Boston BS?

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by Ben Dover, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Guest

is anyone buying Ludwig’s BS on Boston? Does it really make sense either financially or technically?

2. Sounds like a bunch of Fkn horse pucky if you ask me.
    People who are idiotic enough to actually remain employed by this sinking ship should have hopefully learned by now not trust any words that come out of the executive teams/HR 'S PIE HOLES!

Most of all, not LUDWIG's, as he's nothin but some duded-up, egg-sucking gutta trash!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No it doesn't especially due the fact that CT gave this bull shit company a $51 million incentive package to open up the new haven location, half of the money in tax incentives, around 10 million in grants and the rest a loan.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the surface it doesn’t make any sense at all but I can imagine you can make the financials look anywhere you want

Company just built and move to New Haven and spent over 200 million in doing so

They have a building big enough in Lexington Massachusetts just outside Cambridge which is a much more preferred location for many employees in the area

A new location will require additional capital and a right off of the huge number of assets in Connecticut

If it’s about Talent I sort of get it

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The truth is not simple- The unique thing that New Haven brought you was a captive and grateful (varying) workforce. Many of the talented people who did not go to Boston and took the severance did so for a simple reason that will really hurt Alexion. They did not want to go to Boston to start a "New Alexion" whose stock value was played out. The reality of anyone looking for a career is the long term prospects for growth and financial gain. Alexion has no pipeline outside of 1210, and as a result with it trading at such an insane multiple does not have the run of a true biotech start up. Boston/ Cambridge has many of these companies (Complement ED just went to one). So if you are talented and in Boston you will go to a place with upside not ALXN which may have a 20% upside best case but more likely a 10% downside. Also if you are stable in Boston at say a Biogen then why would you leave? The result will be ALXN having to over pay and over title a group of less attractive candidates. The good news is Ludwig and Brian are all in on neuro as it is the only thing they can point too to say "look what we did" so they will over expand this indication and try to mass market orphan disease. This will lead to more RAM opportunities with high bases, I do not see how that is sustainable. In conclusion Boston is more about the new leaders of Alexion trying to put their stamp on the company and less about anything else. The truth is the first complement inhibitor to hit the market will relegate Ecu or 1210 to second line.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How the mighty have fallen. Alexion was once at the top of the biotech game. Now... begging for reps to join? Recruiters sounding like 1970s used car salesmen. Options underwater for the past 3...4 years?

Buyer Beware!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumor has it that they are having difficulty getting people to move to Boston and recruit No there isn’t going so well either. Funny how the new HQ is only close to the new CEO. He seems just as wasteful as the last bunch.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Frankly I think it’s a backfiring smokescreen. I can tell you internally most people do not want to go and it seems that open in Cambridge and Boston do not want to work for Alexion.

Save the money and just killed the project