Brican America

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dentists are dentists, not lawyers or sales people, so many of them do not understand the corporate sales/marketing game. Those of us in that world understand that we are not liable for what we sell. If a dentist is dumb enough to come after the reps let them. Any good lawyer will go after the party who has the most chance of collecting a settlement. In this case that is clearly the leasing company. If the dentists in this case where serious about taking on this issue they would partner with the reps and use their experience, documents and expertise to assist in winning a judgment against Brican or their leasing company. Instead they blame us, and think they are going to intimidate us. If a doctor were to sue me as a 1099 rep, I would just as quickly counter sue him for vexatious litigation. I have been a sales rep in dental for many years. It is a professional career, that requires a college education, years of lower paying sales positions, and ethics. No one knowingly would sell a scam to the dentists. The sale reps knew nothing about the scam, and when it became apparent that Brican was a scum bag operation people left. I know a guy who left a very well paying, ethical sales career because he bought into the Brican corp. BS line. He is now unemployed and his family has no health care. So, you dentists may have lost $30k or so sales reps lost many times that. How you can accuse them of being a part of the scam makes no sense at all. They lost everything-job, career, healthcare, all benefits. They'd be happy to only loose $30K.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thousands of dentist's bought in to Brican. I can tell you with certainty that few if any of the reps were aware of the shenanigans behind the scenes.

The ones that became aware rapidly left the company.

Also note that those reps signed NDA's with Brican, and Brican does have Attys.

Like the dentist, the reps were sold a "bill of goods".

And many of them were hurt far more than being stuck with a 30 K lease.

Not to mention a 30K lease on equipment that still works and can generate addl. procedures for the Doc. Despite the shenanigans the product does work.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One question, if anyone is willing to spill the beans.

When the $23,000 lease payment came in, how much went to the rep?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were different compensation plans out there. Some reps were 1099 some were direct employees. The 1099 people got about 6%, of the selling price. Hardly enough to destroy ones relationships with. Brican got 94% of the proceeds.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dr or Attorney, how does the answer to how much reps earned help in any way?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone tell me if Viso even exists? Is it real or is that a sham too?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

https://www.visolasikmedspas.com/

Maybe the lawyers want to contact them. Seems as if they have only four locations, hardly would make sense to be advertising on 1500 dentist waiting rooms through out the US. Local advertising would probably be sufficient.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yah great system. A $ 2 system. Not one Doctor would have signed that lease if it wasn't for the scamming Reps. pushing the check from Viso. Do you reps remember saying "you have nothing to lose" or "It's a win win situation" or how about "Your are a Dentist in business for yourself, you don't need anyone else making your decisions for you" Ring a bell you faulty salesmen? If you hadn't said all the lies, we would not have signed. Rot in every place you deserve to rot. What goes around comes around and it will hit you twice as hard when it does. You scam artists, if you all supposedly knew something was wrong and you had red flags, why didn't you all call the fellow Healthcare professionals you befriended? Shame on every one of you!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 and no they are real. They are just a front for this whole operation(SCAM). Even the so called Specialsits are nowhere to be found apparently. I tried one week ago. Nada. Those Medspas are Brican. It was just their front. the company is owned by Brican itself.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please Do.... We are waiting to hear more. We too have been scammed and lied to. We would not have bought into the program if the rep had not continued to promise and guarantee the check from Viso. Total Scam. We also know many that are interested in joining your group. We are all anxiously waiting to hear from you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give me a break!! If you purchased the system its because you saw value,... its easy for you to fault now, in hindsight. All these sales pitches are just horrible huh? Never buy a car, furniture, insurance etc..you might hear the ¨lies¨ again! If you didnt want to sign..you shouldnt have.period.no one forced you.Take some responsibility.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Viso exists....Vincents owned the whole thing and brought in this optometrist as a front guy who lost a bundle? He never thought the economy would tank and lasik would cost $500 instead of $1500. He banked on the referrals from dentists offices. Good concept bad timing.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess this doctor does not know what free will is? He was under duress when he signed the contract? I suppose his "treatment Coordinator" who sells procedures to patients should also be liable when you botch a procedure? Too many people can't accept responsibility for their own actions. I know a Brican rep, he is a super respectable guy, clean background, no drugs, perfect credit, college educated. No one can tell me he knew the scam. hey Doc the bottom line is that reps don't need to scam people, we have no problems finding high paying positions. You have spent your whole life in your little dental office, you have no clue what its like to work in the corporate world, or even to have to find a job for that matter. Don't criticize the people who scammed because I guarantee these poor guys lost a lot more than you did. You'll make your $30K back and still be able to pay your bills make your mortgage, keep the lights on. These poor bastards left great paying, 100K + jobs, with huge benefits, and are now unemployed collecting unemployment. A scam is a scam, these reps trusted Brican to do the right thing and to tell the truth. No one told them from the beginning this was going to end this way. Give people more credit. There are plenty of horrendous dentists out there, as there are sales people, but to group an entire sales team together and call them unethical is just wrong, you are uninformed in this case. Very uninformed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps were trained to say all that crap. The good ones figured it out and left. We were w-2's and signed an NDA and could have been and still could be sued. We were brainwashed, they made us listen to tapes to memorize and even had a professional trainer from FLA> work with us on all of this. Mace Horoff I think was his name.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former rep. who has all the tapes they made us listen to. The guy speaking was one of the executive managers from Canada I think. Give me your email and I will send them to you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. Please forward them to the ADA and the CDA and Dentaltown. They have all been informed and would love to have those tapes. As we all want this to be a little more private, If I had your email adress I would email you mine.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former rep I can tell you that we all signed NDA's and I've seen their attorney send out warnings to other ex reps
    ..You could all get sued on various levels when leaking such items. Food for thought..

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reps who were involved with this fiasco, and want to help out the other victims-i.e. the doctors, should do so in a manner that does not expose them to potential lawsuits from Brican or the doctors. However trivial or baseless such lawsuits maybe they could be expensive to defend. If anyone provides information or documents to doctors do so in an anonymous manner. Posting anything on Dentaltown requires a login which could provide identifying information-to both doctors who think they can sue the reps and Brican who is also threatening. Send documents through the mail, no return address. Let the Drs or lawyers provide the mailing address to send these to.
    With the doctors threatening to sue the reps, I would be extremely cautious in helping any of them if it means additional hardship. The Brican reps have been destroyed already. These posts requesting information could just be bait from unscrupulous doctors or Brican directly.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree too, leave it alone or you will be dragged into this unwittingly, the docs and lawyers don't need your "help"
    The documents they have in hand are sufficient enough to pursue their goals. All this voluntary help will hit you in the face later. My advice, get a new job and move on!! If you look for trouble it'l find ya!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: BriSCAM

Just following the money.

If the commission was 20% or 30%, we would know where a lot of cash went. At 6%, there is still a lot of cash in the BriSCAM account, unless Mr. Vincens has shipped it all offshore. The feds are very good at following every cent, where ever in the world it ended up.

Interesting to hear that the training tapes were from Canada. BriSCAM Canada is trying to distance itself from BriSCAM USA. The more we hear, they are very much interconnected.

If Mr. Goldstein from BriSCAM Canada can personally intervene, he may be able to save his company. These guys with the same logos, same products, same suppliers seem to be much too much the same.

Looking forward to some clarification.