so, please register with us at www.mcsourcer.com/register so I can easily update you regarding opportunities.

I'm based in Chicago but our current search engagements are spread nationwide.

Best Regards,
    Mike McCarthy
    McSourcer Recruiting and Staffing
    Phone: 312.277.1986
    40 E. Chicago Ave. Suite 131
    Chicago, IL 60611
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/mcsourcer
    http://mcsourcer.myplaxo.com

Remove your email from my list here and I promise to never contact you again:
    http://lists.mcsourcer.com/u?id=5508162.160135dbd783169d98680714f270aef4&n=T&l=mcsourcer-candidates&o=128221

Version 2

Hi Tom Johnson,

I came across your resume. Not sure if you're currently in the job market but if you're interested in hearing about our job opportunities please register with us online below:

www.mcsourcer.com/register

We work on searches across all of the U.S. and some in Canada. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Mike McCarthy
    Phone: 312.277.1986
    Chicago, IL 60611
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/mcsourcer
    http://mcsourcer.myplaxo.com

Remove your email from my contacts by clicking the link below and I promise to never contact you again:
    http://lists.mcsourcer.com/u?id=5508162.160104dbd783169d98297714f270aef4&n=T&l=mcsourcer-candidates&o=14569583

Version 3

Hi Tom Johnson,

I came across your resume. If you're interested in hearing about our job opportunities please email me back and I'll send you a link to register with us. We work on searches all throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Best Regards,

Mike McCarthy
    Chicago, IL 60611
    Phone: 312-277-1986

What happens if you reply or register with McSourcer?

If you click on the link to register at McSourcer.com, here's what you see:

At least, they are not asking for any confidential information, so the worst case scenario is you may receive more spam, if they provide your email address to other advertisers. Their privacy policy includes these statements:
    "Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
    We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. "

Of course, there's no way to know whether a company is following their stated policies.

After completing the form, this is the screen we saw:

Click on the link on the page above took us to this website, https://www.6figurejobs.com. This sure looks like a misleading redirection: why register at McSourcer, if they only redirect you to another existing jobs website? Most people would expect that the link would take them to a page ON the McSourcer website; not to a separate jobs engine. We feel that is misleading.

Does McSourcer receive a commission from 6figurejobs for leads sent? If so, then this was nothing more than phishing for leads, and, in our opinion, offers no real value to the recipients!

We sent an email back to McSourcer. If we get a response, we'll post it here.

We also tried to remove ourselves from their list. here's what we saw:

We received an email back, almost immediately, saying our email address "has been removed from the 'mcsourcer-candidates' mailing list.". We'll post results, whether we receive any more emails or spam.

Other References

Other websites and people are questioning the legitimacy and intent of McSourcer. See these pages:
    Phishbucket.org
    LinkedIn
    CVtips.com/career_advice_forum

Unrelated Jobs Scams

There are a variety of sleazy scams that look, at first glance, like legitimate job offers. Before you write back to them, pause a moment and read about the scams below!

Some of the more common job scams are
    multilevel marketing - Primamerica
    credit card applications (in particular, one from "Grey Marketing Team")
    30biz.com
    Liberty National Recruiting
    Also see these Spam job emails

BEWARE PEOPLE! GOVERNMENT IS ALL OVER THIS ONE & SO IS FBI!
    I ALMOST FELL FOR THIS!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOSERS!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a run in w/ Patty Hubbard from Modern Medical Solutions too. She sent this email (in which I responded) and never heard anything back:

We appreciate your interest in Modern Medical Solutions and the sales opportunity of Medical Sales Rep for which you applied. I do apologize by just getting back to you but we just started working on your territory this week. We strive to provide the best possible certified medical sales reps in the industry for each medical equipment supplier's specific requirements. We are reviewing applications currently and expect to get back to everyone in the next couple of days. We do have a few short questions below you will need to fill out to be considered. If you are selected you can expect to be contacted by my Staffing Coordinating staff shortly.

Patty Hubbard, Human Resource Manager

Modern Medical Solutions www.modernmedicalreps.com

patty.hubbard@modernmedicalreps.com

APPLICANT QUESTIONS (please fill out your answers the best you can to be considered):

How do you build relationships with clients in order to understand their needs and strategies?

How would you describe your personality?

What do you do personally for your professional development?

If this is you first sales rep position in the Medical Device & Equipment industry please answer the next 3 questions:

1) How much education do you have in healthcare and list all classes completed that directly related to medical devices or equipment?

2) Have you completed medical sales training or have acquired entry-level Medical sales designations such as (RMSR, MSC, HIDA, etc)?

3) What interests you mostly about becoming a Medical Device & Equipment sales rep?

If you have experience in selling Medical Devices / Equipment please answer the below questions, thank you:

Do you have medical sales rep credentials to meet client requirements (Vendormate, REPTRAX, Symed)?

Are the majority of your current client’s physicians or hospital / clinic administrators?

How familiar are you with Medicaid and Medicare guidelines, coding, reimbursements, and policies?

What type of medical equipment did you mostly sell or have experience in and what certifications do you have in the medical equipment DME business?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another "recruiting firm" that doesn't seem too legit w/ a horrendous response time (if at all) is Personify (i.e. Courtney Harris). They'll give you a brief description of a position and ask for your resume. Then after shooting them your info, they will not respond to requests for a detailed job description. I doubt they even have contracts for these positions and just play candidates & companies off of each other. Also, they will continue to contact you after requesting to be removed from their database and/or mailing list.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F all these fake posting lazy recruiters....we should give them a taste of their own medicine. Make a blow-you-away resume, apply, wait for a call back, just to find out who its with, then laugh and turn their ass down while they beg you to go on the interview.. see how they like them apples !!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such bitterness! You tools should learn how to use recruiters to your advantage, not depend on them to get you employed. I have not seen this much whining since Hillary found out about Monica!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

im pretty sure most of us, the real hustlers atleast, all know how to maximize working with recruiters especially if we are in this cutthroat industry already...this post is about exposing the fake and bad ones, no ones whining and no one asked for your .02 so keep it moving turd, they need you to cover a closing shift at starbux

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm, I wonder who the "bitterness" post was from. Couldn't be one of those bogus recruiters? I won't give external recruiters the time of day anymore - they're a dime a dozen!

LOL on the Starbucks comment.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Lee Weber not take the cake? All he does is shoot out email blasts (your BCC isn't fooling anyone) w/ a job description. You're looking at about a week response time from him & the only thing he'll respond to is an unsubscribe request. Some more to watch out for: Cassie McClendon Brown from RightThing, JESSICA LUEBKE from Slone Partners, & Bud Harrison-Mgmt Recruiters of Elgin

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think I've had a run-in w/ Mike McCarthy as well. When I do an email search I can see his email address, but deleted all his emails & contact info, so what does that tell ya?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gonna have to 3rd that on McNitt & nice LI pic too-u look like a real hardazz on that touring bike! Clown accepts my LI invite & then can't respond to 2 messages I sent him on there (since been deleted).

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHA! If you actually re read the bitterness post closely, it completely sounds like its coming from an old haggard recruiter ...especially with a political analogy like that one & probably one whos name is on this thread too!! lol you my friend are spot on

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiters one of the reasons Flamethrowers should be legal !!!!!!!!!