Brican America

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Professional Solutions has a lot more to lose than these lease payments. Their reputation is on the line. Maybe a boycott of Professional Solutions by dentists and other health professionals will influence their attitude?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our office signed up with Brican last December. The leasing company is "Brican Financial Services, LLC".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't pay them. That was an inhouse deal. No outside leasing company. Also if you purchased your system from a Brican Rep who was an independent contractor you may be able to hold them responsible and sue them also. They do not fall under the corporate umbrella.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there any doctors here who are serious about pursuing legal action? There is much more strength in a class action and it appears as if the leasing company was not as ignorant of Brican's dealings as the are making themselves out to be.
    I have had an attorney look into this, he states that there is at least the appearance of collusion between Brican and the leasing company. This would be enough to get the suit going, but I need info re: other doctors involved.
    Please post here if you are a doctor holding one of these leases and if you are interested in pursuing legal action.
    Thanks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Brican for about 6 months (which is higher than the corporate average for a rep at that outfit). I got a call from one of the dentists I sold a system to - he told me he has not been getting his advertising money, so I did a littler homework - which lead me to this message board. And I am sickened by what I have read here.

There are several ways Brican has screwed the people who trusted them. I am no attorney, but I hope there are legal grounds to send these bastards to jail.

They screwed the leasing company - $38M lawsuit.

They screwed the Docs - $500 lease payment.
    When I went through the Brican training in Miami, the biggest question I had was - "What if the Lasik Center goes out of business?" I was trained by Brican Corporate to say, "Brican would buy out the remainder of the lease if Viso did not hold up their end of the advertising agreement." Apparently - from the docs I have talked to (and their lawyers) that is not the case.

Most importantly to me - they screwed the sales reps.
    When you are in sales - you're only as good as your word. I have been a top producer (Multiple Awards/President's Clubs) for several companies. And the people I went through training were top-notch sales professionals.
    There are now hundreds - maybe thousands - of hardworking sales people who will never be able to sell to the dental industry again. I appreciate that the dentists were stuck with big leases - and it is horrible. But these sales people (myself included) have worked for years to build a reputation and a list of docs we could consider friends - and that is all gone.

I hope you rot in jail.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See - that's crap. It's Ok for you to be fooled by Brican - but not the sales rep?
    Yes - a sales person sells things to get paid. But the docs signed up to get the free system. Admit it - that's why you signed up. Doctor and Sales Rep were sold the same story and we both got burned. Now you have a lease and I have a list of dentists that hate me...we're both screwed by Brican.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am another optometrist in the middle of this Brican debacle. I am definitely interested in pursuing legal action, but I'm unsure of where to turn. My lease is through Brican Financial, LLC and not Professional Solutions since Professional Solutions had already stopped doing business with Brican last April-May when I signed on. Has anyone contacted anyone to get a class-action suit rolling?
    I contacted my rep who is no longer with Brican (surprise, surprise) to verify that they were instructed to push the Viso agreement in order to sell the lease. I also verified with the rep that they were told that other advertising agreements were forthcoming from a number of other companies. They were told to inform doctors that these additional agreements would cover the lease in full and then some.
    If you took the time to read the entire deposition by the Brican owner in the current Professional Solutions lawsuit, you'll see that he stated definitively (under oath) that there were no and had never been plans for advertising agreements with anyone except Viso. The reps had been fed bogus information to sell more product. Plain and simple. We were intentionally deceived by those that run this sham of a company.
    If anyone has information about collective action against Brican, please post so that we can all get in contact with the proper people.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, as a dentist who not only was misled, but had the unforunate experience of referring Brican to my colleagues/friends who are now also left holding the bag, I would like any information on a class action suit. Any ideas to whom to direct these inquiries. Thanks

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once the advertising money runs out, how do you think the docs will think of you? I doubt you will ever sell into dentist's offices again. If you have been there 2 years, you have over 100 systems installed. Imagine what the doc are saying about you - the ones who called their friends and got them involved. I would imagine they all hate you - or they will shortly.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen Dopey - I have a long list of sales awards and former managers/VP's who I reported to that all consider me an outstanding sales professional. That is a big difference between "Sales" jobs and this bullshit from Brican.
    Another thing you may want to consider - one thing that separates Microsoft or Birkshire/Hathaway (along with about a million other things) from Brican is - those companies have been around for many years, and will be around for years to come.
    Brican won't see 2011, except in court.
    Threats about lawsuits over chatboards are just another strong-arm tactic (like forcing a dentist to sign a $30K lease in an hour). Crooked, crooked, crooked.
    And everyone sees it. Do you even believe this crap when you write it?
    Shove your soap box up your ass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Brican America lawsuit

If you are a doctor who holds one of these leases, please email me at brican2010@gmail.com
    I am trying to get an idea of how many doctors are affected and if there is enough interest in pursuing legal action. I am a doctor who has a lease and I have been told by my attorney that a class action is the best way to go. Please contact me and give this contact information to any of your colleagues who have Brican leases.
    Thanks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LISTEN FOLKS; MOST OF THE SALES REPS WERE HARD WORKING PEOPLE WHO LOVED THE PRODUCT BUT NOT THE LYING BASTARDS WHO RAN THE COMPANY. EVERY TIME WE WOULD ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE SALES TACTICS OR TOLD A DOCTORS ATTY HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE AGREEMENT WE WERE TOLD TO ASK THE DR IF HE TRUST HIMSELF OR HIS ATTY. WHO IS PAID. WE WERE TOLD WE WERE STUPID AND JUST TO GO GET DUMB ASS DOCTORS TO SIGN DEALS. THIS COMPANY BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE SALES REPS DAILY. THE OWNER IS SCUM, HIS VP OF SALES IS WORSE THAN SCUM AND HIS ZONE MANAGERS WHO MADE 100K A MONTH WILL GO TO HELL BECAUSE THEY ALL LIED TO US. WE REPS TRUSTED THESE PEOPLE AND WE ALL SUGGEST YOU ALL START TOE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. SORRY WE DRANK THE COOL AID,

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALL THESE POSTS BY PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WORKED FOR BRICAN AND WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT IT IS ETC. DON'T BE FOOLED ITS BEING WRITTEN BY STEVE PARKINGS...A CLASSLESS PERSON. THIS COMPANY LIED TO THEIR EMPLOYEES, LEASING COMPANIES AND CUSTOMERS.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this, if anyone knows Parkins, his name is written all over the PR0-Brican entries. His were all the posts with the little yellow emoticon clapping above his head. What you said about the reps getting brow-beaten if we asked any questions is also true. In my case, it actually got me fired because I wouldn't settle for their bullshit answers when I went to bat for my customers who were not getting paid by Viso/Brican. Now the dentists who we forged relationships with hate us, and a simple google search by prospective employers looking up Brican(on our resume) is going to make us a pariah to said prospective employers. LIVING THE DREAM!!! I'm Ron Burgundy....... GO FUCK YOURSELF BRICAN AMERICA!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree about the superiority of the Brican system. We switched to eyestartv last year and it is far better, more customizable, and way cheaper. The quality of the videos trumps anything else on the market and it is personalized for our clinic. There are NO leases involved and we own the equipment! I control what products and services I want to promote and I arrange co-op funds with the various vendors.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just heard there was a zone manager who made 30-70(k) a month? Maybe he was an independent contractor which makes him personally liable for selling a bogus lease deal. By law you cannot encourage someone to sign a lease by offering them an incentive payment. I just learned this from my attorney. I'll be attempting to find out this guys name for everyone.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So far, we've heard from the dentists and optometrists.

Brican also marketed units to chiropractors, podiatrists and apparently veterinarians.

Are we aware of other speciality groups that may be ensnared in this scheme?

We should compile a list of all leaseholders, perhaps at the busy discussion area at the Googlegroups site, and make them aware of the potential upcoming litigation.

Reps: who did you sell these units to? What professions are using them?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is someone aware of an area for discussion or a list of those affected? I am a doctor who holds one of these leases and would like to help organize this and certainly want to be part of it.
    Thanks!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brican Corporation is a Canadian company run by a good guy Laurent Goldstein. He has been in business for 15 years sells to Chiro, Vet, and Pods. No bogus advertising deal. He is now forced to change the name of his company due to the piece of shit in Miami. www.bricancorp.com

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How could it be that the two companies have the same logo, sell the same product and in fact, my system sold through the US office (for an optometrist) was shipped from Canada?

How does Jean-Francois "Jeff" Vincens fit into this mystery? Was he once part of Brican Canada and went postal in the US?

If Mr. Goldstein is also a victim, please let us know. There are thousands of chiros, vets and pods who are getting very nervous.

OTOH, is it possible that Mr. Goldstein's company could help the thousands of apparently abandoned OD and dentists south of the border?