Bone Health Expansion

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The final F2F isn't next week (7/23-27), but the week after. The two finalists will be notified by the middle of the aforementioned week. Or at least that was what I was told. So that puts the final IV around 7/30-8/3.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To answer your question, the final two candidates are going to be flown in to meet someone in upper management.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I highly doubt there is a "meeting" with upper management. Why the heck would Amgen fly close to 400 (200 slots/2 candidates per slot) people to meet with "upper management"... This is an entry level job. The DM's were given the authority to hire who they felt best fit the position and that is why the DM had another person at the IV with them. It makes no sense to pay for a room, flight, food and additional expenses... Not to mention the liability just to reinterview a candidate for an entry level job. Time is money and that would take a heck of a lot of time away from upper management not to mention the money to house that many people. Things have been slow this month due to a break the week of the 4th as well as the national meeting. Surely sucks for candidates, like myself, since I believe time can kill a deal. Best of luck to everyone, it is a job- with a solid company and hope to see some of you in training... If I make it :) have a great weekend. However as I will close... I may be wrong...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is definitely an interview w a regional. 100% sure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many of you are former Boniva reps?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ca here - I'm getting closer to an offer from Forest and another international sales position .. Both face to face ints done and one im on second - both of these i did phone interviews weeks after Amgen.
    I'm giving up on Amgen .. Worried they'd just lay the newbies off in a year and I need a more stable position to support my family .. also concerned about selling this drug. 7 weeks since phone int not holding my breath.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not another interview. I was told directly from the DM that the two candidates would meet with someone in upper management for a brief period. You're correct that the hiring DM will have the last word on who they hire. Amgen is not going to fly all 400. Example: If you and the other candidate are vying for a position in Dallas and this higher up flies into Dallas then the candidates drive. I'm not trying to argue, but merely stating what I've been told from the DM. This is the process I was told to expect. Best of luck to all!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in the same position. This coming week (I do expect to hear from Amgen based on the interview, could be foolish but I'm trying to think positive) I have two secondary interviews with medical device companies and a primary interview with another. I could possibly receive an offer from either of the secondary IV's which I will take. I would like to work for Amgen, but at this point it's a first come first serve as all companies I'm interviewing are pretty stable.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take whatever job is offered that you are happy with. Don't wait around. If Amgen calls you after you accept another job, you can always leave that job. Look out for yourself and best of luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish Amgen was a little more clear on how they would proceed to the next step.

I like the position, product and hiring manager but I need to make a decision soon. Similar situation as above posters.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am having a hard time believing you. A device company is not looking for someone who has the qualifications of an Amgen entry level position person would have. Just saying

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a complete douche who has no idea what selling is. "personal network of over 300 individuals.." Destined to fail...hmm do you know how to sell? That is what counts. Not knowing someones name through a friend of a friend and saying they are in your "network". Most of the hiring DM's are not going to hire someone with no sales experience period. Good luck you will need it...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahah! 12 years of work experience with start ups, CEOs, etc. wtf are you jumping into an entry level position. I hope they hire you do I can put a nice BROWN "chocolate" surprise on your your pillow during training. Jerkoff

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Children let's play nice

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI, I was given an opportunity with a device company because of a referral right out of college. Did well for 2 years as a ASR but was given a territory outside of my state and didn't want to move so I went to pharma. I've been successful in pharma too. If you think just because this is an "entry-level" position no experienced out-of-work reps aren't applying you're kidding yourself. The DM I interviewed stated that they were looking for reps with experience, but if worse came to worse they would hire those with no experience. I know more than a couple out-of-work reps that would jump at this chance entry-level or not.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview with hiring manager this coming week. Northeast area. I also have experience with pharma and device, I am out of work so I need a position. This company is a great one to have on the resume and I hope there is some type of career growth/plan that you can achieve once you prove yourself. I have not heard about other interviews after the DM. I do know that there are 2 DM's who will be conducting the interview. I was told the start date is not until September.

Has anyone had an interview with Director level after the hiring manager interview? Can anyone share any info on the interview with DM. I am assuming standard STAR questions and sharing experience, etc...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had my interview late last week with DM and SR. Rep. The interview was pretty informal, just a few specific questions, review of resume and experience. I have sold in this market so DM wanted to know my knowledge of injectables, Med B reimbursement etc, experience of competitors. As far as interviews go....was pretty informal, but in some ways these are the more challenging because you need to be careful of what you say and share since it seems like your having a conversation and not just a structured STAR format.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is driving record check at Amgen looking for? I don't have a DUI or a bad record per say. Is it two or three or less incidents in what timeframe (3or 5 year record)?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

believe it or not, the company goes back 7 years. I didn't realize that it was even kept that long, they have you sign an extension waiver that allows them to go back that far. Another thing that they look into is Bankruptcy and foreclosure record

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for input on interview.. I agree the "informal/casual" interviews are definitely the hardest.. It feels all relaxed, but you have to be careful about what you share and remember these people are NOT your friends...

I have never heard of someone not getting hired for credit issues in medical. Pretty much everyone I know is having credit problems and problems with houses. I don't think the person who posted that has any legit evidence of this...