Bring Back David

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Oct 3, 2017 at 8:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology is dying with the inept leadership. Bruno is killing this once great company. Bring back David. The Global leadership team is also clueless- I hate working here now. They are now bringing people back from Basel from Gen Meds
    They will have to buy someone next year

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology is over-hyped. From the BMJ:

Results From 2009 to 2013, the EMA approved the use of 48 cancer drugs for 68 indications. Of these, eight indications (12%) were approved on the basis of a single arm study. At the time of market approval, there was significant prolongation of survival in 24 of the 68 (35%). The magnitude of the benefit on overall survival ranged from 1.0 to 5.8 months (median 2.7 months). At the time of market approval, there was an improvement in quality of life in seven of 68 indications (10%). Out of 44 indications for which there was no evidence of a survival gain at the time of market authorisation, in the subsequent postmarketing period there was evidence for extension of life in three (7%) and reported benefit on quality of life in five (11%). Of the 68 cancer indications with EMA approval, and with a median of 5.4 years’ follow-up (minimum 3.3 years, maximum 8.1 years), only 35 (51%) had shown a significant improvement in survival or quality of life, while 33 (49%) remained uncertain. Of 23 indications associated with a survival benefit that could be scored with the ESMO-MCBS tool, the benefit was judged to be clinically meaningful in less than half (11/23, 48%).

Conclusions This systematic evaluation of oncology approvals by the EMA in 2009-13 shows that most drugs entered the market without evidence of benefit on survival or quality of life. At a minimum of 3.3 years after market entry, there was still no conclusive evidence that these drugs either extended or improved life for most cancer indications. When there were survival gains over existing treatment options or placebo, they were often marginal.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed! This pile of poo is really smelly these days... it's getting harder to miss the land mines...Where are the true leaders? I am blown away at how poorly this BU is being managed. Buy some one?? really? please, No! Our $tock price is horrible. I know we are cash rich as a whole, but who in the world would be buy... I don't want another soul in my same geography!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bruno is a turd who doesn’t know shit other than politics. Fucking joke egged on by Ameet Malik. They are both going to bring oncology down and we will lose all our stock value.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest