Bristol's Oncology Failures

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Dec 20, 2016 at 1:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sprycel was the last oncology small molecule approval in 2007, almost a 10 year drought for the oncology R&D group.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bristol has fallen behind laggards like J&J in small molecule oncology drugs and is totally out-classed by Roche, Novartis and Pfizer.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS Oncology management and decisions is out classed by every other oncology company.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are those oncology pods working for you guys? As a BMS outsider but an oncology insider, I feel for you guys. I can not imagine working in pods. Seems like a really dumb move. Does your leadership not understand the difference between primary care and oncology?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's working great in our district. The teams that work well together are extremely effective. Are you not aware that all of the competing IO companies work in pods as well? It's not specific to BMS. You must have been one of the reps that shit the bed in the interview process. Good luck with that valuable "insider" information you have, it seems to be working for you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

An oncology insider wow.. so concerned with our structure that you just had to come on here and post. Thanks bro

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is sooooo funny! Nope, didn't interview. Get over yourself. I am off all week and just a little bored now that my Xmas get togethers are over. I just thought I would ask, that's all. Since I work for a REAL oncology company (Genentech) I am getting annoyed by how many BMS reps show up in my cancer centers and hospitals. It's not helping access, that's for sure. I like some of your reps in my area. I feel bad that experienced oncology reps had this BS expansion thrown on them. Honestly, I just wondered what the long term BMS oncology reps thought. Maybe you are one of the "newbies" who is relieved to finally break into oncology after working in PC all of your career. Based on your responses, it sounds like it is going GREAT! Ha, ha.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It must really bother you that BMS has biggest cancer breakthrough medicine of the 21st century. Sucks that this primary care company is dominating oncology ..

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"My cancer centers and hospitals." What a complete douche

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dominating oncology? Hilarious!!! You know Genentech pulled in $21 billion with the three big dogs in cancer treatment, right? After launching in 2014, Opdivo pulled in $1.58 billion in the first half of 2016. Not a bad showing but nothing like $21 billion. Not to mention, competition in the PD-1 space is growing. Some industry analysts are even referring to the PD-1 therapies as "overrated". Just because you have one decent drug doesn't make you a leader in oncology. But, keep drinking the BMS koolaid and stroking your own ego, pod player.

By the way, how do you guys manage to dodge one another out there? Do you each work just one day a week? John works Monday. Becky works Tue. Sally on Wed. Jim Bob on Thur and Ginger finishes out the week on Fri. LMAO.

You understand you are a laughing stock in oncology, right?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like the Gene transgender got her skirt in a wad. It's ok Ms Genie, if you get stressed, Gene has set up a safe place for you. Obviously BMS is taking market share from you or you wouldn't be on here crying like you are.
    By the way, your office access is lacking because of the arrogance of you and your 6 team pod. Offices hate Genentech reps.
    Now get to your safe place. Gene is now offering you transgenders free PD therapy. (puppy dog therapy). Buubye.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally the response I expected from a redneck Trump supporter. You know, someone who has diarrhea of the mouth, with no supporting facts.

Ain't it huntin' season? You gotta get your gun, get out there, and shoot some deer. Get 'er done!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every time I see a message or post like this I just shake my head and thank got the election ended the way it did. I cannot imagine people like you having the upper hand any longer. Get over the results and move on with your miserable life.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This guy totaly shit the bed during BMS interviews. Go clean yourself bro. Sniff sniff.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanctimonious twit! Oncology reps are special? Hahahahaha! Real tough "selling" a pre sold drug to greedy oncology docs who see only more profit from dying patients. Face if asshole, they know more about your drug and know it sooner than you do.
    So lose the superior attitude, it's completely unfounded and makes you sound much dumber than you really are.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't have a dog in this fight since I left the oncology field a few years back but I am still going to throw out what i know to be fact: oncology access is one of, if not THE worst of the speciality areas. I don't see how a company sending multiple reps into offices where access already stinks is doing anyone any favors.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

because management is stupid. We have lied on our calls so adding idiot reps from PC to the POD who can't spell Oncology only increases our chance of going into an office once a year. 6 is to damn many.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's nice to finally see some honesty on this thread. So many people here are living in denial if they think this pod model is going to work. It's a mess. I don't care how great this drug is because the current model sucks. But, I have a feeling some people are just trying to pretend we need this many reps because they don't want to lose their job. That makes you losers look even more pathetic.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is literally 12 Oncology Genentech reps with in my territory. And they wine like babies about access. Get over yourself.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More than 2 reps per product is too much. Offices do complain. Glad I'm Heme ITS. Access is an issue, regardless of pharma company, industry wide.