Bone Health District Manager Process

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've read the threads, it looks like some people have had phone screens. Has anyone been invited for a personal interview or a "No Thank You" post phone screen? Curious

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviews are in March '09.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Early, Mid or late March? Why so long from now? Also, how long would the interview process more than likely be?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Phone screen iv this weekend. What type of questions were asked? Was it a typical walk me through your resume? Thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was asked actual questions about preparing a team to launch a product. Much more detailed than the usual phone screen. I would call it a phone interview. They also asked my ratings and rankings right off the bat. Have a launch plan ready in your head. Now I'm in a pool waiting to see if they pick me to do a F2F.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if anyone gets an invite for f2f, please post

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got an email to schedule a phone screen, but when I clicked on link one hour after receiving email it said all time were full, but to keep checking back. I have been checking back and still no times. This is sooooo frustrating!!! Has anyone else had this happen?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The email you got wasnt for Bone Health Managers..... it was for Bone Head Managers. Sounds like you are one.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

completed phone screen, same type of questions as posted. tonight, got an email saying thank you for completing phone screen- we are in the process of assessing other candidates, please continue to check in for next steps. it wasn't a "no thank you" but it wasn't an invitation for a f2f either....anyone else?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told 3-5 days I would be notified if I move to f2f.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you feel the need to be an asshole? If you can't say anything helpful, STFU.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hiring process is all about the # of internal candidates. If you're an outsider applying for one of the DM jobs and there are halfway decent internal candidates you're competing against- you don't have much of a shot. T.O. is placing a huge priority on hiring people that have completed the Amgen Management Development Program. In fact, I've been told that a lot of good external candidates arent even being contacted for DM vacancies untill the internal guys have been interviewed and deemed "unworthy".

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received the same email about Thank you for completing phone screen and app process and that they will continue to assess other candidates. My contact w Amgen said that this is normal process. Internal candidates will be notified by end of Feb. Any positions open then will move forward with external iv which will then be 2-3 f2f. Good luck!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interested in applying for a rep position. I am having trouble finding a contact, can anybody help or provide me with some information?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, very few externals will even get a courtesy call. This is all about promoting from within unless the internal candidates are just terrible.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please correct me if I am wrong, but Amgen is not currently in the Osteoporosis market at all right now, right? It would seem to make a whole lot of sense that if they want this launch to be successful then external candidates that are currently selling into this disease state AND have launched Osteo drugs effectively and successfully already AND already have established relationships with Endo would be important to Amgen. But hey, if it's not all that important to do that, then that's fine. Go ahead and send the majority of your managers and reps with very little if any Osteo exp and best wishes for a successful launch.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too much common sense there, Sparky!! We like to travel the road less traveled!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck to the internal and external candidates. Appears that Amgen is being very detailed on the type of candidates that are moving forward in the process. It doesn't really matter if you are internal or external, you are going to have to meet some very specific detailed criteria. It seems that the furthest anyone has gotten is a phone screen and follow up email letting that person know that they should continue to check their email. Any further information? Thanks and again- good luck!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Launching a MAB in a Part B environment is a lot different than lauching a "pill". The exception being Reclast. This is not a slam against pharma as I too was a "pill" rep at one time. Getting a Doc to say yes and pay for the drug out of his own pocket and then depend on reimbursement is a whole different ball game.

Good luck to all.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not familiar with operating in a Part B environment. Could someone please explain what this means and how it is different from Part D?