BSX/Preventice/Ecardio Takeover

Discussion in 'Cardionet' started by anonymous, Aug 7, 2015 at 9:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any thoughts on the new arrangement with these companies? Sounds like a total domination coming to the space.
    Market share takeover in the making?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who knows anything knows, Ecardio is a lagging bottom of the market company. Boston is looking to capture devices upstream, this has been tried several ways in the past and failed. This will be like many other CRM ventures misguided and short lived. MDT is falling on its face as we speak with Seeq which no one wants. You would think both companies would have chosen a better device to enter this market with.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they chose what was cheapest and it's the cheapest for a reason.....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

doesnt leave too many players left for St. Jude to buy - who will be the next to go?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, it is nothing like the one CN has coming out in the next month or two.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean year or two right?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

should be a really bad 18month experiment.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Starting to eat your words yet? We need to do something new. I'm losing my largest system to this 'bad experiment'.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your losing due to CN issues, not any amazing competition.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you guys heard of their HF platform? I'm losing a 5 hospital system to them because they're promising that they will be involved in their HF trial. It looks like a pretty slick device actually. Our leaders haven't shared anything which helps me.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously, do you think these ass clowns will share anything? The only thing thats being shared is the gin

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are they even using the device as a monitor? Is it telemetry or some crappy event like SeeQ. The HF part is new but the patch will have to be a good monitor or it will be cooly received by anyone looking for good data, and not just some fancy gizmo. Are they using it for event and telemetry, holter? or are they also giving patients old Ecardio trash for events?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I've heard it's a telemetry patch which is being linked to a smartphone platform incorporating a couple other diagnostic devices. I guess they've been showing it around because my academic centers are very interested. Not sure what's going on with the Boston Scientific deal but if they're going to mess them up I hope they do it soon. They're gaining traction in my area.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Form what is being said the reports are crap. Its is not indicated as a Holter so the device must not have the capability to detect at that level. So just like SEEQ it is a fancy upped king of hearts. So the Heart Failure part is new and different, but we will have to see the compliance rate etc. I don't see this monitor taking over, it will be tried but once docs see the reports they will move on.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I've had a different reaction from my docs in my largest account; they're liking the device because of patient compliance. I think you're right; it's not holter but telemetry and event only, but the docs think the reports look great and are about to include ventricular ectopy burden, so I'm having to work hard to keep business.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone had better pay close attention to Preventice/eCardio. The technology is new, accepted and liked everywhere, plus their reports are unbelievably good according to the KOL's I know. Look for them to take a major stake in the market once BSX sales and marketing kicks in. Those who say they are a bottom end company don't know anything about the company nor the industry and yet they spew off on here sounding like the morons and losers they really are. The HF aspect is soundly an asset and represents a big piece of their offering. Competitors get ready to loose a lot of business.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true. This company relies so much on the past. I hear others in my region spew off the same shit about our reports and Burden. Its always the same tune. I would agree that we once had something spectacular but as years pass on, so has technology. Its our competitors who are constantly updating their technology and believe it or not, there are physicians who find this newer technology favorable to their practice. we rest our morales on older reports, older devices etc etc. Yet others will continue to believe our patch device will be the next coming of Christ.
    This is why you continue to see our top performers jump ship. We have no captain in charge other than Captain Morgan.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if they are going to included ectopy burden/count is this not working like a holter? It will be interesting to see if they offer the patch for all patients or just for vip accounts and give the smaller accounts Verite event monitors for the EM patients? I think everyone knows the issue with two piece devices with bluetooth etc. Also the patient is still charging two units, like everyone else. So yes it is a patch, but as far as compliance they still are charging two units so I guess I am missing the point? Don't you think they would have PVC counts already if they could provide that? It will be interesting to see how they approach the market as whole, you have the old ecardio folks who preferred offering EM to all patients and now they are with this new company with a new Telemetry device, so who knows?