Brican America

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brican is nothing more than an elaborate Ponzi scheme. I chose to resign prior to closing my first sale. Sure glad I did, I would have burned my client badly. I really could have used those commission dollars, but not at the cost of my reputation.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are a bunch of BUTT PIRATES!!! LIL PANSY WHINING ASS BUTT PIRATES! ARHHHHHHH!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll second that.

"Nothing reveals people more than all their complaints". -me

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imagine someone complaining because they got ripped off for $30,000, how unreasonable. Lets see if Vincens complains when he has 8 inches of cock rammed up his ass when he is in prison.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm an optometrist and in the same boat as you dentists. Has anyone received a letter from Brican describing what they intend to do concerning the non-payment of advertising fees? I've been blowing up their phone and they keep telling me the letter has been sent but I have not seen it yet. I would like my attorney to review it so I can plan what to do next. My attorney wrote Brican a letter telling them they had ten 10 days to pay up or I was exercising the clause that allowed me to get out of the contract due to non-payment. I expect the letter to offer some sort of buy out and at rate well below what they promised. That may work though if I can get the finance company (who is also scared) to accept payment in full at a reduced rate. If anyone has a letter I'd love to see it. Please offer details on here or let me know how to get in touch with you.
    William Hamil

6. I thought I was a trustworthy, hardworking, caring, honest, passionate DDS, that other hardworking honest and caring people came to, to heal their dental health, and in a lot of situations their overall health. Professional people such as myself, think of others the same way..ie: caring, honest, and trustworthy. You see when you know you are trustworthy and honest and would never do something like this to someone else- You believe, whether naively or not, that others that walk into your office and shake your hand, and look you in the eye are honest and trustworthy as well. All you Brican affiliates will have to answer for your deceptions, you will go to dental or med. companies like Schein, or Patterson , or Benco, or Dental city, or any other great, honest, trustworthy company, and one day you will be at a convention or you or your husband will try and sell us a laser for example,, and I pray that someone you sold this system to, recognizes you nat that point, mentions it to his rep. at the company and his superior and gets you fired and blacklisted....Its a small world and I take comfort in knowing IT WILL HAPPEN!!!
    As for Lemarcon and VIncens, and any other Brican flunky rep. who knew this was a scam, I know you will wind up with the Stae DA office at their respective front doors at 7pm with the lights and sirens on, media in tow, and their families watching them get arrested and thrown in JAIL!!!
    I hope everyone in this site or any other like Dentaltown.com, where this is also being discussed, picks up the phone and calls their STATE DA's office on these low-life strunades!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! Hope to see you reeeeaaaalllll soon!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did these leasing companies not know about the entire agreement, Professional solutions had me fax them the entire agreement prior to the lease beginning, and that was back in March 2009!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These leasing companies had to know about the entire agreement. I was asked to send my copy back in april 2009!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read the posts on DentalTown about Brican. Many of the Docs there seem like they did not know until very recently what the true story was about Brican. The other disturbing fact is the level of misunderstanding that many of the doctors have concerning how this "scam" came about. First let me say I am not, nor have I ever been a Brican rep or employee. I have had detailed in depth conversation with a couple of people who did work for Brican. One thing that I have to stress is that, as all the doctors were misled, so were the reps and other employees. There were good sales reps who worked for Brican, who were sold a bill of goods when they were hired. They did not go out and sell this system with the knowledge that it was a scam. They sold it believing it had merit, and that it would benefit the practices that used it. Brican hired mostly very experienced reps, people who would not have made it to that level of their career by being unethical and unsavory. The reps were flat out scammed. The doctors should not blame them. A rep who left a $100K a year job to work for Brican, and there were many, lost many times what the doctors lost. The fact that reps don't call you back is probably more because they are embarrassed that they too were scammed by this company and are ashamed. In my opinion, the original leasing company did not know about the Vizo marketing agreement that was supposed to pay the doctors advertising revenue. If they did know about it, they believed that it was a legitimate marketing agreement. When the leasing company found out that Brican and Vizio were one and the same they realized the huge mistake they made by funding almost 1400 of these Brican leases. They then backed out and sued Brican. The leasing company, in my view was also a victim. The real criminals here are the owners of Brican, I don't think it goes much farther than that. I think if the lease payments agreed upon by the doctors stop being paid, the leasing company will come after the docs, or at least their credit will be effected. From what I understand, 1400 leases, each with a value of about $30K were funded, which means, Paid to Brican by the leasing company. A total of about $42 million dollars was paid out on behalf of the doctors to Brican by the leasing company. The leasing company is stilled owed that $42 Million by the 1400 doctors, doubtful the leasing company will walk away from that much money by just allowing doctors to "opt out" of the lease. This is why the leasing company is suing Brican. The leasing company either did not know Brican and Vizio were one and the same, did not know about the marketing agreement at all, or both. That is my take on this.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The previous poster hit the nail on the head with regard to the situation with Brican. Brican primarily hired reps that already had relationships with dentists that were ongoing.
    To all the docs with a Brican system, DO NOT just stop making your lease payments. Note that the lease you signed was a seperate document, and that is what the leasing company will use to trash your credit. I see on Dentaltown that a number of docs are banding together to go after this with an attorney. Join that group, and act on advice of counsel.
    The leasing companies got hosed on this deal as well. And the Dr.s are left holding the bag.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the nerve this guy has to post the below on Dentaltown. He is talking down to the dentists like they are 5 year olds. Everything is great, no problems, we appreciate the feedback, what a line of bullshit. This guy is either too dumb or just plain ballsy because he posts his picture up there as well. Hopefully the picture that will be taken of him will be a mugshot before he goes to the pen. Check out his post on Dentaltown"

As a vital member of the dental community, we at Brican America appreciate all the feedback being offered by our clients and by those considering purchasing the fully customizable patient education, internal marketing and practice promotion tool, the Exhibeo.

The supportive comments from satisfied clients please us, naturally. Those expressions of dissatisfaction are also helpful and allow us to focus on those areas needing improvement. As the Vice President of Sales I welcome this unfiltered feedback and encourage you to keep the comments coming!

If you require specific attention for a customer service matter, please contact me directly and I'll put you in touch with the people who can address it. My email: sparkins@bricanamerica.com

In the meantime, we invite you all to view the results of a recent Customer Survey we conducted by visiting our homepage at http://www.bricanamerica.com

We wish you all a happy, healthy and joyous Holiday Season.

Steven Parkins
    VP of Sales
    Brican America LLC
    Miami, FL

Steven R Parkins
    VP of Sales
    Brican America LLC
    www.bricanamerica.com
    sparkins@bricanamerica.com
    Direct Line: 786.388.6066
    Miami, FL

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctors, please know that those of us who worked with Brican at the beginning had absolutely no idea of what was going on. A lot of us had dental backgrounds and would never purposely put our relationship or integrity on the line. Everything was approved quickly and everyone was being paid as they were promised, we didn't really know anything was up until June or July. (I quite here when things didn't seem on the up and up) They lied to us about why the lease funding had been lost, and then they found another leasing company so we only knew what Steve was telling us. Not even managers knew what was going on, the owners didn't let anyone know, we all found out on our own from the article that was released in the leasing news. No one was part of this scam except the owners, think about the Dentists who did seminars all over the country and talked Dentists into using the product. Do you think they were part of a scam? We were actively involved in the dental community, we were at local and regional dental shows. We were part of study groups, had doctors backing the product, we all thought everything was going well with the company and its product. The Doctor in the above post should not wish ill of the rep they worked with, we are just as much the victim as you. For you to think we had part in this would be crazy, when I worked there everyone was being paid and I heard nothing but positives. Your suggestion that we are to blame would be like saying reps who sell for pharma and the drug they represent has negative effects on the patient that they should be to blame. Or that dealers who sell Toyotas should be personably responsible for their issues going on with their brakes. I know there is a lot of negativity right now but lets not get our of control with the accusations and blame. There are a lot of good people affected by this, many people left good jobs to come and work for Brican and are now unemployed. I am truly sorry for what has happened to all involved, I can only hope that 2010 will bless all of us.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice thought,BUT VERY HARD TO SWALLOW< HOOK LINE < AND SINKER> WHY?, you ask, because if that were true and you left in june or july when you saw the PREVERBIAL HIT THE FAN, WHY NOT WARN YOUR DOCS, MOST OF THEM DIDN'T EVEN RECEIVE THE SYSTEM, MUCH LESS, GET ALL THE EQUIPMENT SETUP BY THEN, YOU'RE SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE WITH WONDERFUL SCRUPLES, MY *SS. THE COMMISIONS WERE BIG AND YOU PUSHED THE ENVELOPE TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS....WE WILL MEET AGAIN AND RETURN THE FAVOR. YOU ARE A SORRY GROUP OF REPS, LEAVE THE HEALTH FIELD BECAUSE IF I EVER FOUND OUT SOMEONE WORKED FOR BRICAN IN MY BUSINESS, I'D CAN 'EM!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is somebody attempting to organize an action against Brican? If so, please provide the information on who to contact to proceed or join such action. If the person attempting to establish this group of aggrieved doctors does not feel comfortable placing their personal email on this blog, please create an alternative email on yahoo! for this purpose only.

I am in the same situation as the many of you whom have explained their unfortunate stories. I currently have forwarded my information to the New York Attorney General's Office, and am awaiting their instructions on criminal prosecution.

Please provide the information on this group. It is important to stick together because it will allow much lesser legal fees, and keep the attention of the New York AG to prosecute these criminals after this all resolves.

Please let me know about who to contact with the group.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do know that there are a number of optometrists around the country that are looking to organize a class action suit. There are several internet sites where this info can be found. For anyone who is affected by this, I encourage you to do some research and find one of these groups.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all people involved in the Brican Contract and the Contract for Professional Solutions Financial Services:

I just received a letter today (2/17) from Brican that states the following.

a) no advertising money will be forthcoming, period.
    b) they will not take back their equipment, period.
    c) they demand that I pay the leasing company $500 a month, period.

I have already written to the Attorney General in the states of New York and Florida. I obtained the mailing address through google. Their addresses are:

1) Office of the Attorney General
    State of Florida
    The Capitol Pl-01
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

2) Office of the Attorney General of the State of New York
    120 Broadway
    New York, NY 10271

I also suggest a class action lawsuit. In that way, our costs for attorneys will be absolutely minimal. United we stand, divided we fall.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm one of the dentists who is being hung out to dry by Brican and Viso Lasik. Any advice out there as to what legal actions to take? Is there a lawyer involved on behalf of the dentists who have been affected by this?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would consider going after the leasing company. The leasing company is suing Brican because they anticipate the doctors not paying the leases. My first thought would be to contact the leasing company, try to negotiate a settlement which allows you to get out of the lease, if they don't want to do that, I'd go after them. It could be argued that the leasing company did not perform their due diligence in regard to Brican. They either knew about the side deal with Vio Lasik and did not care it was a bogus deal, or they did not know because they did not look into Brican deep enough. Both scenarios could make them liable. Problem with a class action lawsuit against Brican is that the class members-the docs-would have to stand in line after the $38 million lawsuit by the leasing company against Brican. Does anyone think Brican has any assets? I think an individual lawsuit in a the state the dispute took place is the way to go. Let Brican defend each lawsuit individually, much harder to do.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I think that going after Brican/Viso will be satisfying, but not result in use getting our money. Only the leasing company can do that and I don't see how they couldn't be liable.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leasing company is suing Brican because they fully expect doctors NOT to pay leases because of the cessation of the visio lasik revenue to the doctors. The leasing company will not have any damages if the doctors PAY their leases as agreed. The whole idea behind the leasing company suing Brican is that the leasing company knows the doctors WILL stop paying. It is an anticipatory lawsuit, the losses have not yet been realized. Let the leasing company take the loss-doctors settle with leasing company to get out of leases-then let leasing company collect their $38 Million from Brican. That is how I look at it.