Breaking into Med Device or Pharma in Florida.

Discussion in 'Pharma Sales Ops - General Discussion' started by anonymous, May 5, 2020 at 12:20 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wanted to go ahead and reach out to see if any of you guys had any advice in regards to this topic. For the past few months, I've been trying to break into the medical device/ pharma industry as an entry-level associate. To no surprise, it's been nothing but a crapshoot for me and I have gotten little to no interviews or even leads for that matter. I graduated in 2015 with a B.S-Health Science. I never really pursued a professional career after college, I took some time off and its 100% my fault. I had ambitions of pursuing PA school right after and I just ultimately decided that it's not something I really wanted anymore, even though I still have the ability to apply. Nonetheless, I've been bartending ever since and have come to the realization that I need to get out of this industry as soon as possible. I have no b2b sales experience at the moment but I firmly believe I have all the skills and qualities to ultimately become a sales rep.

I've reached out to numerous local reps, managers, recruiters from various medical device/pharma companies. Unfortunately, it seems as if nobody is willing or really trying to help you for that matter. The biggest obstacle that I find myself trying to hurdle is making myself look competitive, given that, I lack the tangible attributes of a typical candidate. So my question to you is, What are some roles that you would recommend applying to or seeking out in order to have the best chances of landing an interview with a prospective company? (Ex. Jr Associate, Inside sales). Something that I also thought about was, there are some companies that are now offering me b2b sales experience as a sales rep, but it's obviously not for anything pharma or medical sales related. It's primarily jobs that are in totally different industries. Do you recommend foregoing that route and just keep trying med device/ pharma? I'm just looking for some advice on the best direction to go from here. Anything and everything helps! Thank you!