Bone Growth Stimulator - your advice?

Discussion in 'Orthofix' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The answer to this question would be rad!
    Thanks!
    Best

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shorting or removing the CMOS battery will set the clock calendar back to the default and the device will no longer be useful and will produce an error on startup.

Have a wonderful day!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is actually not correct, I did not use my device for several weeks while away on vacation. The unit continued to count the days even without batteries installed, so I lost a few weeks of use. My unit tells the amount of days passed since activation and the number of days used. When the days since activation reached 180 days, the unit no longer works, even though I only used it for a total of 130 days

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi there. Can I resurrect this? I'm not a sales rep or anything and I do say, this thread is quite entertaining...

I have had two surgeries trying to heal a non-union in my foot over the last 2 years. I've been on crutches for so long and really want to get walking on two feet again! My doctor really feels that a bone stimulator would help, but my insurance has denied it twice from two different reps, and then denied all my appeals. I just don't have the $5,000 to buy it out of pocket. I've found a used one for $50, but I'm not sure exactly what I'd do to reset it... haha has anyone had success with this method? I see a good list of supplies, but I have no clue what I do with them.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It doesn’t work on the newer model.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

unfortunately no, not unless you can figure out a software reset. As other have stated, it's not just the amount of uses, but overall time since activated. Best bet: find a used Exogen stim on ebay, craigslist etc. Get the one with the orange button, as that model can have the battery replaced.