BSX to Aquire AMS

Discussion in 'American Medical Systems' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2014 at 5:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't disagree with this post and I am with ams. The thought of coming to a website and bitching about your company so the competition can read it is just stupid. Although I doubt any leadership reads CP

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So does anyone know what is planned for the GreenLight BPH division? Last I heard it was not part of the BSX acquisition which doesn't surprise me. The laser division doesn't fit in with the core BSX implant business and doesn't fit in with the core Endo pharma business. Does anyone know what is going on there? There are other uses for a powerful laser besides BPH and might be a valuable asset to the right client.

To those who want to insult the whole thread, give it a break. If AMS did not have problems this thread would not exist. And you can be sure that some of the higher executives do monitor it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aside from all the negativity, the Endo stock has taken off since Rajiv took over and BSX stock is also doing well lately.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say what you want, this company is still a very good place to work with some very talented people. - chris

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, we do read the boards. We also have Julie-Beth doing a weekly digest of them which gets sent to the ELT. The ELT is committed to creating better engagement and so all of your feedback matters to us.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which is one reason why AMS is circling the drain. A Vice president, going to a rumor mill website, who then puts her editorial spin on the posts and then sends her editorial to the ELT?

OMG. This person is STEALING a paycheck.

I read and filter these posts. The humorous ones are great. The problems have been problems for many years and have gone unaddressed for many years and for the record just under 7 years for me at ams.

BTW i've spoken to the BSX locals and there is some excitement about IPPs. JB you can tell this to Dev and Camille. In case they didnt know....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely unrelated. S&P500 up since Rajiv took over as well. But the Rajivs approach is like valeants. Buy companies via a leveraged approach, strip the R&D, milk the profits, dump nonperforming assets (hello AMS).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be a fun meeting to attend. A bunch of hens cackling about who wrote which post and then silently looking around the room wondering which person in the meeting is doing the most posting.

What a good use of company resources. Paying people to discuss gossip. I do not believe Boston has a team of dedicated hens who devote their time to filtering out the thousands of posts and then stack ranking them to produce a report that the executive leadership team addresses in a 3-4 day offsite meeting in Phoenix. I can almost see Camille and Dev on the massage table looking at each other discussing why IPP sales are flat or discussing the merits of a coloplast merger and then each asking for a happy ending.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now that was funny.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be good news for the laserscope business as BSX bought a German urology laser company last year, Starmedtec which will be a good fit with the Greenlight business. Though the bulk of the deal was obviously MH, WH is dead in the water.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's out when BSX takes over?

Entire leadership team?

How does sales consolidate?

Can BSX fix this?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's out? The real question is how many survive? Not many.

RMs? All Gone. No need. Today or when BSX runs the ship.

Leadership team? Golden parachutes to stick around for 1 year are typically given. So they will be around for a year, exercise their stock options and bail with a lot of money. Camille just cashed $4.3 Million in Endo options on March 10th. How much did you get?

Sales: BPH, gone. Mens health? Like BSX they work side by side the docs, the stay and take on a few more products in the bag. 150 BSX urology reps in field. The AMS team will be forced to give away their cars as well. Total comp is greater at BSX but if you can sell you are toast.

Home office: Ghost town.
    Laserscope employees in SJ,CA? Safe for now, until they are moved to BSX facility in bay area, then duplicate employees will be Rifd.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget us over here in Women's Health.

Oh wait, that's right, BSX didn't buy us. So we'll just sit here waiting for someone, anyone to buy us.

Think we have much of a future? Doubtful but please take our leadership with you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our leaders said we have a great future. Im sure we will be fine.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be awful if the Baxter idiots would stick around to run women's health for whatever investors buy it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet our leaders will take the womens health team private.

They make a lot of money and have friends in private equity that will trust our current EMT to lead us to the promised land. nothing like putting your own skin in the game. Im sure private equity looks at womens health and says- undervalued, thriving, great products, litigation risk is over, great culture, best is yet to come.

No brainer. Listen for the announcement on april 1.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I waited for the announcement but all i found was an ad on craigslist.

"Chicago based CEO of MN based women's health device company seeks buyer for large number of personalised and customised men's shirts/ women's blouses. Would prefer not to sell but need dollars to enable leveraged management buyout of company"

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilliant. Simply, brilliant. Maggie Beth and the hens in tonka will have a good time sharing this one with the EMT.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Goodbye old friend.
    It has been a good ride.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many of the greenlight reps went with Boston? Was the severance good? Wishing I didnt go to bard.