BONUS?

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When are we getting bonus? Why is it such a secret?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes-

Next pay check for Aug-Nov. In march for Dec & Jan.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jan 18th

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares. the bonus is so small you will not even notice it in your paycheck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. I guess I know where your territory is ranked.

There are plenty of us that have sold lots of scripts that will be making a nice bonus even in this payout. But The second bonus is what I am excited about because my territory moved up so many spots in December and we get the $10 add on. I still have three weeks in January to make even more.

Despite some of the objections, competition, and obstacles there are alot of people selling alot of this drug. It Just depends if you want to go after it. Some of us are doing what it takes and some are not. Your decision.

I am not saying that you are not trying. You just have to do it the right way.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!!!! Thank-you home office for enlightening us. The top producers make less than a normal training bonus . Top 20% will make less than the usual teen on their 16th birthday. The best part of your above message is how next quarter Vivus is really going to show us the money woo hoo I 'm gonna party like its 1895! Can we get our TSP money added- at least that would pay for my internet and phone bill. Please go back to your office and fix the fax issues. FYI- most in my district are busying calling recruiters and sending out their resumes.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vivus- you have a great product, but you have to make this right with your sales force or you are going to lose a lot of hard working people. Most reps got more money under their pillows from the tooth fairy than they made in this bonus. I am ranked well, but I could have worked 3-4 nights in a restaurant and made this bonus in tips. Instead we all worked countless hours, huge amounts of stress, overnights away from our families and we have dealt with challenges most pharma reps have never experienced- no managed care and fax form. I enjoy my job here and just want to feel appreciated for my talents and years of experience.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto above- I don't see next quarter looking much better! Sad because I agree great product and great reception- poor management pull through.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This bonus is a joke. Ranked in the top 20% and the check doesn't cover the things PDI doesn't pay for. The insurance coverage is mediocre. No $ for home phone or internet? Cell phone not fully covered. Bad, Vivus, Bad.

We have all worked harder than any primary care or speciatly reps in the business. Other reps are laughing at us. Recruiters are calling us. the companies we left are saying I told you so.

The turnover has started and it will get worse after this payout. We were waiting to see if you were going to make this right and you didn't.

Please pay us a fair amount for non-targets. Please pay us a fair bonus for you not forecasting appropriately. You expected a blockbuster launch but you put so few reps on the street with huge territories, picked the wrong targets, and didn't give us marketing tools until 3 months later. Go see your 18s? WRONG. Your fault - not ours. Certified pharmacies losing scripts? That hurt us. Doctors being scared to write after the satellite launch b/c safety/warnings were every other slide? We feel the pain of this. Printing fax sheets every day? Printing program invites every day? That is time away from selling. Making purple folders on our own time (how did you not see this need ahead of time??? We saw day one of training!) and then not being able to take one single day of vacation at Thanksgiving?! All for pennies? This launch was a failure because you gave us lunch money and little else.

Shame on you, Vivus. It's one thing to make a mistake, it's another to ignore the fix that's so easy. Add a zero to the checks. I don't understand how you would pass at the chance to keep the people who you hired by sliding us a "thank you for the effort" check of one or two grand. Instead, you might end up paying to interview, hire and train new people. Right during the launch of a competing product... after several bad decisions, are you going to make a smart move and try to hold onto your people? Or do we not matter?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above poster- Amen!!!! But you reminded me - I tried to block it from my mind- the waste of money on consultants who set up the lunches in the beginning. I think that took the cake and ruined routes for the entire first 3 months.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many are looking?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the hard workers are looking and the slackers are slacking

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many peeps in my Hood are looking and we have several newbies since some already left. Wonder what the turnover rate is?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You took the words right out of my mouth and the mouths of many of my co-workers. I/we have worked our butts off. I've heard two of my co-workers are going on a new job hunt after seeing their bonus payout. I am saddened to see how this played out.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am already very tired of all the taking and the no giving. I really thought this was a different kind of company. It's sad because we have great talent and a great product.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interviewing is fun again!

you can tell stories about all the launch mistakes. the hiring mgrs are shocked at how poor our launch is with this supposed blockbusterr. makes for great interview time and examples of my killer problem solving skills. thanx vivus

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for great advice! I been trying to think how to put a positive spin on going for a contract job w/o any bonus.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this company IS diferent. we will be here 7 months without a decent bonus check. August thru febryary. One check. Hardly. that is very different from every drug company. ask around. Pdi should step up and insist for us.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean one check by Feb- I thought we weren't getting paid until March!!!!! How many are really that motivated? I guess that's why PDI all of a sudden wants Vivus to be able to see our bonus payouts! Can't they just read the dismal deposit ? Makes you scratch your head and say hmmmmmm!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so confusing. Vivus knows our bonus amounts my DM knows. why does there have to be this big process for them to see how much I'm making they know how much I'm making they hired me. they set the salaries and bonus. Vivus: what are you guys doing? You're acting like you've never worked in pharmaceuticals before. But everyone was on stage talking about all of there launches and experience. pay for performance. is home office getting a reduced pay for all their mistakes and we suffer because of your poor execution: PDI VOICE, TDS. Huge waste of time/ $ but i bet the guy who came up with that gets a raise and bonus. and a golden parachute.