Bonus-My Division is doing "true up" bonus Q2- WTF

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jul 11, 2020 at 7:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before I start, I want to say my territory is about 111% for 1st Semester--- so this topic is not about me but about Principles of Leading & Inspiring. (Lack thereof)

Our VP made the decision to "true up" our Bonus 2nd Quarter which will make half the reps pay back $$$$ from 1st Quarter bonus.
    What kind of idiot & moron would do this to reps in a time that motivation and loyalty is critical.
    What happened with doing the right thing & respect for people?

In our Division they paid us out at 100% of Target 1st Quarter since the covid-19 virus started in Feb on the West coast & offices shut down in Feb.
    So now they made the highly motivated & engaging decision as he says to "true up" 2nd Quarter Bonus. Whatever your ending Semester 1 % of attainment is what's going to be paid out. If 120% you are getting the total difference 2nd Q. If the S1 is below 100% target -- like 90%-- then you will have to PAY $$$ BACK for the 2nd Q because they paid us 100% target in 1st Quarter when nobody really worked.

Recall 1st Q they paid all 100% because West cost offices shut down in Feb so it "was the only fair and the right thing to do" paying us reps 100%.
    Now 2nd quarter when nobody in the company or industry was in the field working with all the offices in the nation shut down, they are balancing it all out to "pay for performance" as our brilliant VP said.
    Well to pay for performance, you have to be performing & working--- thus in the field working????

HINT common sense 101---Regardless if a territory/rep was 200% of goal/target or 70% of goal, -- THE 1ST SEMESTER IT WAS ZERO IMPACT OR REFLECTION OF THE REP OR IMPACT THEY HAD--- ZIPPO .

All I can say whatever VPs in Pfizer who made this decision for their divisions need to be FIRED along with all RDs who supported it & DMs on the IC taskforce need to be FIRED for creating culture of not being loyal, demotivating, uninspiring, and down right zero respect for people!
    Simply terminated for not exhibiting leadership in a time of crisis management! POOR POOR POOR.
    (We have worked 6-8wks the entire year & most of January was calls, meetings etc. Why should I get paid 111% of my territory when another rep gets paid 10k less, as we both did the exact same thing S1--- stayed at home and did not work!--- just not fair for respectful during this time when other divisions did the right thing)
    Some reps spouces lost jobs & kids/family had to move back home w added household expenses. Clueless HQ leadership & Yes-Men RDs puppets w no courage & young DMs who are foundational in judgement & decision making is why we are the worse division in Pfizer.
    **** No wonder our division has lost 20% of reps the past 6 months! Leadership, Decision, & Culture STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody is paying back for Q1. If you finished above 100% you'll be paid for that. Quit scaring people...nobody paying anything back.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the post idiot.
    Says above 100% you will be paid all. 110 120 20000% whatever.
    But if you are UNDER 100% you likely you will have reduce Q2 bonus for being paid out 100% Q1 when you were BELOW goal so those reps will have Q1 over payment subtracted from Q2 if under 100% in our division.

Orginal post is accurate for our division
    Go back to your shell GF---

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be glad you have a job and stop whining. Such an embarrassment.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its call fair & respect for all.... if you do for one you should do for all.
    Sounds like she is taking up for your sorry wanta be something ib life but too lazy @$$ by supporting 100% payout for all given she is at 111% & will get hers anyway!
    She is taking up for your sorry excuse for a rep!
    Hope you have $100 Q2 bonus hoe

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow just when you think leadership cant make any worse decisions then you read something like this. Crazy
    Agree all involved with this decision should be questioned as either 150% or 50% attainment it had zero results of the rep in that territory.
    Heck in my division, several vacant territories most 1st Semester are 120% attainment which shows good or bad it is not the reps Q2.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A flat 100% payout across the board would be fair, but some people would bitch about that too. Hell, a 75% payout would be generous as no one did anything to drive business in Q2.
    Certain people are clearly very unhappy here, I wish they would leave.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Check your facts Einstein. Managers were told that an IC test was run nationwide and no one will owe money back. People like you are the Debbie Downers and Dummy Donalds of the works who spread negativity and are toxic to our culture. Bye Felecia!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok check back when you get your bonus. Nobody is going to owe money. Geesh if things are so bad for you here why are you still here? Legit question. If you hate management, hate the pay, hate staying home, hate going to field, hate bonus structure....is it worth being so miserable? I would think this pandemic has given all of us time to realize what's important to us and what isn't. Why waste so much time being miserable?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well not sure all divisions did the same but the poster is 100% correct with my division.
    That is the decision that was made in my division.

After Q1 all reps regardless of goal attainment got 100% of target bonus payout.
    However Q2 they are calling True Up or as my DM calls it "right sizing bonus"
    So Q2 will be paid according to your Q2 attainment AND you will be paid more on top of that if your actual Q1 was higher so to equal your 1st Semester attainment.

And opposite for those under 100% attainment who were paid out Q1 at a target above their attainment--- it will be offset Q2 bonus so NET result for all is what they actual Semester 1 attainment was----- regardless of all of us at home not working so nobody had impact positive or negative.

But i know the Pres & VP & RDs are not going to give 30% of their stock options with the company not making earnings 7th yr in a row.
    Its all at the expense of the reps. But we still have a pay check while many of spouses got layed off.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And this is why Pfizer sucks!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What screwed up division decided to not pay all reps at 100% of target???
    All of us in Global Pfizer did not work Q2 so positive or negative attainment was not reps responsibility .
    Would Like to know what screwed up division made this stupid decision so I will never go there!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The way the bonus for S1 was explained to us was somewhat different. I’m IS on the east coast.

Q1 payout is essentially a draw on S1 bonus (limited to 40% of S1 base payout) as it has been since I’ve been here. Since the COVID situation occurred that Q1 bonus/draw was set for everyone as if they were 100% of plan, or if we were all ranked right smack in the middle of the region.

After looking at our sales numbers from Q1, it was determined that COVID had limited impact through the end on March. So our actual Q1 sales rankings will be used for S1 bonus. The Q2 payout would thus be S1 payout (based on actual Q1 ranking) - Q1 paid draw (based on everyone being at 100% of payout plan or all ranked at the mid point of the region).

It seems reasonably fair to me all things considered. Let’s face it A. Just plain happy to get anything and B. The sales rankings normally are a bit of a crapshoot anyway

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just reading couple comments, I ll give you 3 guesses & 2 dont count.

Has to be the I&I division! Who else lol

Xeljanz & Derm have the most unhappy disgruntled reps in the entire company. They hate the Culture, the VP & Pres, RD/DM leadership, the marketing, the primary care top down mindset, etc.....
    Geeze took me reading only 2 comments to guess I&I leadership made this decision.
    However I think some other divisions did similar, while some paid 100% target for the Semester.

(Thing is that it doesnt matter if sales stay same during covid, NONE of us reps worked period so NONE of us can take credit for sales staying same, increasing or decline---- had nothing to do with us so we should not be rewarded for something we did not impact nor be penalties for something that declined.
    I think that is the jest of this entire top.... we all were at home not working so should be paid the same equality across the board either 50% target or 100% of target bonus just be fair & pay all the same cuz all were locked down at home)

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, you are a big embarrassment and a bigger loser.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well most of us reps will agree the fair & equitable thing is to pay all reps same bonus no matter what it is, no bonus/50%/100%/200% because we all did same thing--- stayed at home with no accountability for sales on shutdown.
    Good or Bad or Average SALES we had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
    Think the VPs & Pres who decided this need to give up half their dang stock options this yr also .

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We should go on a work stoppage in our division to protest this decision regarding our bonus situation!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what the hell would that look like, YOU AREN'T FUCKING WORKING ANWAY.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL funniest comment & reply all week.
    Good one

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well my division is paying 100% of target S1 and our VP said analysis showed sales stayed flat, didnt go down or up.
    Agree with previous poster who is pissed off at their division, given we all were at home setting on our butts with Pfizer's direction not having any impact on sales that the only fair way on Bonus is to pay everybody the same amount.
    Pay zero bonus or 200% bonus, whatever bonus is paid, all the reps should get the same amount.
    A rep in unbias faith can not take claim for her terr doing great nor more than a rep take responsibility for terr doing bad THIS YR IN COVID STAY AT HOME PLAYING W THE KIDS AT THE POOL & HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS.

WHATEVER DIVISION MADE THE DECISION NOT TO PAY REPS AT HOME MOST OF S1 DIFFERENT BONUSES, THEY NEED TO BE CALLED OUT BY NAME & SHAMED FOR POOR JUDGEMENT, DECISION MAKING, ENGAGEMENT & MORAL.
    Even if it is no bonus, treat all stay at home non working reps the same period end of the story!

So now let's out the divisions VPs that made these stupid @$$ decisions!
    Who are they?