Burning feet

Discussion in 'Fitness and Nutrition' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just started jazzercise classes last week and my feet are killing me. The balls burn like fire after about 3 minutes. Before you tell me to get decent shoes, I have new aerobic shoes and have loaded them with gel inserts in the balls of the feet as well as the heels. My heels are fine, although I do have heel spurs.

But the balls of my feet are KILLING ME. Any suggestions?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had the same problem.

I liberally applied some Preparation-H to my feet and it worked great. The burning vanished!

Not saying it would work for everyone. Not even recommending it for you. Just saying what worked for me.

Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What prompted you to try Prep H? I'll try it, hell I'll try anything.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My sister and I walk together for fitness and she also has this problem. SHe has discovered that if she eats a banana the night before and moring of our walks, it help eliminate the pain. She has concluded it must be the potassium. Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I was just thinking one day that if my Prep-H could stop the burning in my ass maybe it would work on my feet too. Sure, some might call that 'stinkin' thinkin' - but I'll be damned if it didn't help. But you might run it past your doc and determine why your feet burn. It could be undiagnosed diabetes - or many other possibilities. Good luck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How tight are you tying your shoes? Seriously, this happened to me and I loosened my shoelaces a bit and it really helped.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a banana for your sister to eat. What is her number and does she have big cones?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She has huge cones. She also weighs about 350 lbs. Have fun.

9. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

If the ball of your foot feels like it is burning, get some metatarsal foam pads and put them in your shoes just at the place the ball of your foot starts. The reason could be the fact that the metatarsals are not getting any support. You can get these at any shoe store that specialized in shoe inserts. They cost about $4.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were all waitng for the response from the Cp "Know it all".

11. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

If you're so smart, why didn't YOU have an answer? Or are you the one who wrote about not tying the shoes so tight?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your feet burn because you are too fat.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Possible degenerative disc disease with or without herniation at L4-L5, L5-S1.

Nerves in spine get pressed from impact and feet burn.

14. fpete1110F

fpete1110F Guest

I can fully sympatize with anyone who suffers from burning feet. I know I have had to tolerate it many times myself. There are remedies out there though.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Epson salts

16. kellerman

kellerman Guest

I haven't taken this exercise yet. Can anyone tell me more about it i.e what are the benefits and downsides of it?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

High impact exercise to your feet is causing the burning. Your feet are taking a beating they're not used to.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the correct answer. Also try to limit or avoid exercises that pound the metatarsal area like box jumps etc.

19. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be you toes are shot (first joint), could also be diabetes, neuropathy, back issues or even skin problems related to heat as you work out. I would say that long term heel spurs put pressure on your large joint and over time, this has caused that joint to weaken.